INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

dogs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: dogs

Post by Flamingo on Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:07 am

The Mexican government, in its infinite wisdom, passed a 16% tax on pet food that goes into affect Jan 2014. We can expect a dramatic increase in street dogs as people are no longer able to feed them and the resulting dog packs. It will not be pretty.
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca on Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:14 am

Yes flamingo, that occurred to me and I'm super pissed off about the tax and the effect it will have on Mexican pets. And it's on medications at the pharmacy. What can they be thinking. The meds will have an impact on me but can you imagine what it will do to Mexicans who can barely afford meds. I can understand taxing luxury items but pet food and medication do not meet my definition of luxuries.
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by blabbyabbey on Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:39 am

simpsca wrote:Yes flamingo, that occurred to me and I'm super pissed off about the tax and the effect it will have on Mexican pets.  And it's on medications at the pharmacy. What can they be thinking. The meds will have an impact on me but can you imagine what it will do to Mexicans who can barely afford meds.  I can understand taxing luxury items but pet food and medication do not meet my definition of luxuries.

I don't think they were thinking, at least about the hardships that this will create.

I would like to remind all that we can help in a small way at least for some of the animals in the various shelters. There is a monthly pet food drive (3rd Thursday) at the Riberas shelter where you can purchase food for the shelter of your choice. All you have to do is let them know which shelter and that shelter will pick up the food. A purchase can be made at anytime, so next time you are in the area think of purchasing dog/cat food for the many animals in need. Thank you all.

blabbyabbey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte on Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:51 am

Most problems come from large dogs on leashes that owners cannot control. We never had a serious problems with lose dogs and we have walked by the lake for over 10 years. Right now we have from Chihuahuas to medium size dogs and none of them have been attacked. The chihuahua are also walking with us off leashes and they play with the large dogs that are guarding the cows on the west end. We have yet to meet a lose dog that is acting aggresive.

The tax on dog food is a real shame, just when we were starting to see less starving dogs on the street. Tax on medecine is really awful to say the least in a country where many people cannot afford the medecine without tax. What the heck are they thinking about!

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top