INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shaw Direct Satellite TV

+13
Lady Otter Latté
CHILLIN
Pedro
addtocart
Zedinmexico
Jim W
zenwoodle
Viajero-Tiempo
newinajijic
CanuckBob
David
JayBear
MexicoJimbo
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Shaw Direct Satellite TV Empty Shaw Direct Satellite TV

Post by MexicoJimbo Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:40 am

Does anyone have the name and office phone number of the blonde Canadian lady who provides Shaw Direct Satellite TV service in Lake Chapala?

I'm a long-time client, dating back to when her late husband ran the business several years ago, but I have lost her contact info.  Since I only deal with her once a year to pay my annual subscription fee, darned if I can even remember her name.

My renewal date is coming up soon but I will be visiting Canada on that date, so it is important for me to be able to contact that lady in the next week or so.

I know this is probably a long-shot, but if anyone has her contact info, I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
MexicoJimbo

MexicoJimbo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Shaw Direct Satellite TV Empty Re: Shaw Direct Satellite TV

Post by JayBear Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:48 am

Yup, I got it. In May I paid $63 for a year's subscription; used PayPal, for which all I needed was her name and email address as above.

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoJimbo Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:11 am

JayBear wrote:Yup, I got it. In May I paid $63 for a year's subscription; used PayPal, for which all I needed was her name and email address as above.

That's not her, but thanks anyway.  The woman I'm looking for has a Chapala phone number and I believe she lives in Chapala Haciendas.

MexicoJimbo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoJimbo Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:19 am

Thanks to a poster on TOB, I now recall that the lady I'm trying to get contact info for is named Cheryl and lives in Chapala Haciendas 2. I also know that she has two sons, one of whom is named Blake.

I really need her contact info because I want to renew my Shaw Direct subscription in the next couple of weeks before I make my annual visit to Canada.

MexicoJimbo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:06 am

Shaw doesn't "renew." Don't you have your own account w/ Shaw? Billed monthly to your credit card. Or are you a stacker?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:23 am

If they are paying a third party that lives here "a yearly amount" it is obviously a stacked account. No?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:46 am

The term "renew" alerted me.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoJimbo Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:10 am

My problem is solved. Just talked to Cheryl.

Thanks to everyone for the help.

MexicoJimbo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by newinajijic Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:46 pm

I am trying to edit an existing favorites list with no success, I have too many duplicate channels. I could do a new list but would prefer to edit any suggestions?

newinajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:59 pm

Just wunderin, how cheap we can get? Stacking accounts to save $50 bucks?

I have my account and pay our fair share.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:29 pm

Some save a lot more than that. I know people with the full meal deal ($140 retail) for $40 per month. Besides, if you are not a Canadian resident it is all illegal.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Viajero-Tiempo Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:26 pm

I am amazed that posters here call the theft of services "stacking". Why don't they call it stealing.

I am also amazed that folks publicly ask for the names and phone numbers of the primary thieves that then "fence" their wares.

What would happen if one of these questions and the related answers were sent to Shaw.

What would happen to the thieves down here if all the folks here could no longer get their legitimate Shaw receptions.

Why are folks patronizing these theives
Don't they know they are stealing as well
Is stealing a game Canadians like to play?
Are they proud of being cheats and thieves

Just wondering what kind of folks live here.
I wonder if they discuss the "Mexican thieves"

Viajero-Tiempo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:56 pm

There is no "legitimate" Shaw services down here. It is all illegal. Shaw is not allowed to provide a signal to anyone residing outside of Canada, Period!!! Here is another thread to read if you want to get up to speed.

https://www.insidelakeside.com/t12862-complete-shaw-satellite-system?highlight=shaw
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:35 pm

Well, it's not exactly illegal but it is immoral.  It depends on where you come from, I think.  Americans are allowed (in the USA) to receive ANY signal that they can capture.  Shaw for years has allowed anyone with a Canadian address (they don't care where the CC is registered) to access their signal.  So, what it comes down to is paying for service or not.  If you have your own account with Shaw you pay for what you get.  If you stack on someone elses account you're cheating Shaw out of the revenue for what you get.  I'll admit that while I'm not Canadian I do have a Canadian address and my own Shaw account.  So I pay full boat for what I receive from Shaw.  YMMV.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:33 pm

It is illegal for Shaw to permit anyone to receive their signals if they are not resident in Canada.
Just make sure that they do not know that you are not resident in Canada.
Or kiss your receivers goodbye. Beer Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:01 pm

JayBear wrote:Yup, I got it. In May I paid $63 for a year's subscription; used PayPal, for which all I needed was her name and email address as above.

I find that odd Jay.   Her father sells the equipment also and preaches the sins of stacking.  With You paying $63.00 year and people like David and I are paying approx., $1200.00 USD per year with Shaw on our own account.   I think stacking  will be the downfall of Shaw service in Mexico.   Why don't ya all pay your fair share?   I suspect someone will get screwed on a stacked account, report it to Shaw......adios TV service.    Blackeye
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Viajero-Tiempo Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:05 am

Anyone - Anyone selling "stacked" service to others may say or may have deluded themselves into viewing their theft as providing a service

They are taking monies from Shaw and subsequently from providers
They are thieves - period
The next time you see one of them on the street or at SuperLake or LCS, see them for what they are -  common thieves!

Do you want a thief as an acquaintance or friend.
Do you want o live next door to a thief.

If you're buying from these thieves,
If you use their fenced goods - if you pay them and not Shaw,
then you're no different!

Now, are you going to boast about being a thief?
Are you really proud?

Would you buy the iPad this thief took from my house or from the home of another of your friends?

For most of us viejos, we KNOW what "Stacking" or using "Stacked" is!  And we know what these folks are.

They are thieves!  Period.  no ifs ands or buts.

And the folks that enrich these thieves are providing more incentive for the thieves to expand

Viajero-Tiempo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:13 am

David wrote:Well, it's not exactly illegal but it is immoral.  It depends on where you come from, I think.  Americans are allowed (in the USA) to receive ANY signal that they can capture.  Shaw for years has allowed anyone with a Canadian address (they don't care where the CC is registered) to access their signal.  So, what it comes down to is paying for service or not.  If you have your own account with Shaw you pay for what you get.  If you stack on someone elses account you're cheating Shaw out of the revenue for what you get.  I'll admit that while I'm not Canadian I do have a Canadian address and my own Shaw account.  So I pay full boat for what I receive from Shaw.  YMMV.

I don't think it is illegal here in Mexico to receive the signal but it is illegal in Canada for Shaw to provide it to anyone outside of Canada. I am not sure how some of these local providers get all these different accounts but Shaw is going to shut them down eventually. I heard that at one time Shaw had a deal with a few of the providers here and set them up with commercial accounts which are different than the residential accounts.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:49 am

So Shaw spits a Canadian signal all over north America and it is wrong for us to pick it up in Mexico? If you look at Toronto you use to see before cable/sat antenna pointing to Buffalo. If you look at Buffalo you would see antenna pointing to Toronto so one could watch Global and the CBC.  This is nothing new. People have been picking up signals and decoding them for 30/40 years. I can't legally buy the signal as I am not a resident of Canada so I get it anyway I can.  No guilt here and such a small financial loss to Shaw. Enjoy it while you can after these two birds have used up the gas that allows it to adjust its position in space they will go away and the new third bird only allows reception to S.F.  It has a much tighter beam as will the replacements for the two birds we watch.  Mexico does not want Canada sending its signals all the way down here as it might mess up the ability here to use a sat on the same frequency. Mexico is now putting in an emergency communication system using Boeing birds to improve rural communications during emergencies so eventually everybody needs space for local birds and will not tolerate splatting a signal all over Mexico like Shaw does. Note US Dish and DSS have tightened up and do not splat all over Mexico anymore thus the 8 ft dish needed compared to the 3 ft wide dish for Shaw.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:20 am

I'm sure Sky Dish (Mexican satellite provider) and Telecable have a problem with Shaw's signal being splatted all over Mexico too.......jaja. In a few years they may pick up a few thousand more customers.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Viajero-Tiempo Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:22 am

Z
Yes, it's wrong
Your technical justification is a justification for theft
Please tell us if you have an account with Shaw
And if you do, do you allow or charge others for access to the same programming as though it is another of your personal receivers
And if you don't have an account with Shaw,
do you pay someone else to give/sell/rent equipment to you so that you can access Shaw programming.

If you do not have an account in your name - that you pay money to shaw or if you have such an account, but share it and equipment and associated identification information with (sell or give "stacked" access) then you are stealing income from Shaw.

And you say you "get it anyway I can".

Like it or not, you are a thief. And everyone who reads here knows it. And your acquaintances know it.

Are you proud of what you are?

Viajero-Tiempo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by addtocart Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:59 am

I read these posts about how horrible it is for someone to be a thief and I laugh out loud.  In Mexico?  Just trying to fit in.
addtocart
addtocart
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:44 am

addtocart wrote:I read these posts about how horrible it is for someone to be a thief and I laugh out loud.  In Mexico?  Just trying to fit in.
SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:25 am

How much do you think Shaw pays to rebroadcast cable channels - that's right ZERO. It is such a crisis that U.S. and Canadian television broadcasters are thinking of converting to a "pay to view" type service. Commercials are not paying the freight anymore. Even Hulu.com has commercials - but they are far less frequent and annoying than the cable channels. Cutting the cable is a newsworthy topic these days, there are hundreds of channels now on the internet, and this is why the re-broadcasters are afraid to introduce "pay to view" - it would be their death sentence.

What is needed is an economical satellite internet service - a project Google is spending billions on.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:08 am

Viajero-Tiempo wrote:Z
Yes, it's wrong
Your technical justification is a justification for theft
Please tell us if you have an account with Shaw
And if you do, do you allow or charge others for access to the same programming as though it is another of your personal receivers
And if you don't have an account with Shaw,
do you pay someone else to give/sell/rent equipment to you so that you can access Shaw programming.

If you do not have an account in your name - that you pay money to shaw or if you have such an account, but share it and equipment and associated identification information with (sell or give "stacked" access) then you are stealing income from Shaw.

And you say you "get it anyway I can".

Like it or not, you are a thief. And everyone who reads here knows it.  And your acquaintances know it.

Are you proud of what you are?

Well you can rest easy as there are way more people stacking in Canada (where it is actually illegal) than there is here in Mexico.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next