INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adelita's new requirement to get Tuesday rib special

+4
solajijic
RVGRINGO
newinajijic
sm1mex
8 posters

Go down

Adelita's new requirement to get Tuesday rib special Empty Adelita's new requirement to get Tuesday rib special

Post by sm1mex Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:30 pm

In order to get the discount for ribs on Tuesday, you are now required to purchase a drink. A server told us this today.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Adelita's new requirement to get Tuesday rib special Empty Re: Adelita's new requirement to get Tuesday rib special

Post by newinajijic Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:21 pm

is it possible someone would not order a drink with their meal, just water. the ribs are such a good value, don't cheap out folks

newinajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Adelita's new requirement to get Tuesday rib special Empty Re: Adelita's new requirement to get Tuesday rib special

Post by RVGRINGO Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:55 am

If they advertise the special being available with the purchase of a drink; I see no problem.
If they just advertise the special and then surprise you with the requirement to buy a drink, that is a scam. I would get up and leave; letting them know that entrapment is going to cost them business.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:11 pm

Drink minimums are not so unusual anymore, especially when combined with food special event nights or even special entertaiment events. Iwould almost prefer that qualification tothe evening than a cover charge.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by newinajijic Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:45 pm

What is the big deal about having a drink with your dinner, it is only a few pesos, and does not have to be alcoholic.

newinajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:23 pm

It should be the customer‘s choice. I drink coffee or water in restaurants, nada mas.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:24 pm

The lunch 1/2 rack ribs are 95 pesos. The lunch special is 89 pesos, a 6 peso discount but you have to buy a drink for 20 pesos or more, depending on the drink, to get the 6 pesos discount. You can buy sugar, caffeine, or alcohol drink. Wine is 45 pesos and up.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:27 am

I think RVGRINGO is talking about the principle of the thing and not the few pesos difference.

IMO, advertisements should should include all conditions, limitations, etc.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:34 am

I am going to Adelita's and ordering a plate of ribs on whatever day I feel like eating some of those delicious meaty morsels. I will order the special if it seems like a good deal to me and off the regular menu if it does not. I will enjoy the ribs as much as I always do. Adelita's will continue offering their special as long as it is working for them. They will stop when or if it no longer is an effective promotion.
In the meantime, I refer the champions of justice on this and TOB to the many instances of injustice locally to which they can turn their energy and outrage.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:52 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:I am going to Adelita's and ordering a plate of ribs on whatever day I feel like eating some of those delicious meaty morsels.  I will order the special if it seems like a good deal to me and off the regular menu if it does not. I will enjoy the ribs as much as I always do. Adelita's will continue offering their special as long as it is working for them. They will stop when or if it no longer is an effective promotion.
In the meantime, I refer the champions of justice on this and TOB to the many instances of injustice locally to which they can turn their energy and outrage.

Well put. When I was a kid and cried out "BUT IT'S NOT FAIR" regarding any of life's injustices,  my blunt dad always said "who ever told you it was going to be fair?" .  That's about it, and there's no Santa Claus, either.  If they give me a glass of water with the meal, I appreciate it as a gesture of hospitality.  If they don't, I'll buy the bottle.  BFD.

I like a relaxing atmosphere with pleasant owners and servers.  There are enough annoyances that just come with ordinary life.
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by WDBarr Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:41 pm

You all are obviously not people who would abuse a special, but these people do exist. You offer a special and then a customer will come in and want to split a plate, order water and dip their own tea bag into it and order basket after basket of bread to fill up on. I owned a small business in Florida and when I put a coupon in the local (free) newspaper, customers would come in with multiple coupons they wanted to count towards one purchase. I quit putting coupons in the newspaper and just offered my good customers a discount.

WDBarr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by newinajijic Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:22 pm

Well said WDBarr, you omitted taking the left overs home in their tin foil pouch.

newinajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:20 pm

Had the ribs, French fries and Cole Slaw. $95/

The slaw was sort of tasteless and the fries were fries, but the robs were, to use a Mexican expression, "To Die For." They along were worth the price.

Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down