INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Izzy experience in Cancun ( Replacing Telecable if rumors are right)

5 posters

Go down

Izzy experience in Cancun ( Replacing Telecable if rumors are right) Empty Izzy experience in Cancun ( Replacing Telecable if rumors are right)

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:58 am

Just came off an island off cancun for a week and had the full Izzy experience. They braindead the WIFI so you can't share it. I could only get 64% with laptop one foot from modem/WIFI unit. Three turned into .5 for most of the day. My Telmex and Telecable WIFI units were never so low. If they bring the same crappy units one should add an AP (access point) and do your own WIFI. Saw the same thing on two different units and people on island are very unhappy with them and verified what I discovered.

Roll your own WIFI.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Izzy experience in Cancun ( Replacing Telecable if rumors are right) Empty Re: Izzy experience in Cancun ( Replacing Telecable if rumors are right)

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:15 am

Just tested Telmex and Telecable WIFI units and none of them are braindeaded like the Izzy units.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Izzy experience in Cancun ( Replacing Telecable if rumors are right) Empty Re: Izzy experience in Cancun ( Replacing Telecable if rumors are right)

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:52 am

"... braindeaded the Izzy units." if I have no idea what you are talking about can this still affect me? Is there a non-geek translation of what you said?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:27 pm

They purposely made the WIFI unit not work as well as it could to stop people from sharing. Our local vendors do not do that.  The signal is about a third less than a Telmex WIFI unit so it stands no chance of going through a wall. It wouldn't even go more than ten feet. Its lame and greedy.  So you pay full price for a sub standard WIFI unit with Izzy in Cancun. Time to buy an Access Point with WIFI and external antenna and do your own WIFI if they bring the same modems here lakeside.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by fugawibill Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:48 pm

Telmex is doing the same thing here in Mazatlán. The new Infinitum modem, made in Vietnam, won't work with my smart TV in the next room, due to low signal strength.

fugawibill

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:46 am

So what is the signal strength?? In Cancun Izzy only let them put out a 60% signal next to modem? Solution is to purchase an Access point and stop using Telmex WIFI. In fact turn it off as most Telmex modems have a button to turn off WIFI. You won't be unhappy especially if you look for external antenna on your A.P. which gives you even more options for improved WIFI performance. Dump the crappy Telmex WIFI.
New Telmex modems here don't seem to be braindead.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:31 am

Izzi is horrible in Zapopan
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:44 am

Any modem will work with Telmex ..... at least they used to. Still have my great old 2wire but no Telmex here
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:54 am

I got the company name wrong. Its Izzi not Izzy. Sorry

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:59 am

In response to a PM

Hmmmmm ..... I've bought second hand store modems in the US and they worked fine with Telmex
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down