INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speeds = what do you get and what are you supposed to be getting?

+7
Hensley
kiminmexico
chelseagirls
Zedinmexico
zenwoodle
CheenaGringo
solajijic
11 posters

Go down

Speeds = what do you get and what are you supposed to be getting? Empty Speeds = what do you get and what are you supposed to be getting?

Post by solajijic Fri May 02, 2014 9:14 am

Central Ajijic

Speeds = what do you get and what are you supposed to be getting? 3476204431

What does this mean? And what should I want from TeleMex.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Speeds = what do you get and what are you supposed to be getting? Empty Re: Speeds = what do you get and what are you supposed to be getting?

Post by CheenaGringo Fri May 02, 2014 9:19 am

Whatever you are lucky enough to receive? It does sometimes depend on your plan.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Speeds = what do you get and what are you supposed to be getting? Empty Re: Speeds = what do you get and what are you supposed to be getting?

Post by zenwoodle Fri May 02, 2014 9:21 am

Most ISP's consider your speed to be the sum of upload and download.
In other words, they would say that you are getting 5.14 + 0.65, or 5.79.
I pay Telmex for the 3Mb service and get about the same as you are showing there.
What do you pay for?  Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Fri May 02, 2014 9:41 am

I know I don't pay for 5 so this is good enough. Now I know how to add them up and why, thanks.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Fri May 02, 2014 10:34 am

A friend in the DF is 26.5 up and .66 down. Apparently by adding them together that is very fast and something we will likely never see.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri May 02, 2014 1:52 pm

Telmex 3, 5, 10 bundles. I have 1 due to wire length to switch. Use for backup and VOIP phone.

Telecable 5, 8, 10, 15 bundles I think. I have 8 and it works.

About equal to 5 Telmex except for long downloads where the cable picks up speed I think. Telmex DSL sets up faster than Telecable. Speed for Telecable also depends on folks in Neighborhood sharing bandwidth. DSL is wired back to switch directly for most part. More up and down with Telecable. Telmex is more Stable for most part. My Telecable goes down about three times the time my Telmex but to be fair 1 download service is pretty basic these days and should be very stable.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by chelseagirls Sat May 03, 2014 7:59 am

Speeds = what do you get and what are you supposed to be getting? 3478094431

This is mine this morning, I pay for hasta 5mb/s, my speed more than doubled to this about 6 months ago and is very stable. West Ajijic. Naturally, very happy!

chelseagirls

Back to top Go down

Post by kiminmexico Sat May 03, 2014 3:43 pm

I am also in West Ajijic using Telmex. I pay for 5Mbs & that's what I get. Wish I did get 10Mbs. That would be nice because I do a lot of downloading & use internet radio & Magic Jack VOIP.
kiminmexico
kiminmexico

Back to top Go down

Post by kiminmexico Sat May 03, 2014 3:44 pm

I am also in West Ajijic using Telmex. I pay for 5Mbs & that's what I get. Wish I did get 10Mbs. That would be nice because I do a lot of downloading & use internet radio & Magic Jack VOIP.
kiminmexico
kiminmexico

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Sun May 04, 2014 7:18 am

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3479838733Speeds = what do you get and what are you supposed to be getting? 3479838733

This is terrible I don't know what else to do, I went and got a new modem about 4 months ago and it is an old rebuilt.
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiminmexico Sun May 04, 2014 7:32 am

Hensley,
Maybe you should consider changing to Telecable. Those results are nothing short of terrible. Or, get a Telmex tech. out to find out what the hell is going on. That's ridiculous.
kiminmexico
kiminmexico

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun May 04, 2014 7:57 am

Time to call it in Hensley.  I thought I was slow with 1 on my Telmex modem.  Call Telmex and keep asking for English (why they got rid of the direct English number I will never know) and eventually you will get with a very nice English speaking tech.  Have a copy of your bill to answer any questions. He/she
will test the line and such and tell you what is going on.  You should at least be 1 on download. Also before calling try speedtest on another server to see if results are the same. Allow a nice cool drink and  an hour or two for the process depending of course on how busy they are.  If you can't do it ask around the neighborhood for the smart Mexican computer kid and have him help you.  He will know about slow and such and he also speaks Spanish which should shorten the call as you don't have to wait for the English folks to be freed up. Keep google translate up on your computer to translate your English to Spanish if the computer kid doesn't speak English.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun May 04, 2014 8:01 am

I have the basic package and get what I pay for.

Speeds = what do you get and what are you supposed to be getting? 3479894952

I do a lot of work on the internet and it is plenty fast for my needs. Occasionally video Skype gets a little choppy but most of the time it works good.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ccsjc Sun May 04, 2014 12:56 pm

After two, long phone tech support sessions with TelMex, I went to the office in Ajijic.  I got a service ticket right away and a young man came to check my system.  He fixed something and suggested I get an extension installed, so I can directly wire when I am watching USTV Now.  Everything else seems to work well via wireless.  We now have about a 6 when you add both numbers together; pay for 5.  Time of day does impact; when neighbors are online ... Speed slows.  Went back to TelMex and got new ticket to have extension installed. Costs about 700 pesos which is put onto your phone bill (choice of 1 month or 2 for paying for it).  Waiting for extension to be installed.  Live in San Juan Cosala.

Ccsjc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Mon May 05, 2014 6:25 am

kiminmexico wrote:Hensley,
Maybe you should consider changing to Telecable. Those results are nothing short of terrible. Or, get a Telmex tech. out to find out what the hell is going on. That's ridiculous.

Been there done that and had not service for 13 out of 19 days, then went to Profeco to get my money back.
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon May 05, 2014 7:56 am

Ccsjc wrote:After two, long phone tech support sessions with TelMex, I went to the office in Ajijic.  I got a service ticket right away and a young man came to check my system.  He fixed something and suggested I get an extension installed, so I can directly wire when I am watching USTV Now.  Everything else seems to work well via wireless.  We now have about a 6 when you add both numbers together; pay for 5.  Time of day does impact; when neighbors are online ... Speed slows.  Went back to TelMex and got new ticket to have extension installed. Costs about 700 pesos which is put onto your phone bill (choice of 1 month or 2 for paying for it).  Waiting for extension to be installed.  Live in San Juan Cosala.

Telmex or DSL or Phone modem works by using the same pair of wires that your phone works from.  It goes all the way back to the Switch. Now Telecable or Cable modem does share the local bandwidth on the cable with neighbors. The slowdown with DSL has nothing to do with your neighbors. The slowdown is farther down the internet not something in your neighborhood. Good Luckk!

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Mon May 05, 2014 1:26 pm

Got a new modem in a regular box instead of a generic and it is a bit faster, I still need to call when I have time.
Speeds = what do you get and what are you supposed to be getting? 3482456143
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiminmexico Mon May 05, 2014 1:28 pm

Hensley, .74 down.....that's a joke. It's not the modem!!!!!
kiminmexico
kiminmexico

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue May 20, 2014 10:09 pm

Not too bad:
Speeds = what do you get and what are you supposed to be getting? <a href=Speeds = what do you get and what are you supposed to be getting? Speed10" />

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Wed May 21, 2014 7:33 am

You suck Cheena I am so jealous.

I have called Telmex and got a really nice young man that brought my speed up to 1.68 and said he would put a work order for it to be over 3. never happened, so I called yesterday and talked to another tech and she put in another work order to get it higher again 72 more hours. That is ok at least it is a bit higher now.
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Wed May 21, 2014 10:08 pm

Finally

Speeds = what do you get and what are you supposed to be getting? 3515579496
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed May 21, 2014 10:21 pm

If it is any consolation, this is the first time I have had an upload speed of over about .85. I did some jockeying with uploading a bunch of photos today and was totally amazed by the speed at which they uploaded in the full size original format. Can't wait to try uploading videos!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Speeds = what do you get and what are you supposed to be getting? Empty Sent you a PM

Post by Pogo Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:33 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:Time to call it in Hensley.  I thought I was slow with 1 on my Telmex modem.  Call Telmex and keep asking for English (why they got rid of the direct English number I will never know) and eventually you will get with a very nice English speaking tech.  Have a copy of your bill to answer any questions. He/she
will test the line and such and tell you what is going on.  You should at least be 1 on download. Also before calling try speedtest on another server to see if results are the same. Allow a nice cool drink and  an hour or two for the process depending of course on how busy they are.  If you can't do it ask around the neighborhood for the smart Mexican computer kid and have him help you.  He will know about slow and such and he also speaks Spanish which should shorten the call as you don't have to wait for the English folks to be freed up. Keep google translate up on your computer to translate your English to Spanish if the computer kid doesn't speak English.

Z

I sent you a PM, Z. I hope you might have time to reply.

Pogo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob and Wendy Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:24 pm

I spent 3 and 1/2 months talking with Telmex. I had .8 MBPS download and .08 upload. I have no options for anything else because where I live in west Ajijic has no cables run.  I fought for quite awhile and finally I have 3.0 MBPS upload and .35 up.  It is much better.  I would like more but it appears to be all I can get.

Rob and Wendy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down