INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calculate pesos to dollars in your head

+5
CanuckBob
zenwoodle
David
slainte39
annied
9 posters

Go down

Calculate pesos to dollars in your head Empty Calculate pesos to dollars in your head

Post by annied Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:33 pm

Do you have a quick way to calculate pesos to dollars while you are out and about? I'm thinking a small calculator in my purse might be best until I get the hang of it. Do you forget about dollars after a while and just think in pesos?
annied
annied

Humor : Easily amused

Back to top Go down

Calculate pesos to dollars in your head Empty Re: Calculate pesos to dollars in your head

Post by annied Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:07 pm

Ok I think I've got it. $10.00 is approximately 150 pesos and work from there.
annied
annied

Humor : Easily amused

Back to top Go down

Calculate pesos to dollars in your head Empty Re: Calculate pesos to dollars in your head

Post by slainte39 Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:36 pm

annied wrote:Do you forget about dollars after a while and just think in pesos?

Especially, if you don't have any dollars.   lol!

Seriously, your second post is spot on for people thinking in US dollars.....right now.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:41 pm

Think in Peso only!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:23 pm

It may take a while for you to adjust, but it is best to learn to think in pesos IMO.
We are in Mexico after all. Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:52 am

Another simple way (for the current exchange rate) is to muliply the peso price by 2/3 or .66, then move the dicimal point to the left, e.g. 1500 pesos = ~$100
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:56 am

I find thinking in pesos is like trying to think in metric. Canada converted from imperial to metric when I was 10 years old and I still convert to imperial in my head. When someone says 3 meters I think 10 feet......jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:10 am

Same for me, I think in feet and inches: e.g. a meter is a yard + 10%! Unfortunately there's no easy way for the inch, 2.54cm, sheesh! So 6 inches is about 15cm mas or menos.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:02 am

hahahahahahahahaha

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by BMW Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:26 pm

Would be easy to think in pesos all the time if my income was in pesos.  However when my bank deposit comes in, it's in CAD $$ so I still need to do the math.
BMW
BMW

Humor : Love people who can make me laugh even when I'm sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:13 pm

BMW wrote:Would be easy to think in pesos all the time if my income was in pesos.  However when my bank deposit comes in, it's in CAD $$ so I still need to do the math.
why? my income is in cdn $'s and i deal in pesos and pesos only every day and don't bother with any "math". i get the same amount out of the atm every time except when buying something big like the car i am about to buy. so i have to go to the atm 4 times and it's done.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BMW Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:45 pm

Easy peasy! Right! No problemo!
BMW
BMW

Humor : Love people who can make me laugh even when I'm sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:30 pm

BMW wrote:Easy peasy!  Right!  No problemo!
yes it is-no problem[A}
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by juanrey Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:32 pm

You'll adjust to pesos, it's just a matter of time. The number on the bill you are presented at a store or a restaurant will use the same numbering system as the bills that you are carrying in your purse, so it is easy.

The problem you are encountering is the intellectual curiosity of how much would that have cost me in USD. Which most of the time irrelevant since you know you are paying less than you would have NOB.
juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : George Carlin

https://sites.google.com/site/ouradventureinchapala/

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:44 pm

juanrey wrote:The problem you are encountering is the intellectual curiosity of how much would that have cost me in USD.  Which most of the time irrelevant since you know you are paying less than you would have NOB.
Exactly. Beer Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:22 pm

Some folks (full time ex-pat residents) just seem to keep one financial foot in Mexico and the other in the country where they came from. That's OK if you have foreign income/pensions of some sort, but for day to day living and budgeting you need to think pesos to get a real sense of values. Translating back into some foreign currency is an exercise in futility, unless you are short term tourist y/o up to and including six month "birds".

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down