INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOCACCIA ~ pizza on the Mezcala highway

+3
borderreiver
hockables
lunateak
7 posters

Go down

FOCACCIA ~ pizza on the Mezcala highway Empty FOCACCIA ~ pizza on the Mezcala highway

Post by lunateak Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:28 am

Another food adventure awaits those willing to go where no one has gone before....Okay, a little over the top but for those willing to travel about 5 miles from Chapala and drive towards San Juan Tecomatlan a funky little pizza and pasta oasis awaits.

Focaccia Restaurante Italiano makes wonderful wood-fired pizzas, marvelous pastas and it's conveniently located right on the Chapala-Mezcala Highway.
Open Mon-Sat 12pm-10pm, Sundays 12pm-8pm and closed on Tuesdays.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

FOCACCIA ~ pizza on the Mezcala highway Empty Re: FOCACCIA ~ pizza on the Mezcala highway

Post by Guest Thu May 13, 2010 2:31 pm

I have been there with friends who lived in San Nicholas. The food is good and it was great fun, but you are sitting right on the highway, I mean less than 10 feet, if you eat outside and the exhaust fumes are killer, not to mention the high speed of the traffic at that point, as there is nothing else around. Eat inside, it gives you a few more feet of space and a better false sense of security, but it is a wonderfully, truly Mexican experience. Funky is right, luna. We had to wait for our pizzas while the owner ran to the store to get the ingredients. Good fun. Zoey

Back to top Go down

FOCACCIA ~ pizza on the Mezcala highway Empty Re: FOCACCIA ~ pizza on the Mezcala highway

Post by hockables Thu May 13, 2010 2:53 pm

Focaccia Restaurante Italiano makes wonderful wood-fired pizzas, marvelous pastas and it's conveniently located right on the Chapala-Mezcala Highway.
Open Mon-Sat 12pm-10pm, Sundays 12pm-8pm and closed on Tuesdays

The first time, many years ago, that I'd seen Focaccia Bread, Olive Oil & Balsamic
Vinegar, I didn't think I would like it; in fact, I was reluctant to even try it.
Today... it's probably one of the things I look forward to the most, when I think of a good Italian joint..." Wood fired pizza " Focaccia Bread, Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar...

Hell... I'm gettin hungry just thinking about it!!
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Wed May 02, 2012 12:37 am

Re my new "Pizza, Pizza, Pizza" post. I have not tried their pizza but will. Their lasagna rocks. They're sweet people.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed May 02, 2012 9:26 am

lunateak - Thanks a lot. From your post now everyone knows about this little gem, so plan on waiting in line, next time you go. Even though it's as good as people say, I don't wait in lines anywhere, especially in Mexico. There are no restaurants here worth waiting in line for, not even Tango, although their owners think so.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:29 pm

John!
Thanks for not going to one of my favorites. You would just take up too much space and time from my enjoyment.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:50 pm

Always fun to drag up a post from over two years ago. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:10 pm

Yeah, but as long as it did get drug up, they make great pizza and so-so pasta... and their $25 peso margaritas are the best price anywhere... for the price.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:32 pm

IMO funky place, so so food and fun to dodge the traffic as they round that curve headed right to your table.
When are they moving up the mountainside to safer surroundings? chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Traveller Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:02 pm

I love their gnocci with alfredo sauce. Yummy. And the decor is fascinating. Love looking at the old photos and funky art! I wouldn't go there every week - but for a special treat or when we have visitors from NOB - yes!
Traveller
Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down