INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My car is finally Mexican

+31
Halfglass
Lady Otter Latté
addtocart
Playaboy
Smartalex
Gamina
solajijic
arbon
CanuckBob
ltollefs
hank chance
slainte39
viajero
raqueteer
CheenaGringo
Jim W
Parker
Hensley
Rolly
oncesubtle
papirex
gringal
ferret
Carry Bean
hound dog
hockables
martygraw
johninajijic
Solovino
bimini6
Intercasa
35 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

My car is finally Mexican - Page 2 Empty Re: My car is finally Mexican

Post by ferret Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:51 pm

hound dog wrote:[quote="ferretI totally agree with you Dawg. It irritates the hell out of me that people drive NOB cars with outdated license plates and crow about it.

Tell me, ferret, do you suppose there is at least the possibility that these "carpetbaggers" who infest our Lake Chapala shores as those carpetbaggers who poured into Atlanta and New Orleans and Mobile after the Civil War, came here for indirect pecuniary gain? Are these the same redux-adolescent goobers who find it deplorable for some to take the INAPAM bus fare concession while benefitting from an overall substantial discount in the cost of living by pretending to migrate to Mexico under extended FM-3 tourist visas and inwardly deploring the inconveniences imposed by an unaccustomed culture? These same people who drive around Lakeside with expired U.S. or current South Dakota plates issued by a corrupt state agent in Clay County, S.D. and complain about corruption in Mexico while pumping their own tangential local status with phony papers as dishonest and less productive than the campesino cleaning toilets in a WalMart in Des Moines with a phony visa or no papers at all.

Hypocrites to the core. [/quote]

You should copy that and keep it somewhere safe Dawg. That's damn fine writin'.

ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:10 pm

I think we all should copy and keep it ferret. Matter of fact I wish I would have had a copy the other day to give to some fat old bag who was loudly lambasting the staff at Telecable because she could not understand them. Maybe I'll print some and start passing them out like religious tracts, start a new religion ... that's it, how about Pope Bubba the first as Patron?
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:52 pm

IMO, we have enough work keeping our own noses clean before tsk tsking about what other people are doing.

Re Rex and the "tenencia". I misspoke on that one. I realize that there are yearly fees that must be paid forever, and that the 10 year tax is another matter. There are fees everywhere attached to driving vehicles and I don't object to paying my own.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:46 pm

oncesubtle wrote:I think we all should copy and keep it ferret. Matter of fact I wish I would have had a copy the other day to give to some fat old bag who was loudly lambasting the staff at Telecable because she could not understand them. Maybe I'll print some and start passing them out like religious tracts, start a new religion ... that's it, how about Pope Bubba the first as Patron?

Pope Bubba 1st thanks you oncesubtle my son (daughter?) not only for your unquestioned adoration but for your clearly superior discernment.

However, I must take exception to your having inferred that I, The Dawg, am somehow connected to the disgraced "Bubba" who was ridden out of town on a rail circa 2004 by the powers-that-be at Mexico Connect after having posted one-too-many "learned" messages on their forums (ostentatiously referred to as "fora" by the then head crone over there since excised in disgrace) construed by management thereabouts as flatulent posturing by some overreaching swamp bunny from the U.S. Gulf Coastal Plain only to have been re-invited to participate somewhere around 2008 but only if under another nom-de-intenet in no way connected to the disreputable "Bubba" upon which invitation to rejoin the family of fellow morons spouting babble, Bubba, all abuzz and filled with self-pride at having been considered worthy of rejoining others of likewise modest achievement changed his (my) name to Hound Dog and was readily accepted back in the fold until I took on one of the moderators over there whose exquisitely crafted phony meanderings had caused me conniption fits as she bragged ad nauseum about mediocre Mexican regional cuisine of limited merit and I´m a sumbitch if, after I pursued that line of thought for a while, they did not summarily kick me off again. This time, I can assure you, for the duration.

Over the years I was their most prolific poster but that was simply because I was in an onanistic frame of mind fueled by the playing of word games.

That was exhausting.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:09 pm

hound dog wrote: Pope Bubba 1st thanks you oncesubtle my son (daughter?) not only for your unquestioned adoration but for your clearly superior discernment.

Why thank you hound dog, I'm not sure about the unquestioned adoration part but appreciate the 'clearly superior discernment' as your rant was appreciated. I went with Pope Bubba because Pope Dawg had no ring to it and wouldn't inspire a southern following as would Pope Bubba l. And you can call me son but you are now communicating with me, Xoprotplxc, a former prostitute for the Olmec priesthood and the long forgotten creator of mole as I'm channeling through a rotund Neanderthal living in Chapala. With that in mind, I thank you for your righteous indignation of those who would take advantage of my people. It is appreciated and as a token I offer you a previously unknown historic sidelight; the term Holy Mole came about after a high priest stole my mole recipe and started using it in religious feasts, and it went downhill from there when they started using it liberally in the ritual orgies where a most descriptive verb was added. Sadly the mole of today is lacking the coca leaves, magic mushrooms and aphrodisiacal sap of the IxxxI tree but tasty still.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:23 pm

Very Happy
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:32 am

Intercasa, what year is your car as it doesn't look 10 years old?
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:10 am

It is a 2003, 8 years old.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:44 pm

Intercasa wrote:Process wasn't too bad. Paid over $21,000 pesos (importation, not driving to border, taxes, plates, smog check, permission to drive on the street while stuff was in process and required vehicle verification) but got it done pretty painlessly EXCEPT getting in line at 5.20am this morning to finish the process and not leaving the outer limits of Guad until noon.

My car is finally Mexican - Page 2 14042011036

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:12 pm

Remember, here in Mexico knowing the right people and paying a little extra you can avoid hassles, lines and even times long drives.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:49 am

I believe something some of us are forgetting is that the “ugly & kind “gringos”” are bringing thousands of their dollars into this economy. Not paying a few dollars for car plates compared to promoting temporary migrants and their $$$ seems like economic common sense to me. No? IMHO Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:38 pm

Beer The reason we haven't purchased a Mexican Plated vehicle...is insurance cost. I pay $350.00 USD, for full coverage, including rental vehicle coverage, during repair. Cost for Mexican plated is 3 times that.....as most Mexican drivers are not insured. Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:35 pm

Actually I ended up paying about 1,500 pesos more for same coverage, had to make lots of calls but found a good Mx insurer in Guad.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:39 pm

Spencer, My understanding is that rental car coverage in the event of accident is not available on Mexican plated vehicles....Is this correct?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:40 pm

Jim W wrote:Spencer, My understanding is that rental car coverage in the event of accident is not available on Mexican plated vehicles....Is this correct?

The last time I rented a car from PV... they attached an Insurance Bill to the Rental that was close to 400% the rental rate... I'm sure it covered something :(
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:37 pm

Hocks, I'm talking about accident involving personal foreign plated car. I've been involved in 2 accidents over the past 6 years....repair was covered...it took 8 weeks for repair....I didn't have rental coverage in that one....2nd accident insurance had to provide rental car....It took one week...as insurance company moved quickly with GDL auto body.

I was going to get Mexico based auto insurance for my car @ Parker Ins., but they advised I could not get rental car coverage...unless I purchased NOB for my car. Beer Smokealot
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:42 pm

Oppps.... my bad... I understand now...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:39 pm

In previous years, when driving our NM plated vehicle into Mexico, we used either http://www.mexadventure.com/ or purchased our insurance through the Costco Insurance site. I happen to be a real believer in CYA and choosing a policy strictly based upon cost wasn't in the cards. i always opted for the Platinum Policy or whatever fancy name was applied to a policy with low deductibles, high personal injury provisions, roadside assistance, replacement rental car in the event of a disabling of our vehicle, MedeVac coverage, and a bunch of other ancillary coverages.

Don't get me started about the rental car cartels at GDL as I plan to writeup another post on that topic!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:13 pm

So, if I get inmigrado status, which I'm seriously hoping to do, how much would it be to import my rarely used 1996 Nissan Maxima? I don't think it's actually worth a whole lot more than that.
The other car is Mexican plated.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:59 pm

raqueteer wrote:So, if I get inmigrado status, which I'm seriously hoping to do, how much would it be to import my rarely used 1996 Nissan Maxima? I don't think it's actually worth a whole lot more than that.
The other car is Mexican plated.

Two alternatives.

Since you won't be bringing in another vehicle, sell it.

Or

depending on its worth vs cost of nationaizing, drive it with the risk it may one day may be confiscated.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:10 pm

You may want to wait to see the new laws as inmigrado as we know it won´t exist and they may allow foreign plated cars under the future equivalent of inmigrado as they have a category for retirees.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:50 pm

Thanks for the info, I was planning on tarting the thing up, worst looking car lakeside and there's no contest on that. Guess I'll wait and see, no point in wasting dinero prematurely.
If I sell it, it might be worth some cosmetic work. The car runs like a dream.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:11 pm

Intercasa wrote:Remember, here in Mexico knowing the right people and paying a little extra you can avoid hassles, lines and even times long drives.
Hmmm.
A couple of weeks ago I asked you on tob if you had had your car nationalized at the border and you said that yes it had been nationalized at the border.
But apparently that wasn't the case..

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:35 pm

Well, at least he said....the RIGHT people.... lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:40 pm

Too often the right people can easily turn into the wrong people
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hank chance Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:44 pm

my question is, if the law states that vehicles can ONLY be nationalized at the northern border, where the vehicle must be presented to Mexican Customs to be inspected, how can one honestly say the car was legally imported?

Sure, it may show on the REPUVE website, but that only proves you got away with something.

hank chance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next