INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiFi Port Forwarding using a Telmex WiFi Router Help..

3 posters

Go down

WiFi Port Forwarding using a Telmex WiFi Router Help.. Empty WiFi Port Forwarding using a Telmex WiFi Router Help..

Post by Dee Blues Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:04 pm

Hola out there!!

I'm trying to set up a port forward address for an IP security camera on my Telmex Hg532e wireless router.  Normally this would not be a great challenge for me, but the system setups and configurations for the router are all in Spanish (technical Spanish).  I'm just wondering if anyone out there has performed this feat before with a WiFi router here?  If you have, and were successful at it, please respond to this post - I could certainly use the help and assistance.   I tried the Telmex tech support (asking for English), but keep getting dropped or Spanish assistance only...  Yeah Yeah, I know... I need to speak Spanish..

Anyway, if anyone out there can help, I'd greatly appreciate it!!!    Gracias...
Dee Blues
Dee Blues

Back to top Go down

WiFi Port Forwarding using a Telmex WiFi Router Help.. Empty Re: WiFi Port Forwarding using a Telmex WiFi Router Help..

Post by sparks Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:52 am

I found Portforward very good for instructions.  Look by modem brand and model

http://portforward.com/

What are you going to do about a Dynamic address or will Telmex give you a Static.  I used DynDNS to resolve but it requires a client running on your computer.  It was free a few years ago
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

WiFi Port Forwarding using a Telmex WiFi Router Help.. Empty Re: WiFi Port Forwarding using a Telmex WiFi Router Help..

Post by Dee Blues Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:52 am

Thanks Sparks for responding to my inquiry. I found an explanation video in Spanish and I found one in English. I ran the 2 side by side and translated the results and finally understood the config fields in Spanish. It's working now! I assigned the camera a fixed IP so I wouldn't have to deal with dynamic address assignments. The camera has a secure web page so I assigned it an HTTPS portal for access from the outside world. Thanks again for your support, I really appreciate it!!!
Dee Blues
Dee Blues

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:56 pm

You can give the camera a fixed IP inside your network but the outside IP of the router is gong to be dynamic unless Telmex gives you a static
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

WiFi Port Forwarding using a Telmex WiFi Router Help.. Empty Port Forwarding for an Insteon IP Camera

Post by Dee Blues Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:44 pm

[quote="sparks"]You can give the camera a fixed IP inside your network but the outside IP of the router is gong to be dynamic unless Telmex gives you a static[/quote]

Sparks,

The camera I have contains a DDNS service within the camera itself. If the IPS renews their outside IP, the internal DDNS service tracks and modifies the IP for the NAT accordingly and thereby keeps the same communication routing to the IP camera for remote viewing. Not bad for a $78USD purchase.. Hope this helps with your question..
Dee Blues
Dee Blues

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:34 pm

Would be interested in knowing the brand and model that can do that ...... and you pay no yearly service fees?
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tekno Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:50 pm

Caution with this......

MOST telmex modems will reset after a few months and lose their configuration .

My recommendation......
Dlink Cloud router (with free dlink ddns account)
Bridge mode modem (this is not a telmex modem in bridge mode as it will eventually reset)

One of my cheap chinese cameras will use noip.com fopr dynamic DNS and it is free. Dlinkddns is better though. Too many hackers scan the fee ddns services looking for attack targets

tekno

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down