INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where can I find some yarn for knitting in Chapala/Ajijic?

5 posters

Go down

Where can I find some yarn for knitting in Chapala/Ajijic? Empty Where can I find some yarn for knitting in Chapala/Ajijic?

Post by Clueless Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:36 pm

Thanks.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Where can I find some yarn for knitting in Chapala/Ajijic? Empty Re: Where can I find some yarn for knitting in Chapala/Ajijic?

Post by sambrit10 Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:13 pm

There's a really great yard shop in Ajijic on Hidalgo, about 3/4 block going east from the plaza on the right hand side. ithas a great variety of beautiful yard including imported stuff, reasonable prices, and the lady who runs it is a lovely person.

There is also a tiny yarn shop with a hand lettered sign "Estambre" (Spanish for yarn), I believe directly to the right of "city hall" in Ajijic. Cheaper prices, in general not as good quality yarn and not as many options, but another very nice owner.

There are other options but those are my favorites.

sambrit10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Where can I find some yarn for knitting in Chapala/Ajijic? Empty Re: Where can I find some yarn for knitting in Chapala/Ajijic?

Post by slainte39 Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:34 pm

I believe the street name from Colon and the plaza (continuing Hidalgo) going east is, La Parroquia.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:41 am

In Chapala, turn off the main drag at the bus station, go to the 3rd street behind the bus station which is Zaragoza, go left and it is on the left, she does open around 10am and does close for siesta, she is a sweet lady and will do whatever you need.

I think the one across the main drag mountain side is closed, I went by there a couple of times and it has been closed and use to go there often, anyone know?
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by manymoonsago Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:38 am

You might send an email to:

A String Thing
Knit, Crochet, Conversation
Thursdays 10 — 1 (December only the first two Thursdays because of Christmas and New Years)
Javier Mina 60-8 Ajijic, Jalisco
sfruof@gmail.com

She has had some lovely yarns for sale in the past.
manymoonsago
manymoonsago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Ironic; Over the Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down