INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black & White Coffee Ajijic Plaza, soon to be no more....

+10
slainte39
lakeside7
Trailrunner
papa chango
Abrria
artsnob
WillieRae
sm1mex
CanuckBob
Carry Bean
14 posters

Go down

Black & White Coffee Ajijic Plaza, soon to be no more.... Empty Black & White Coffee Ajijic Plaza, soon to be no more....

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2016 7:57 am

It has been a long time coming, Black and White Coffee is on their last legs.  A couple days ago the manager Diego quit working there and another worker tuned in their one week notice yesterday.
It seems the owner Lisa (Diego’s sister) has not been paying the workers like the law says for a few years now. No Christmas bonus, no 2x’s for Federal holidays and paying only 16 peso and hour. On 16 hour days Lisa only pays for an 8 hour day.
What finally done it was when Lisa started taking the tips to buy cups and plates for the coffee shop and then started deducting money from the workers pay to buy other things for the store.  She started telling the workers they need to buy the bread, ham and cheese for the sandwiches they sell out of their own money.
Two months ago Lisa got a loan from a man and refuses to pay him back so he come into the coffee shop and said he will be taking over the ownership for nonpayment.
It sounds like most other shops in Mexico, it’s hard to make a living.  But when the owner walks into the store and takes money out of the till to buy a $2,000 (American) dog for her child and don’t pay the workers or her bills this is inevitable.

Back to top Go down

Black & White Coffee Ajijic Plaza, soon to be no more.... Empty Re: Black & White Coffee Ajijic Plaza, soon to be no more....

Post by Carry Bean Tue May 03, 2016 8:29 am

It's not the only place to do this. A popular restaurant does the same thing.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Black & White Coffee Ajijic Plaza, soon to be no more.... Empty Re: Black & White Coffee Ajijic Plaza, soon to be no more....

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2016 9:04 am

I'm sure there are other places, sadly enough. I'm very close friends with all of the workers and know of their living conditions. It just bothers me to see them treated so poorly.

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue May 03, 2016 9:05 am

Would Lisa be willing to sell the business?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2016 9:11 am

[quote="CanuckBob"]Would Lisa be willing to sell the business?[/quote]

Bob I really think there would be a good chance of that. She does not speak english but if you would like I can ask and get you the phone number.  There may be past debt that would need to be taken care of, I'm not sure. But I will ask today. (I will find out today)

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Tue May 03, 2016 10:07 am

It would be great if a Dairy Queen went in there. They would make a killin !

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by WillieRae Tue May 03, 2016 12:28 pm

My husband votes for a Burger King! Jiji

WillieRae
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by artsnob Tue May 03, 2016 1:30 pm

I would like to have Wendy´s or Taco Bell....

artsnob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Abrria Tue May 03, 2016 1:43 pm

artsnob wrote:I would like to have Wendy´s or Taco Bell....
PLEASE no franchises!!!

Abrria
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by papa chango Tue May 03, 2016 1:46 pm

Abrria wrote:
artsnob wrote:I would like to have Wendy´s or Taco Bell....
PLEASE no franchises!!!
I strongly agree.
hola
papa chango
papa chango
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wit and sarcasm Cheech and Chong

http://lakechapalaexpat.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue May 03, 2016 1:55 pm

Me too!
One would have to sell about a million cups of coffee every month to pay that rent.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Tue May 03, 2016 3:17 pm

Just some place that can sell a blizzard ice cream !

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lakeside7 Tue May 03, 2016 4:35 pm

I would think that location is a high rent position..the prices they charge seem to reflect that...is Black Coffee a franchise ?

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by artsnob Tue May 03, 2016 5:00 pm

Black Coffee is a franchise, Black an White is not, It is owned by the people who have the ice cream shop down the way

artsnob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2016 6:14 pm

A warning to all the people that take their dogs to the plaza. Lisa said after today she is putting poison in the dog water and food bowel at the plaza  because she's tired of people bringing dogs to the coffee shop.

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue May 03, 2016 10:14 pm

sm1mex wrote:It would be great if a Dairy Queen went in there.  They would make a killin !

One "entity" controls or has the rights for DQ in Jalisco.  There are no independent franchisees other than this one, and all  stores are company owned.  They have been approached and will not sell a franchise nor are they interested in  opening a store in the Lake Chapala area....yet.
No "blizzards" in the forecast, even for Enero.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Wed May 04, 2016 9:36 am

Maybe Trips Burgers could make a blizzard look a like and call it something else.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed May 04, 2016 11:22 am

Dog issue comment:

Just talked to the folks at Black and White and nothing will happen to the dogs. So talk about the labor issue but the Dog issue has been resolved. They heard the message.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by kiminmexico Wed May 04, 2016 1:46 pm

Be sure to give tips to one of the employees. Don't put in tip jar.
kiminmexico
kiminmexico

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed May 04, 2016 1:55 pm

Zed, who is the "they" that heard the message? I thought it was one person (the owner) who made the threat?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed May 04, 2016 4:41 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Zed, who is the "they" that heard the message? I thought it was one person (the owner) who made the threat?

lol! Probably the same "they" that are going to build that wall and pay for it.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu May 05, 2016 7:36 am

OK here is what I heard. A day or so ago we were told by a lady customer at Black and White that the dogs were going to be poisoned so don't bring your dog here. Needless to say I was upset but thought about it overnight. Next day my friend and I were at Black and White. My friend went to one of the employees that we know and asked the question about what was going to happen to the dogs. Nothing, the boss has got the message and they will be left alone. These facts I personally witnessed. Was also told by employee that many folks had commented or complained.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Sat May 07, 2016 8:37 pm

I can't believe it. I'm gone for exactly one week and everything is going to rat sith.
Black & White Coffee Ajijic Plaza, soon to be no more.... 661816
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : New York

http://gilbert.info.yorku.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat May 07, 2016 9:18 pm

Get back here, Mike! We obviously need you.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down