INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In I.E. Yahoo search keeps hijacking my google search.

4 posters

Go down

In I.E. Yahoo search keeps hijacking my google search. Empty In I.E. Yahoo search keeps hijacking my google search.

Post by Clueless Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:34 pm

I have been fighting this for quite some time; searched the web and no one has a answer.

I have my H.P set to yahoo news.

There is a Google search bar above and to the left of the Yahoo search bar.

Almost every time I start putting a query into the Google search, it will take a word or two and then jump into the Yahoo search bar. If I go back to the Google search bar and continue, then it stays in Google. Of course sometimes I have typed a few words in Google and don't know the cursor has jumped to Yahoo search.

It's not a major issue, just terribly frustrating.

Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

In I.E. Yahoo search keeps hijacking my google search. Empty Re: In I.E. Yahoo search keeps hijacking my google search.

Post by Woody Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:14 pm

Clueless : Which rev of IE are you using ?

Try this : "Right side of address bar there is small search box,click on y sign and change to Google.. For each search provider you add, a button is displayed in the drop-down list from the Address bar. This makes switching between providers during a browsing session easy and fast. All you have to do is click a button to switch your search to that provider. To change your default provider, remove a provider, switch the order of the buttons in the search box, or see what other management options are available, click the Tools menu, click Manage Add-ons, and then, under Add-on Types, click Search Providers."
Woody
Woody
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Satire

Back to top Go down

In I.E. Yahoo search keeps hijacking my google search. Empty Re: In I.E. Yahoo search keeps hijacking my google search.

Post by sparks Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:59 am

Try Chrome
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:25 am

when that happened to me in firefox,i went to the search thingy to the right and got rid of all the other search engines that were listed and just left google up as default. no mas problema
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Woody Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:58 am

sparks wrote:Try Chrome

Agree Sparks .. I like Chrome and ditched IE a while back.
Woody
Woody
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Satire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down