INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Serviceable and repairable cars ....

+3
conejorapido
CanuckBob
SLDavis
7 posters

Go down

Serviceable and repairable cars .... Empty Serviceable and repairable cars ....

Post by SLDavis Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:30 am

Are most all makes and models of 21st century cars repairable and serviceable in the Lake Chapala area? If I come temporarily with a U.S. Plated car I want to know I can have it taken care of.

SLDavis

Back to top Go down

Serviceable and repairable cars .... Empty Re: Serviceable and repairable cars ....

Post by CanuckBob Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:34 am

Well that is a pretty broad scope. You may have problems servicing your Lamborghini, McLaren or Ferrari in this area. If you stick with Ford, GMC, Chrysler, Nissan Toyota, Mazda or any of the other mainstream vehicles then I would say yes, no problem at all. Hybrids and exotics not so much......
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Serviceable and repairable cars .... Empty Re: Serviceable and repairable cars ....

Post by SLDavis Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:38 am

Good point. I'm not a Hybrid or exotic car kind of person. Specifically I'm thinking Chevy Cobalt or Hyundai Tucson.

SLDavis

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:04 am

I don't think either of those would present any problems with servicing or repairs.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SLDavis Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:49 am

Ahhhhh. Good. Thx!!

SLDavis

Back to top Go down

Post by conejorapido Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:38 am

Although Hyundai is present in Mexico, the Tucson is not sold here. So if you are in a situation where you need parts, you might have to wait a while.

conejorapido
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:38 am

The Hyundai Tucson and the "Mexican" Hyundai iX35 are almost identical. I would imagine they share most of the same parts.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SLDavis Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:01 am

Thanks everyone. I'm leaning towards the Hyundai. It will hold more "stuff."

SLDavis

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:27 am

I would NOT buy a car that is not sold in Mexico.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by SLDavis Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:47 am

Dave, I already have these cars and I'm not moving to MX permanently YET. If I decide to stay permanently then I will sell my US car and buy a MX car. I'm learning. :-)

SLDavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Gal Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:33 pm

We had a 2002 Hyundai XG350 when we moved down here in 2005. We had it serviced at Francisco's Automotive repair. However, we would order the parts required from Rock Auto in the U.S. and they arrived by courier in a timely manner. Sometimes if the part was small we would purchase the part at the Hyundai dealer when we were visiting family in Canada. Those parts were more expensive than ordering it online from Rock Auto. Hope that helps.

We drove it to Canada in 2012 when we became permanent citizens and purchased a Mexican SUV. Much better than the sedan when driving on the tope-filled roads.

Irish Gal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SLDavis Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:45 pm

Thanks I. G. I will file all this info away for possible future use.

SLDavis

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:53 pm

David wrote:I would NOT buy a car that is not sold in Mexico.

I had a Pontiac Montana here for 3 years. Not only were they not sold in Mexico but Pontiac went belly up a few years ago. I had no problem at all getting parts and service locally. From air conditioning parts to wheels bearings, radiator, engine parts, interior parts, etc. This van had over 340,000 kms on it when we got rid of it last week.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by windrider17 Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:17 pm

Hyundai now has at least two dealerships in Guad.

windrider17
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Warped

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Gal Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 am

windrider17 : Aren't they just selling the Hyundai Atos model?

Irish Gal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by windrider17 Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:04 am

Irish Gal. Don't think so, my insurance agent just bought his wife a Santa Fe. You sign up, get a number and when the truck arrives you pick in the order of your #. Big demand. She picked a Santa Fe. Other models on the truck.

windrider17
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Warped

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Gal Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:10 pm

That's good to know there is another model available. Would be good on the tope-filled roads here.

Irish Gal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:25 am

Irish Gal wrote:windrider17 :   Aren't they just selling the Hyundai Atos model?

Older car is Atos. New one is called i10 I think. We had it for a rental in Cancun. Much nicer car than Atos. Drove like a more modern car even with the air on and four people.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down