INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My car is finally Mexican

+31
Halfglass
Lady Otter Latté
addtocart
Playaboy
Smartalex
Gamina
solajijic
arbon
CanuckBob
ltollefs
hank chance
slainte39
viajero
raqueteer
CheenaGringo
Jim W
Parker
Hensley
Rolly
oncesubtle
papirex
gringal
ferret
Carry Bean
hound dog
hockables
martygraw
johninajijic
Solovino
bimini6
Intercasa
35 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

My car is finally Mexican - Page 2 Empty Re: My car is finally Mexican

Post by Jim W Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:37 pm

Hocks, I'm talking about accident involving personal foreign plated car. I've been involved in 2 accidents over the past 6 years....repair was covered...it took 8 weeks for repair....I didn't have rental coverage in that one....2nd accident insurance had to provide rental car....It took one week...as insurance company moved quickly with GDL auto body.

I was going to get Mexico based auto insurance for my car @ Parker Ins., but they advised I could not get rental car coverage...unless I purchased NOB for my car. Beer Smokealot

Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:42 pm

Oppps.... my bad... I understand now...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:39 pm

In previous years, when driving our NM plated vehicle into Mexico, we used either http://www.mexadventure.com/ or purchased our insurance through the Costco Insurance site. I happen to be a real believer in CYA and choosing a policy strictly based upon cost wasn't in the cards. i always opted for the Platinum Policy or whatever fancy name was applied to a policy with low deductibles, high personal injury provisions, roadside assistance, replacement rental car in the event of a disabling of our vehicle, MedeVac coverage, and a bunch of other ancillary coverages.

Don't get me started about the rental car cartels at GDL as I plan to writeup another post on that topic!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:13 am

So, if I get inmigrado status, which I'm seriously hoping to do, how much would it be to import my rarely used 1996 Nissan Maxima? I don't think it's actually worth a whole lot more than that.
The other car is Mexican plated.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:59 am

raqueteer wrote:So, if I get inmigrado status, which I'm seriously hoping to do, how much would it be to import my rarely used 1996 Nissan Maxima? I don't think it's actually worth a whole lot more than that.
The other car is Mexican plated.

Two alternatives.

Since you won't be bringing in another vehicle, sell it.

Or

depending on its worth vs cost of nationaizing, drive it with the risk it may one day may be confiscated.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:10 pm

You may want to wait to see the new laws as inmigrado as we know it won´t exist and they may allow foreign plated cars under the future equivalent of inmigrado as they have a category for retirees.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:50 pm

Thanks for the info, I was planning on tarting the thing up, worst looking car lakeside and there's no contest on that. Guess I'll wait and see, no point in wasting dinero prematurely.
If I sell it, it might be worth some cosmetic work. The car runs like a dream.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:11 pm

Intercasa wrote:Remember, here in Mexico knowing the right people and paying a little extra you can avoid hassles, lines and even times long drives.
Hmmm.
A couple of weeks ago I asked you on tob if you had had your car nationalized at the border and you said that yes it had been nationalized at the border.
But apparently that wasn't the case..

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:35 pm

Well, at least he said....the RIGHT people.... lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:40 pm

Too often the right people can easily turn into the wrong people
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hank chance Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:44 pm

my question is, if the law states that vehicles can ONLY be nationalized at the northern border, where the vehicle must be presented to Mexican Customs to be inspected, how can one honestly say the car was legally imported?

Sure, it may show on the REPUVE website, but that only proves you got away with something.

hank chance

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:14 pm

Intercasa wrote:Too often the right people can easily turn into the wrong people
Who are the "right people",the ones that you can bribe?
Questionable ethics to say the least but I guess that goes with the territory,just don't whine about how corrupt Mexico is when you're contributing to and profiting from that same corruption.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:12 pm

Nationalization was done three ways at the very least, rural / farm programs, at the border and with amparos. There are exceptions to the law if a court modifies it with an order, hence the amparos, or the government has specials programs such as the farm / agrarian stuff.

SATs rules for nationalizing require a smog check from a border station and the car to be exported from the US. The amparos have been canceled and I do not know the ins and outs or status of the farm programs. It really isnt that simple although the loopholes have closed.

I paid what the brokers quoted and paid much less than people are paying now and got real papers which are in the system. Who did I bribe? I shopped quotes from brokers, was given one price for driving up north and another to not do it if I had certain documents to fit their amparo. I dont want or need problems, I am too busy trying to solve others problems and do not want to be involved with bribes as that says something is wrong and sooner or later things can come back and haunt you.

With what I know now, it is very scary out there.

As fas as REPUVE goes I brought the car for validation where they have the PGR and other governmental agencies physically inspect the vehicle and check all papers and if something isnt right, the car is impounded and the person is detained, I have fought to release people and their cars from detention so my freedom speaks to the authenticity of my documents.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hank chance Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:27 pm

Intercasa wrote:Nationalization was done three ways at the very least, rural / farm programs, at the border and with amparos.  There are exceptions to the law if a court modifies it with an order, hence the amparos, or the government has specials programs such as the farm / agrarian stuff.  

SATs rules for nationalizing require a smog check from a border station and the car to be exported from the US.  The amparos have been canceled and I do not know the ins and outs or status of the farm programs.  It really isnt that simple although the loopholes have closed.

I paid what the brokers quoted and paid much less than people are paying now and got real papers which are in the system.  Who did I bribe?  I shopped quotes from brokers, was given one price for driving up north and another to not do it if I had certain documents to fit their amparo.  I dont want or need problems, I am too busy trying to solve others problems and do not want to be involved with bribes as that says something is wrong and sooner or later things can come back and haunt you.

With what I know now, it is very scary out there.  

As fas as REPUVE goes I brought the car for validation where they have the PGR and other governmental agencies physically inspect the vehicle and check all papers and if something isnt right, the car is impounded and the person is detained, I have fought to release people and their cars from detention so my freedom speaks to the authenticity of my documents.  

The amparos were issued for vehicles at points of entry at the border. Not for vehicles that had already been temporarily imported and were present inside the country. If your story was true then you wouldn't have needed to know the "right" people. You received a legitimate pedimento issued at the border that was obtained fraudulently. The Jalisco state inspectors would accept it, no questions asked.

hank chance

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:28 pm

Sonia, from San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, has posted on boards that you seem to be in  accordance with her nationalizations through the rural/ farm programs for campesinos, being also valid for retired foreigners living in Jalisco.
What do you say?, as she could say anything, and attribute it to you.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:16 am

So far, from information posted on TOB and here, I gather that some interesting pathways to nationalization were used in the past to result in legitimate results, and that one Gary was running a scam for personal enrichment which is resulting in big trouble for many people who used his services. Shame on him and may he rot in Chile or be brought to justice here.

Meanwhile, here in Jalisco, what options are open at present to people who want to nationalize their cars, both those starting from scratch and those who were victims of scams?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:23 am

We are investigating what are the realistic options for victims to prosecute those who did wrong and to see what money recovery options are available as well as to avoid problems. We have been talking to SAT, Aduana, PGR and other agencies.

This whole thing started when someone came to replace a lost / stolen license plate then we found that they never went to vehicle validation and their car was in no computer system and would be seized if they went to the validation inspection, the same thing that can happen to many.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ltollefs Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:33 am

hound dog wrote:[quote="ferretI totally agree with you Dawg. It irritates the hell out of me that people drive NOB cars with outdated license plates and crow about it.

Tell me, ferret, do you suppose there is at least the possibility that these "carpetbaggers" who  infest our Lake Chapala  shores as those carpetbaggers who poured into Atlanta and New Orleans and Mobile after the Civil War, came here for indirect pecuniary gain? Are these the same redux-adolescent goobers who find it deplorable for some to take the INAPAM bus fare concession while benefitting from an overall substantial discount in the cost of living  by pretending to migrate to Mexico under extended FM-3 tourist visas and inwardly deploring the inconveniences imposed by an unaccustomed culture?  These same people who drive around Lakeside with expired U.S. or current South Dakota plates issued by a corrupt state agent in Clay County, S.D. and complain about corruption in Mexico while pumping their own tangential  local status with phony papers as dishonest and less productive than the campesino cleaning toilets in a WalMart in Des Moines with a phony visa or no papers at all.  

Hypocrites to the core.  [/quote]

I sense you have something on your mind. Care to share?

BTW, +1
ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:06 am

Good luck with the money recovery.
Gary Keeler would be a prime candidate for an "ajuste de cuentas" if he pulled this shit on people in Guadalajara.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:10 am

ltollefs wrote:
hound dog wrote:[quote="ferretI totally agree with you Dawg. It irritates the hell out of me that people drive NOB cars with outdated license plates and crow about it.

Tell me, ferret, do you suppose there is at least the possibility that these "carpetbaggers" who  infest our Lake Chapala  shores as those carpetbaggers who poured into Atlanta and New Orleans and Mobile after the Civil War, came here for indirect pecuniary gain? Are these the same redux-adolescent goobers who find it deplorable for some to take the INAPAM bus fare concession while benefitting from an overall substantial discount in the cost of living  by pretending to migrate to Mexico under extended FM-3 tourist visas and inwardly deploring the inconveniences imposed by an unaccustomed culture?  These same people who drive around Lakeside with expired U.S. or current South Dakota plates issued by a corrupt state agent in Clay County, S.D. and complain about corruption in Mexico while pumping their own tangential  local status with phony papers as dishonest and less productive than the campesino cleaning toilets in a WalMart in Des Moines with a phony visa or no papers at all.  

Hypocrites to the core.  
[i]

Ahhhh......you are commenting on a post made 5 years ago by a member who hasn't posted here in quite some time.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:31 am

CanuckBob wrote:
ltollefs wrote:

Hypocrites to the core.  
[i]

Ahhhh......you are commenting on a post made 5 years ago by a member who hasn't posted here in quite some time.

Huh, you think that bridget has spell check on sometimes.
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:05 pm

Des Moines and Ouagadougou are going to start showing up again...Dawg.

As for the vehicle issues I can't imagine anyone will see any cash and I would be just sick to have to pay for something like that twice.

As for Clay county South Dakota their ability to issue plates to otherwise transient vehicles is statutory. So there isn't someone there just deciding to do the licensure for us.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:49 pm

Interesting that on TOB someone who's known Gary for 10 years claims that the notion of his moving to Chile is sheer rumor mongering and that he (Gary) doesn't think he's done anything wrong or illegal. We all need friends, I guess.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:52 pm

Gringal--you are stirring a pot that doesn't need more stirring. I am no longer a friend of Gary's as I explained on TOB. And asked that people think about how we who were Gary's friends must feel to be stabbed in the back like we were. For us, it's more than a matter of money.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:57 pm

Gamina wrote:Gringal--you are stirring a pot that doesn't need more stirring.  I am no longer a friend of Gary's as I explained on TOB.  And asked that people think about how we who were Gary's friends must feel to be stabbed in the back like we were.  For us, it's more than a matter of money.

Gamina, I don't intend to stir a pot unnecessarily. I'm curious, that's all, and would like to hear the facts since the reports are so conflicting. I can well understand how his former friends who were defrauded must feel. I, too, was a victim of a very skilled con artist in the past. One never sees them coming and the sense of betrayal is profound. I hope this is sorted legally and soon.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:01 pm

OK, I accept what you are saying and sorry I was so harsh on TOB. I just get so blessed tired of people poking their ignorant noses in and saying things that aren't even close to being true and it just keeps things stirred up and people angry when we really need to calm down and let things flow naturally.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next