INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COPD

5 posters

Go down

COPD Empty COPD

Post by Fastfox Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:39 pm

Anybody living in Chapala area with COPD? I am wondering how you are doing at this elevation. Supposedly, this is not considered high.
Fastfox
Fastfox
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

COPD Empty Re: COPD

Post by gatosigi Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:48 am

I have stage 1 and do as well here as at lower elevation. A friend with significant COPD visited and could not walk up the gentle slopes of the Ajijic streets. It takes about 2 weeks for your blood chemistry to adjust to the higher elevation / thinner air. There are drugs you can take that may help over the short term. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_high_altitude_on_humans is a starting point for info if you have not already searched the internet.

gatosigi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

COPD Empty COPD and altitute

Post by Fastfox Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:31 am

gatosigi wrote:I have stage 1 and do as well here as at lower elevation. A friend with significant COPD visited and could not walk up the gentle slopes of the Ajijic streets. It takes about 2 weeks for your blood chemistry to adjust to the higher elevation / thinner air. There are drugs you can take that may help over the short term. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_high_altitude_on_humans is a starting point for info if you have not already searched the internet.
I have researched it. Thanks!
Fastfox
Fastfox
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:56 am

Read this post by Dr. Sam, a local doctor - use this link and the post is very lengthy and about oxygen and living at this lever with impaired lung function - http://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?showtopic=49175
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalamed Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:55 pm

I have found that the patients I've seen with a COPD exacerbation reported to do much better after some fine-tuning with their meds. I found that some developed allergies to local environmental allergens (which they thought was their COPD acting up) but were much improved after addressing the underlying causes.
Chapalamed
Chapalamed
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DolceVita Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:26 pm

[quote="Chapalamed"]I have found that the patients I've seen with a COPD exacerbation reported to do much better after some fine-tuning with their meds. I found that some developed allergies to local environmental allergens (which they thought was their COPD acting up) but were much improved after addressing the underlying causes.
[/quote]

You are absolutely correct on Your findings And Results.
In our case, we moved to the Coast and are doing very well without the almost constant Allergies, and, in my husbands case, his high BP problems
have almost diminished,  meaning -  way improved to being just about normal.
5 to 5,500 feet may not be high to some people, Yet,  it Can And Will make a huge difference to some and hubby is one of them.
Keep up the good work Doc!

DolceVita

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum