INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I applied for Residente Permanente today.

5 posters

Go down

I applied for Residente Permanente today. Empty I applied for Residente Permanente today.

Post by Rolly Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:19 pm

After 14 years in México, today was my turn to apply for Residente Permanente. It's so easy at my IMN office -- just walk in and do it, no line, no waiting, free off-street parking, very nice and helpful ladies who run the place. Drango still requires proof of address and 3 months of bank statements -- a nuisance, but no big deal.

I had gone to the office a couple of weeks ago to inquire about the application letter. I knew from past years, they are picky about the wording. I aced it. It even got a laugh at the part where I was supposed to say I wanted to live in México permanently.

I wrote:
He vivido en Lerdo durante casi 14 años y espero que permanecer aquí por el resto de mi vida. Ya he comprado mi sepultura en el cementerio de Lerdo.

In English:
I have lived in Lerdo for almost 14 years and expect to remain here for the remainder of my life. I have already bought my burial place in Lerdo’s cemetery.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

I applied for Residente Permanente today. Empty Re: I applied for Residente Permanente today.

Post by slainte39 Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:34 pm

You can't get anymore "permanente" than that..... Very Happy  
....and deportation would be difficult in the "second Phase"....but what if you get the "wanderlust" in your "90's"??
All that aside....congratulations Rolly, for settling down in life.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

I applied for Residente Permanente today. Empty Re: I applied for Residente Permanente today.

Post by zenwoodle Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:01 pm

He, upon whose heart the dust of Mexico has settled, can find peace in no other place.  Beer Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:27 pm

"Once the dust of Mexico settles on your heart, you can never go home again."   
Neill James

"Once the dust of Mexico has settled on your heart, you have no rest in any other land" attributed to Anita Brenner 1905-1974.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:12 pm

wayda go rolly!!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down