Log In or Register

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Leaving US Plated Car in Mexico

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Leaving US Plated Car in Mexico

Post by leem on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:42 am

I have a U.S. plated car imported on a 180 day permit. I am here on a tourist visa.

I would like to take a two week trip (by airplane) to South America. What are the regulations about leaving a car here temporarily under these circumstances? Everyone tells me something different.

Is my car permit somehow tied to my tourist visa in the Immigration/Aduana computers? Will I need to turn in my tourist visa if I fly out of Guadalajara? When I return, can I get a new tourist visa? Will they see that I've already had one and that there is a car under my name?

I am not that concerned about the car itself. It will be locked up in a garage.



Posts : 2
Join date : 2011-01-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Leaving US Plated Car in Mexico

Post by Rolly on Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:49 am

You car permit is not tied to your FMM.

For a complete discussion of this issue, Read here.
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 841
Join date : 2010-04-05
Age : 86
Location : Lerdo, Durago
Humor : Weird

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum