INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changing vehicle importation rules

+11
Intercasa
Pedro
addtocart
Playaboy
solajijic
slainte39
Lady Otter Latté
David
CanuckBob
Gamina
Rolly
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Changing vehicle importation rules - Page 2 Empty Re: Changing vehicle importation rules

Post by slainte39 Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:07 pm

David wrote:He didn't say "everyone has contacts."   Perhaps he should have said he'd heard something different.

I think the previous poster to yours, said that, not playaboy, as there is a period after "said that".

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Changing vehicle importation rules - Page 2 Empty Re: Changing vehicle importation rules

Post by Pedro Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:08 pm

in your op you said that NAFTA vehicles older than 10 years can't be nationalized after this year. does that mean i can't nationalize my 1988 us made ford ranger next year or will i still be able to do it by paying iva and a duty? what about my 61 year old british made moto which was registered in canada?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:39 pm

addtocart wrote:
Playaboy wrote:I have different contacts than you Rolly.  

I have been told that non-nafta cars can be imported, have alway been able to import, to Mexico if you want to pay the IVA and IMPORT DUTIES.  Any year, any model, any country of origin.

Nafta cars pay only IVA.  That is what the NAFTA treaty is all about.
You are the first person, in nearly two years of this subject bouncing around, who has said that.  Everyone has "contacts".  Many of them have either run off with people's money or been hauled up on charges.

Here is my contact.  I believe it is pretty reliable.

Aduana Duty Estimate Cost

Look at the dates at the very top of the page.  First published 1994 and revised Sept 2014.  Then go look for your Kia's, Toyota's, or Porsche fee's.

I have an acquaintance that properly CBP exported and Mexican imported his German Mercedes and British Jaguar several years ago.  He wanted the cars, had the money, so he paid the high import duty and IVA taxes.  There were other hoops to jump thru too.  It was all done without mordida too.

The export/import process is very straightforward.  The real info is out there on the WWW.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:57 pm

according to that chart my 1988 ford ranger would be just over $3000 usd/euros? or is it in pesos?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:59 pm

I've seen it, probably pesos! razberry
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:02 pm

Jim W wrote:I've seen it, probably pesos! razberry
Duh..

Last edited by viajero on Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:02 pm

No, the top of the chart specifically states "dolares".
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:10 pm

Gamina wrote:No, the top of the chart specifically states "dolares".
It sure does,who would have thought that it would cost $3000 to import a vehicle that's probably worth less than a grand.

Last edited by viajero on Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:32 pm

viajero wrote:
Gamina wrote:No, the top of the chart specifically states "dolares".
It sure does,who would thought that it would cost $3000 to import a vehicle that's probably worth less than a grand.

Spot on Chris!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:44 pm

An excellent scheme of Mexico's to get revenue from the gringos ricos. Make it impossible to live in Mexico permanently without giving up your car or better yet, having it nationalized. Making the nationalization very expensive, especially for older vehicles which those old gringos love to drive. Never mind that those old cars work really well and driving in Mexico is like bumper cars so don't drive anything too expensive. The gob. seems to be grabbing at money anywhere they can.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:02 pm

People with irrational relationships with inanimate objects which cause them to lose money or not face reality does not make sense.

How many teenagers who work fast food and bought their own car in the US drive nicer cars than 75% of the gringos here in Mexico?

You wouldn't keep your car for 30 years in the US, why do it in Mexico, especially when it doesn't make sense and it is a losing battle? A classic 1950s Chevy, 1964 Mustang I see but a Dart, Pinto, Civic, Festiva, B210 no.

How many Mexicans living in the US are driving their Mexican cars with Mexican plates? Maybe Obama can give them rights to have their cars from Mexico too, fair is fair after all, no?

Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:13 pm

When I get frustrated with the hoops we have to jump through to live here, I think of all the crapola the Mexicans have to put up with to live in the US and realize we are better off. Our weather's better if nothing else.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:31 pm

Intercasa wrote:People with irrational relationships with inanimate objects which cause them to lose money or not face reality does not make sense.

How many teenagers who work fast food and bought their own car in the US drive nicer cars than 75% of the gringos here in Mexico?  

You wouldn't keep your car for 30 years in the US, why do it in Mexico, especially when it doesn't make sense and it is a losing battle?  A classic 1950s Chevy, 1964 Mustang I see but a Dart, Pinto, Civic, Festiva, B210 no.  

How many Mexicans living in the US are driving their Mexican cars with Mexican plates?  Maybe Obama can give them rights to have their cars from Mexico too, fair is fair after all, no?

Hey... hey
Don't be bad-mouth'n The Dart... that little 340ci engine would blow the doors off many Ford, Gm products...
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CD8QtwIwBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D_HvNsXHHeYE&ei=dEZxVI2yGcujNuDkg9gH&usg=AFQjCNEWPnezgCLud2dzh-nS6UwFonStkA&bvm=bv.80185997,d.eXY
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gpbasap Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:12 pm

Hock may your glass always be half full! Beer
gpbasap
gpbasap
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:11 pm

Jim W wrote:I've seen it, probably pesos! razberry
but you haven't driven it. i really don't care what it looks like. don't know much about efficient vehicles that don't cost much do you. even if it's 3 grand-it's worth more than replacing it for the same amount smart guy.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:17 pm

Gamina wrote:An excellent scheme of Mexico's to get revenue from the gringos ricos.    Never mind that those old cars work really well and driving in Mexico is like bumper cars so don't drive anything too expensive.  .
good post
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:00 am

hockables wrote:
Intercasa wrote:People with irrational relationships with inanimate objects which cause them to lose money or not face reality does not make sense.

You wouldn't keep your car for 30 years in the US, why do it in Mexico, especially when it doesn't make sense and it is a losing battle?  A classic 1950s Chevy, 1964 Mustang I see but a Dart, Pinto, Civic, Festiva, B210 no.  

How many Mexicans living in the US are driving their Mexican cars with Mexican plates?  Maybe Obama can give them rights to have their cars from Mexico too, fair is fair after all, no?

Hey... hey
Don't be bad-mouth'n The Dart... that little 340ci engine would blow the doors off many Ford, Gm products...
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CD8QtwIwBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D_HvNsXHHeYE&ei=dEZxVI2yGcujNuDkg9gH&usg=AFQjCNEWPnezgCLud2dzh-nS6UwFonStkA&bvm=bv.80185997,d.eXY

1969 340/4 gear Dart is one of the finest Mopars made.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by addtocart Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:17 am

Playaboy wrote:
addtocart wrote:

I have been told that non-nafta cars can be imported, have alway been able to import, to Mexico if you want to pay the IVA and IMPORT DUTIES.  Any year, any model, any country of origin.

You are the first person, in nearly two years of this subject bouncing around, who has said that.  Everyone has "contacts".  Many of them have either run off with people's money or been hauled up on charges.

Look at the dates at the very top of the page.  First published 1994 and revised Sept 2014.  Then go look for your Kia's, Toyota's, or Porsche fee's.

I have an acquaintance that properly CBP exported and Mexican imported his German Mercedes and British Jaguar several years ago.  He wanted the cars, had the money, so he paid the high import duty and IVA taxes.  There were other hoops to jump thru too.  It was all done without mordida too.

The export/import process is very straightforward.  The real info is out there on the WWW.
My question, after all this time, is why are we just now being told this?  The word for the last two years, no matter who you ask, is "Only vehicles MANUFACTURED in a NAFTA country".  Not sold, manufactured.  They are two very different things.

Of course, I am talking about people who are not brokers with fake paperwork, "facilitators" who rake in as much money as they can then head for the hills, etc.  I mean Aduana officials who have posted this specific information that we can actually read.  Not "Other hoops".

I have a car manufactured in a non-NAFTA country and would love to put Mexican plates on it.  Legally.  Not through a broker who is bound to be swept up in the next scandal.  

Playaboy, I believe you have taken cars across the border to be sold on behalf of people who are stuck with them because of their country of manufacture.  Why didn't you mention this to them?
addtocart
addtocart
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:27 pm

addtocart wrote:
Playaboy wrote:
addtocart wrote:

My question, after all this time, is why are we just now being told this?  The word for the last two years, no matter who you ask, is "Only vehicles MANUFACTURED in a NAFTA country".  Not sold, manufactured.  They are two very different things.

Of course, I am talking about people who are not brokers with fake paperwork, "facilitators" who rake in as much money as they can then head for the hills, etc.  I mean Aduana officials who have posted this specific information that we can actually read.  Not "Other hoops".

I have a car manufactured in a non-NAFTA country and would love to put Mexican plates on it.  Legally.  Not through a broker who is bound to be swept up in the next scandal.  

Playaboy, I believe you have taken cars across the border to be sold on behalf of people who are stuck with them because of their country of manufacture.  Why didn't you mention this to them?

Lots of people only want to hear what they want to hear. Lots of people make assumptions on what I know and what I do. You can believe anything you want. I don't believe you and I have spoken.

I think I first posted this about 3 years ago on one of the boards. I quit posting things about the export/import process because I get shot down or banned.

Want some help?

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by addtocart Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:01 am

Playaboy, I did talk directly to you and you said my only option was to take the car over the border and sell it.  Never a mention of being able to nationalize my J-car with just a few "more hoops".
addtocart
addtocart
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:44 am

I did my own reasearch over two years ago and learned to my satisfaction (and disappointment) that there was NO way to nationalize anything other than a NAFTA car except thru nefarious, risky methods.  I then worked with Playaboy to dispose of my G car.  I never expected him to be an expert on nationalizing my car.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:25 pm

addtocart wrote:Playaboy, I did talk directly to you and you said my only option was to take the car over the border and sell it.  Never a mention of being able to nationalize my J-car with just a few "more hoops".

Addtocart, I am sorry but I don't know who you are or what kind of car you have.  I see you still have an issue you haven't solved.  If you want to remind me of our conversation, give me a call or email.

I have talked to over 100 people and looked at around 50 cars.  Some people I can help, others I can't.  Everyone's situation is different.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2