INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US NetFlix access

+8
juanrey
gringal
casi nada
TioBob
Klutzy
hickton
Canmex 87
CanuckBob
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

US NetFlix access Empty US NetFlix access

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:34 am

I imagine this will also affect people here who currently access US Netflix via VPN's and proxy servers.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstories/canadian-access-to-us-netflix-to-end-%e2%80%98in-coming-weeks/ar-BBod65P?li=AAggFp5

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

US NetFlix access Empty Re: US NetFlix access

Post by gringal Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:37 am

CanuckBob wrote:I imagine this will also affect people here who currently access US Netflix via VPN's and proxy servers.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstories/canadian-access-to-us-netflix-to-end-%e2%80%98in-coming-weeks/ar-BBod65P?li=AAggFp5

It will really mess up anyone using a VPN to access US Netflix in order to get English subtitles on everything.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:55 am

Here is a bit more on the subject.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstories/netflix-cross-border-streaming-experts-doubt-company-can-stamp-it-out-completely/ar-BBoiEkO?li=AAggNbc

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Canmex 87 Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:21 am

We have a friend who lost his U.S. Netflix on Saturday.

Canmex 87
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:48 am

the article mentions uno telly which a based in canada. i have used this vpn for over a year to watch british tv and kodi. all very good, cheap and surprisingly not at all slow !!

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Klutzy Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:50 am

I have US Netflix and have been watching here with a VPN, but they got me yesterday! Blackeye

Klutzy

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:28 pm

They got me today.  
Anyone got a bright idea around this?

Please don't suggest we default to Mexican Netflix.  We are hearing impaired and Spanish challenged, so that won't work.
We need English subtitles.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TioBob Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:58 pm

It may turn out to be like Banamex USA they may eventually get everyone. I lost mine a week after renewing my VPN for a year.
TioBob
TioBob

Humor : Leg pulling

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:37 pm

gringal wrote:They got me today.  

Please don't suggest we default to Mexican Netflix.  We are hearing impaired and Spanish challenged, so that won't work.

UnoTelly or UnblockUS. Both about 5 USD per month.

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:16 pm

casi nada wrote:

UnoTelly or UnblockUS.  Both about 5 USD per month.

We tried it. They nailed us almost immediately. I think they have us on a secret radar.
We are slowly being herded into Mexican Netflix. We're still working on solutions. For one thing, we're using an ancient but very working Sony TV from the dark ages. Dammit, I'm determined to see Downton Abbey, but Mexican Netflix seems to think that if a program is in English, who needs subtitles? Those Brits don't speak American English, turned up loud or not.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Klutzy Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:59 pm

I have Amazon prime; it says you can watch anywhere and they have closed captioning. I've watched Downton Abbey through S6, but it is not available to stream on Netflix.

Klutzy

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:44 am

Klutzy wrote:I have Amazon prime; it says you can watch anywhere and they have closed captioning. I've watched Downton Abbey through S6, but it is not available to stream on Netflix.

Guess what? We signed up for Amazon Prime and Poof! the message came through almost immediately to the effect that those on a VPN are now dumped. This seems to be a vast clean out. We switched VPN's, and that didn't help. I suspect they have our number. Are you using a Roku box?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by juanrey Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:16 pm

gringal wrote:  Dammit, I'm determined to see Downton Abbey, but Mexican Netflix seems to think that if a program is in English, who needs subtitles?  Those Brits don't speak American English, turned up loud or not.

They haven't hit me yet so I still have both Mexican and US.
Gringal, I just checked and Netflix US only has Downton Abbey available on DVD, and Mexico Netflix will stream it.
juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : George Carlin

https://sites.google.com/site/ouradventureinchapala/

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:06 pm

juanrey wrote:
gringal wrote:  Dammit, I'm determined to see Downton Abbey, but Mexican Netflix seems to think that if a program is in English, who needs subtitles?  Those Brits don't speak American English, turned up loud or not.

They haven't hit me yet so I still have both Mexican and US.
Gringal, I just checked and Netflix US only has Downton Abbey available on DVD, and Mexico Netflix will stream it.

Yes, I've found that out and I'll spare you the long version of the tiresome tale of moving here from SMA where our mail service was so quick and reliable that we were having no problems getting DVD's in the mail, whereas here they were disappearing along the way with such regularity that we finally gave up on it. Anyway, we're trying to work out some way to work around the problem by using Netflix Mexico and some fancy schmancy way of getting subtitles beyond what they offer on the surface. This might involve upgrading to a new TV. I'm kind of fond of that old horribly heavy Sony from 14 years ago. Nice picture still.
How does one get rid of such a monster, anyway? Takes two sturdy guys to even lift it. Ayyyeiii. scratch

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Klutzy Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:27 pm

Guess what?  We signed up for Amazon Prime and Poof! the message came through almost immediately to the effect that those on a VPN are now dumped.  This seems to be a vast clean out. We switched VPN's, and that didn't help.  I suspect they have our number.  Are you using a Roku box?

Oh that's so depressing! I don't use Roku, I stream through and watch on my computer, and also on my android cellphone. I'm surprised because the site does say anytime anywhere. Did you try chatting with someone at Amazon (online chat, NOT a phone call!)? I wonder if it makes a difference that I signed up with an American address?

Klutzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:05 pm

I also stream whatevever I want to see via Amazon to my computer or tablet.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:27 pm

Trailrunner wrote:I also stream whatevever I want to see via Amazon to my computer or tablet.

That seems to work for many people.  I would prefer to watch on the bigger screen..........I know: picky, picky.
You know; the full movie experience; couch and popcorn.

We signed up with our Texas mail service address. Used Roku and HMA vpn.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:36 pm

gringal wrote:
Trailrunner wrote:I also stream whatevever I want to see via Amazon to my computer or tablet.

That seems to work for many people.  I would prefer to watch on the bigger screen..........I know: picky, picky.
You know; the full movie experience; couch and popcorn.

We signed up with our Texas mail service address.  Used Roku and HMA vpn.

Gringal most modern computers and almost all flat screens have HDMI ports and you can send the video and audio over one cable from your computer to big TV. So when I watch baseball over the internet on my computer I send it to my big TV to watch. Easy Peasy unless you have very old equipment.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:05 pm

Why even deal with NetFlix? You can get everything off of torrents for free and quicker.

Google torrents and find a torrent program you like and download and watch. I use Vuse but there are several.

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:32 pm

gringal wrote:
casi nada wrote:

UnoTelly or UnblockUS.  Both about 5 USD per month.

We tried it.  They nailed us almost immediately.  I think they have us on a secret radar.
We are slowly being herded into Mexican Netflix.  We're still working on solutions.  For one thing, we're using an ancient but very working Sony TV from the dark ages.  Dammit, I'm determined to see Downton Abbey, but Mexican Netflix seems to think that if a program is in English, who needs subtitles?  Those Brits don't speak American English, turned up loud or not.

That's very odd.  Are you sure you did the setup properly?  Because I use UnoTelly and I'm watching Hulu and Netflix right now as I'm typing.

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:20 pm

This is beginning to sound like the GREAT BANAMEX DUMP, when the bank started dumping Mexican customers in groups. There was much speculation as to WHY they were dumped (usually pointing to some possible wrongdoing by the dumpees) and then, the rest of the customers got dumped, in stages.
I had a moment of bliss trying to go to Amazon Prime with another of the many workarounds, but the next day..........they got me there.
So, we shall see. Enjoy your Netflix and Amazon while you may. The grim reaper is spotting those vpn's, one bunch at a time.
Meanwhile, we're watching old DVD's we have around, and today, we just bought a "smart" tv and are getting rid of our ancient Sony. The may open new possibilities. pirat

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:02 pm

NetFlix is having copyright problems. They buy most of their programs and have rights to distribute in certain areas. This will just get worse.

They will eventually get all the VPNs. They just have to watch the IPs and block them.

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:52 am

gringal wrote:This is beginning to sound like the GREAT BANAMEX DUMP, when the bank started dumping Mexican customers in groups.  There was much speculation as to WHY they were dumped (usually pointing to some possible wrongdoing by the dumpees) and then, the rest of the customers got dumped, in stages.
I had a moment of bliss trying to go to Amazon Prime with another of the many workarounds, but the next day..........they got me there.
So, we shall see.  Enjoy your Netflix and Amazon while you may.  The grim reaper is spotting those vpn's, one bunch at a time.
Meanwhile, we're watching old DVD's we have around, and today, we just bought a "smart" tv and are getting rid of our ancient Sony.  The may open new possibilities. :pirat:

First of all, UnoTelly is not a VPN service.  They offer a VPN but their basic service is DNS re- routing.  You said you tried the service and they caught you right away.  I find that hard to believe.  Did you change the DNS server addresses on your router or your network adaptor?  Did you flush the DNS cache?  There is absolutely no reason it would work for me and not for you unless you messed up the configuration.  I know of at least 5 people who are using the service with no issues.  I'm not saying that it will work forever, but so what?  It's working now. If it stops working in the future, just cancel the account. Meanwhile you can enjoy your Netflix USA.  You asked earlier,

''They got me today.  Anyone got a bright idea around this?''  

I've given you the answer but you just seem to want to complain and not try the solutions given to you.  They offer a 7 day free trial.  Sign up.  If it doesn't work, no harm done.

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:42 am

"I've given you the answer but you just seem to want to complain and not try the solutions given to you.  "

I appreciate the information and will try again. However, you needn't be snarky.  I'm not nearly as computer knowledgeable as you, so how about  having a little dose of kindness with your coffee?

Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Klutzy Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:08 am

Here is a supposed workaround that I haven't tried yet. I'd love to know how well it works for anyone using it. http://www.howtogeek.com/239616/how-to-watch-netflix-hulu-and-more-through-a-vpn-without-being-blocked/

Klutzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next