INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

taxes

+11
Pedro
David
hockables
slainte39
Lady Otter Latté
conejorapido
Gamina
SunFan
lucky
Intercasa
SunshineyDay
15 posters

Go down

taxes Empty taxes

Post by SunshineyDay Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:52 pm

Do we receive a property tax statement? Where is it paid? Sorry first time..

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

taxes Empty Re: taxes

Post by Intercasa Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:55 pm

You do not get a statement, you can go to this page https://predialchapala.gob.mx/ to see how much you owe, where it says numero de cuenta enter your account number which begins with U

Then go to city hall to pay.

Jocotepec municipality people I dont know if there is online access but you still pay at city hall.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:20 pm

Well, we don't actually pay at City Hall here in Joco. We pay across the Plaza, next to the OXXO.

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:25 am

Just paid my property taxes yesterday. I waited till this morning to post so I would calm down.

My taxes went up over 24%, almost a thousand pesos.

The joke of it is I live in a Frac. No water, no street maintenance, no street lighting. The only municipal services I receive are the Police!!!!!!

Does anyone know how taxes are calculated? Is it a fixed mill rate applied against property values or land and building area?

Is there any sort of appeal process?

The value of lakeside living is diminishing rapidly what with food, gas and housing.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:47 am

You are complaining about a less than $70US increase per YEAR? I'm happy to pay a little more to live in paradise.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by conejorapido Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:52 am

Yeah, compared to the $7,200 US we were paying in California in 2001 (who knows what it is now!) there's really not much to complain about when it comes to taxes. Sure we don't get much in the way of services but what do you expect when taxes run 5-700 US a year?

conejorapido
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:59 am

Gamina wrote:You are complaining about a less than $70US increase per YEAR?  I'm happy to pay a little more to live in paradise.

Don't worry. You will.

Can you explain a 24+% increase? Unless the current Presidente is replenishing the coffers prior to his departure!

SunFan

P.S. I pay in C$ so it's $80 to me
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:03 am

It's to pay for all the free-loaders from Guadalajara who haven't paid their taxes in years. I don't believe there is a penalty for not paying one's taxes; if there is a penalty, it's not enforced. No selling property on the courthouse steps for back taxes.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:06 am

Yes, SunFan, I think you should stomp on down to the municipal building and loudly complain. I am sure the Mexican authorities will be sympathetic and reduce your odious tax burden immediately! There is nothing they like more than entitled foreigners whining about how unfair life down here is to them, the place where they live by choice.
OR, you could just move on back where you came from and be done with all the hardships of living here.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:02 am

My predial (property tax), in  SAT, increased by 5%....fair enough, inflation.
You can go to the jefe at the tax office and request a measurement of the property and construction, in case the measurements are in error. Also, it is possible to get a reclassification of the property due to condition and age, such as a downgrade from de lujo to bueno or medio bueno that will reduce the valor de avaluo.  Many Mexican citizens have done that, not sure if the foreign community tries that approach.
Other than that, I know of no other appeal.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:46 am

News articles mentioned a 37% increase in Chapala but I havent seen that much, although the tax tables have not been published so there may be the increase for future transactions.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:32 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Yes, SunFan, I think you should stomp on down to the municipal building and loudly complain. I am sure the Mexican authorities will be sympathetic and reduce your odious tax burden immediately! There is nothing they like more than entitled foreigners whining about how unfair life down here is to them, the place where they live by choice.
OR, you could just move on back where you came from and be done with all the hardships of living here.

Wow L.O.T

That's a pretty over-the-top attack!!

Are you one of those folks who resents people who question government actions???

Why am I entitled?
Am I whining or just questioning the rationale for a 25% tax hike.

Calm down.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:37 pm

SunFan wrote:
Gamina wrote:You are complaining about a less than $70US increase per YEAR?  I'm happy to pay a little more to live in paradise.

Don't worry. You will.

Can you explain a 24+% increase? Unless the current Presidente is replenishing the coffers prior to his departure!

SunFan

P.S. I pay in C$ so it's $80 to me

Two years ago my lake property in Canada was re-appraised.... property taxes had been $1700 and I returned to a new and improved tax bill of $3700... the nice lady in the Town Office told me " you should be happy... It's a reflection of your increased Property Value "  Rolling Eyes  .... try to justify that??

Quit yer bitch'n.... everything going up... everywhere    Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:49 pm

hockables wrote:

Two years ago my lake property in Canada was re-appraised.... property taxes had been $1700 and I returned to a new and approved tax bill of $3700... the nice lady in the Town Office told me " you should be happy... It's a reflection of your increased Property Value "  Rolling Eyes  .... try to justify that??

Hocks
Did you thank the nice lady in the tax office and not question the rationale for the increase??? It would be quite understandable if I was told the tax rate was market value driven.....but somehow I doubt it.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:18 pm

Our went up 5%, in Las Salvias no less!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:02 pm

Prices, taxes and fees continue to rise, but retirement income does not, until you just cannot afford it any more and your resources are exhausted. Then, you die off and the next generation making big bucks for doing very little takes over the world.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:21 pm

SunFan wrote:
hockables wrote:

Two years ago my lake property in Canada was re-appraised.... property taxes had been $1700 and I returned to a new and approved tax bill of $3700... the nice lady in the Town Office told me " you should be happy... It's a reflection of your increased Property Value "  Rolling Eyes  .... try to justify that??

Hocks
Did you thank the nice lady in the tax office and not question the rationale for the increase??? It would be quite understandable if I was told the tax rate was market value driven.....but somehow I doubt it.

SunFan
the state sets the rate as has been posted ad nauseum on here and even in various newspapers. find out who your state rep is learn some spanish and ask him why. you are in mexico not tranna-correct?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:07 pm

SunFan, multiple exclamation points are used to "shout" a written statement when just one will not adequately express feelings/emotions. You wrote, “My taxes went up over 24%, almost a thousand pesos. The joke of it is I live in a Frac. No water, no street maintenance, no street lighting. The only municipal services I receive are the Police!!!!!!”
I assumed you were hopping mad and think you can understand this. I used just one exclamation point in my entire post and you read it as an “over-the-top attack” and wanted me to “calm down.”
If you had been paying the least bit of attention to what is going on you would have heard that property taxes were going up this year. It has been a topic of discussion here and other places for weeks. (I don’t even own property and I knew it.) You got taken by surprise and went on the attack, demanding an explanation for having to pay an extra $80 USD for the year on what I am guessing is a nice house in a lovely neighborhood.
So, yes, I think you were acting entitled and whiny.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:24 am

I just looked up my taxes online. It looks like the figure on the bill is for only a 6 month period? Under "periodo" it says 2015/1-2015/6. Do you have to pay every 6 months or can you pay for a year?

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:23 am

It is from Jan 2015 to Jan 2016, I think the 1-2015/6 should be 1/2015-1/2016, but it is a bit confusing. Taxes and water are paid annually.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

taxes Empty Jocotepec municipality

Post by Sherman Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:53 am

Intercasa wrote:You do not get a statement, you can go to this page  https://predialchapala.gob.mx/  to see how much you owe, where it says numero de cuenta enter your account number which begins with U

Then go to city hall to pay.

Jocotepec municipality people I dont know if there is online access but you still pay at city hall.  

for Joco -
property taxes (predial) and water are paid in the same building located on the plaza a couple doors away from the OXO. You don't deal with City Hall at all. Both are paid at the same counter. Walk in the front door and find the person who is handing out numbers for the que. Wait your turn. I went at 11:30 and was out of there in maybe 45 minutes.

For property taxes, there's a possibility of two discounts. One is with an INAPAM card (which you have to show) and the other is for early payment. Take your previous statements.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:03 pm

Just paid my land taxes. Wait was about 35 minutes and they went up 23% over last year. I live in Ajijic Centro.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ltollefs Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:18 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:SunFan, multiple exclamation points are used to "shout" a written statement when just one will not adequately express feelings/emotions. You wrote, “My taxes went up over 24%, almost a thousand pesos. The joke of it is I live in a Frac. No water, no street maintenance, no street lighting. The only municipal services I receive are the Police!!!!!!”
I assumed you were hopping mad and think you can understand this. I used just one exclamation point in my entire post and you read it as an “over-the-top attack” and wanted me to “calm down.”
If you had been paying the least bit of attention to what is going on you would have heard that property taxes were going up this year. It has been a topic of discussion here and other places for weeks. (I don’t even own property and I knew it.) You got taken by surprise and went on the attack, demanding an explanation for having to pay an extra $80 USD for the year on what I am guessing is a nice house in a lovely neighborhood.
So, yes, I think you were acting entitled and whiny.

'Multiple exclamation marks,' he went on, shaking his head, 'are a sure sign of a diseased mind.'
Terry Pratchett
ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down