INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

"Recent" Jalisco law on free cohabitation (Lay de Libre Convivencia)

Go down

"Recent" Jalisco law on free cohabitation (Lay de Libre Convivencia)

Post by Clueless on Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:18 am

This law (in English below), appears to have as a basic intent, not just let SSC (Same Sex Couples) live together as an "official" family, but to allow both parties to get benefits that one or both might not be entitled to individually.

My questions then is: How will Immigration look at this law when it comes to people (in this example, a man and a woman) living together? And more specifically, what would the status be of a (for exmaple) Canadian woman who does not qualify for a Permente, and is here on a FM-T (180 days)?

Now, this woman has to leave every 180 days and turn around and come back for another 180 days. Not very appealing. And while the man having the Permente can work, his "spouse" can not.

Apparently it is in the arena of a Notorio rather than an attorney since it seems there is really a contract between the parties.

Anyone have any experience, or even a vague idea of what' going to come to pass in my scenario?

PLEASE, serious responses. Digs, snarky, etc. comments, please direct to me in PM or the Octagon.
==================================================================================================

GUADALAJARA (in Mexico) - free cohabitation law, which seeks to give rights to persons serving a home whether they are of the same sex, has been a "bureaucratic" way for those seeking benefits
Adopted in 2013 in the state of Jalisco, get their benefits requires the signing of a free coexistence, in the case of Diana Mirna Rodriguez Lozano, meant more than two weeks of searching orientation and a notary among the 327 It is in the entity-who knew the new law.
The local deputy Enrique Velázquez, author of the initiative, said in an interview that in the first month of entry into force, dozens of people came to Congress to request information, but so far only two cases in the proceedings progressed and none has signed.
Diana Mirna looking for a contract signing Free Coexistence his nephew Omar Reyes Lozano, 26 and suffering from diabetes, you are entitled to medical services of the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS).
"Another benefit I'm looking for my nephew besides affiliating to social insurance is that, if I am to die, he is protected, that my pension will pass it to him," the woman, who works as a clerk.
Mirna Diana lives with her mother, María de Jesús Rodríguez of 93 years and his nephew, who took over since he was a baby, that is, form a non-traditional family model, so he says, no It is confident that a federal agency, such as the IMSS, recognized his nephew as a dependent.
The team of advisors PRD fraction in the Congress of Jalisco, which developed the initiative, said in an interview that since he knew that the law proposed would face this obstacle, as the IMSS only recognizes the traditional model of family Mom, father, sons.
CNNMéxico consulted the IMSS Jalisco delegation to see if the contract signed under the regime of Free Convivencia to validate the affiliation of a person, but so far there has been no response.
Law "stigmatized"
According to the Law on Free Coexistence approved by Congress of Jalisco, two or more persons living in the same household without regard to sex or kinship, have the option of receiving benefits of mutual aid as social security or property under a contract signed before notary public.
Article 15 of Chapter II states that "the parties to the contract--involucradas are entitled to claim benefits which, under the rules for pension benefits or similar, contemplate the law."
This law came into force on 1 January, and so far only two cases of families interested in this law have not been answered on its validity before federal agencies or private institutions.
The diputadodel Party of the Democratic Revolution (PRD), Enrique Velázquez, acknowledged in an interview that it is necessary to "socialize" the law and explain what it is.
The team of advisors to the legislator explained that the law is known "by the media" as an instrument to legalize unions between persons of the same sex, but its goals are broader.
"It is a law that was born stigmatized mainly in the media and put aside their benefits and scope beyond the same-sex couples who want to legalize their unions," said one of the members of the advisory team, who asked not be mentioned
They will also be warned through the media and disseminated-from the office of deputy promoter of the initiative cases of nuclear families that are eligible for this law and the benefits they seek.
Although the law is the conclusion of a contract may be specific to each partner or group of people interested in signing specifications, explains the president of the Association of Notaries of Jalisco, Juan Carlos Vazquez Martin.
"What we have to do is talk to the parties who appear to have a clear idea of ​​what they want and what is the idea of ​​granting mutual assistance. What would if you purchased real estate, which part is co-owned; it will have to handle the guardianship if necessary, alimony if necessary, but all that we ought to receive what makes us the Civil Code and the Code of Civil Procedure of the State ", he said.
He also warned that there are "details" in the new law are subject to review or accuracy. He cited as an example that in a marriage rules set by law are clear at the time of distributing the goods either spouse dies intestate. However, in the law of free living "it is not clear what will happen if one of the contracting partners dies."
The first contract
Friday will be signed in Jalisco, notarized, the first contract Free Coexistence between Paulina Guzman Flores and her mother.
For this housewife the way for the signing of this contract has been "winding and bureaucratic". She seeks to sign a union of living with his mother, and get similar to having a bed in a house credit discount. Under normal conditions, you would have to pay 100% safe and 100% of his mother.
"However, for people with a marriage contract is secure spousal, where 100% of the owner and 10% of the spouse, that's what I'm looking for I do valid through contract is paid Free Coexistence, "he adds.
Pualina was notified by the insurer will make the contract valid Free Coexistence in profit in the payment of the policy and expects that takes place the formalization of the agreement made with his mother.
He says that "it was difficult" to find a notary who knew how contracts are held under this law and in the end got one, under the guidance of Deputy Velázquez.
The president of the Association of Notaries said about all professionals in this field are able to enter into a contract as required by law.
"I do not have to be complicated, so we have to do is talk to the party appear to know your idea," he said. "The law is very clear about its scope and objectives."
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Re: "Recent" Jalisco law on free cohabitation (Lay de Libre Convivencia)

Post by Clueless on Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:13 am

Please disregard, I found what I need.

Take care all.
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté on Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:55 am

Oh, good. I was going to ask you what you found out the last time you asked this question.
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner on Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:05 am

lololol
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down