INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UNUSED PRESCRIPTIONS

5 posters

Go down

UNUSED PRESCRIPTIONS Empty UNUSED PRESCRIPTIONS

Post by Jim W Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:59 pm

Rather than dump them, or worse flush them, drop them off @ Cruz Roja to the attention of Dr. Sam. cheers 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

UNUSED PRESCRIPTIONS Empty Re: UNUSED PRESCRIPTIONS

Post by DolceVita Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:40 pm

[quote="Jim W"]Rather than dump them, or worse flush them, drop them off @ Cruz Roja  to the attention of Dr. Sam. :cheers: [/quote]

OMG,  I never even thought of it - thanks so much for letting me / us  know.
I have a couple of very expensive, yet, individual packaged meds. that have been properly stored but never used and,  please, do not ask
or question me why I bought, but never used them.

Anyway,  I have planned another trip (hoping it will be a serene one)  within the next couple of months and ) and I certainly will get in touch
with Dr. Sam Thelin.  

Cheers to you too Jim,  for this eye opening thread.

DolceVita

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:22 pm

Thank You DolceVita! Dr. Sam Tries to use them for patients @ Cruz Roja. Many patients can't afford prescriptions.....so it is a feel good win, and possibly deductible as a donation. Surte 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:38 pm

all us old people get prescribed drugs coming out our ying yang until the docs find the right ones. we have been donating these"experiments" fer years to cruz roja and not caring if they are deductible. somebody may as well use them-eh!
this is the last batch we took there.
UNUSED PRESCRIPTIONS Useles11
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DolceVita Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:03 pm

P e d r o   - I do Not know about Canada but, in the US And in all ? or at least in most of the European Countries one Cannot donate
previously bought Medicines.

And thank you Jim W.  because we've now have lived in MX going on 6 years yet, never had a clue that we would be able to donate instead
of "flushing" 'em down you know where !!!

DolceVita

Back to top Go down

Post by BobC Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:23 am

DolceVita wrote:P e d r o   - I do Not know about Canada but, in the US And in all ? or at least in most of the European Countries one Cannot donate
previously bought Medicines.

And thank you Jim W.  because we've now have lived in MX going on 6 years yet, never had a clue that we would be able to donate instead
of "flushing" 'em down you know where !!!

In Canada and, I presume the U.S., most prescriptions come loose in bottles (make-work for pharmacists). In most of the rest of the world, in the places I've lived, prescriptions come in bubble packs in boxes (see Pedro's bags). With loose pills you have no idea what is in the bottles unless you look at each single pill (they are coded). Bubble packs are pretty hard to tamper with.

Nevertheless, there is still some risk but if they are being dispensed by a physician, it should be pretty safe especially if the alternative is no prescription at all.

In much of Europe, I suspect prescriptions are free, or at least subsidised, so why take any risk?

Bob

BobC
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Any kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:53 am

i think there is about 300-400 bucks worth in that bag. so donating yer drugs to cruz is as good as the dinero that you also donate. bobc,these are dispensed by pharmacists and you only need the RX once so the pharma knows what ta give ya except controlled stough and antibiotics which need a RX everytime.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BobC Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:50 am

Pedro wrote:i think there is about 300-400 bucks worth in that bag. so donating yer drugs to cruz is as good as the dinero that you also donate. bobc,these are dispensed by pharmacists and you only need the RX once so the pharma knows what ta give ya except controlled stough and antibiotics which need a RX everytime.

Yes, I had forgotten that you don't even need a prescription for most drugs in Mexico.

Bob

BobC
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Any kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalamed Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:54 pm

As of Feb. 2014, I will be volunteering at the TEPEHUA COMMUNITY CENTER in Chapala.

TEPEHUA COMMUNITY CENTER WEBSITE

Although the indigenous peoples of the Tepehua community will be getting free medical consultations it will do them little good if they cannot purchase medications that they may need. Please help by dropping off your unused medications that are NOT expired at my office in Chapala at Hidalgo 293 during normal business hours 9 am- 5 pm.

Thank you in advance.

Santiago Hernandez M.D.
Chapalamed
Chapalamed
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down