INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

in home nurseing

+4
CanuckBob
Abel
espíritu del lago
joelpb
8 posters

Go down

in home nurseing Empty in home nurseing

Post by joelpb Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:40 pm

Is there a need for inhome care in the area?

joelpb

Back to top Go down

in home nurseing Empty Re: in home nurseing

Post by espíritu del lago Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:42 pm

Vetteforron's wife Sarah has one and so does a Doctor friend of John in Ajijic...there is also another one in Ajijic.

The link for ^^^^ http://www.lakesidecare.com/ ^^^^

Phone # Ron, at 045-331-406-5253

If someone could be so kind and add the link to to John's doctor friend that would be nice that would be nice! Sparks? Rolly?
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Abel Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:21 pm

John has no Doctor friend. It is his physio therapist who knows everything about everything.
And no, if you are a foreigner, there is no need for your services.

Abel

Back to top Go down

in home nurseing Empty abel who are you?

Post by joelpb Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:24 pm

what do you mean if you are forengnier there is no need for your services?

joelpb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:47 pm

joelpb wrote:Is there a need for inhome care in the area?

There is absolutely a need for in home care here. I have a friend who is considering starting up this service. Most folks do not want to leave their home and go into another facility, and will fight it as long as possible. Sorry to be your first realistic ansd serious response. Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:42 pm

joelpb wrote:what do you mean if you are forengnier there is no need for your services?

They might mean it would be difficult to get the proper work visa's to perform this service since there are many Mexicans who can and do provide the same service.

Bob
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

in home nurseing Empty Reason why

Post by joelpb Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:14 pm

The reason why I asked this question is my wife who a dual citizen will be reitireing soon from a hospital and this is her job. We are thinking of moving there. Thanks

joelpb

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:51 pm

Well if she has Mexican citizenship then should be no problem. I'm sure there is a need for this in the area. Maybe need to find a service aspect that isn't being offered by anyone else.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue May 18, 2010 8:11 am

I think there is a growing need for in home nursing care in this area. Not only for those who don't want to go to assisted living, but those who have had an accident or post surgery. There was a North American woman more than 6 years ago who had this type of business plus an assisted living - post surgery or accident facility, she was almost always full. Sadly she passed away about 5 years ago from pancreatic cancer. There are several facilities run by Mexicans or Mexican American couples, but none to treat short term care like the one that used to be in Ajijic. It was in the location of Sol y Luna.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Tue May 18, 2010 2:42 pm

Sarah from Lakeside care does both ... in your house and in their facility. I'm sure she would do short term care if she has time. She works her butt off.

I don't know John's friend
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:43 pm

Yes, I have used Sara and Ron's services for my friend when he was in the IMSS hospital for surgery for 10 days. They expected me, his friend to be there 24 hours a day to provide care for him. I couldn't. So I hired a nurse through Sara and Ron. But there is a growing need for this kind of service.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:17 pm

I believe there is a great need because I spent the first couple of months out of the hospital with the most incompetent care individual one can imagine. (We didn’t know about Sara.) We needed her eight hours a day, one day per week so my better half could have a day off.

The first day when I needed a bed pan she completely screwed it up. (Came to us saying she had thirty years in nursing care.) The majority of my body was completely paralyzed so I didn’t realize there was a problem. So I spent the whole day in a soaked bed. To say the least we needed to find another care taker. We even had our Doctor looking. After that we just put me in a diaper and prayed each day I only needed to pee. We controlled what I ate so everything would work out the day she came to take care of me. Finally we hired our housekeepers’ granddaughters to come watch over me. They did a much better job.

Not only that, she was always helping herself to food items. Frozen food from the freezer, (I assume she took home in her backpack) chocolate candy and other food items from the fridge and she even had the nerve to drink the Ensure that I needed because I could only eat such small amounts of food when first out of the hospital. (approximately $3.00 each) What a nightmare. I’m so glad to get that off my shoulder. Thanks for hearing me out, I feel much better!
Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:20 pm

Any time Parker! Whew...what a nightmare for you and your better half.
I would think that there is a definite market for in home care...I just don't think I'd be relying on it for a steady income. I am most willing to be told I'm wrong.
Besides, updating our wills, making arrangements for "afterlife", etc. etc., we are also going to be looking into assisted living centres and other arrangements. I kinda believe in Murphy's Law...if I have everything in place then I won't ever need it.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:21 am

I know of nurses that are available here. I've been given cards by people who used them while sitting is doctors offices. But I would rely on someone I know to provide one like Sara for the same reason Parker stated above. How terrible to be that ill and have your paid nurse helping herself to your food.

As for assisted living facilities, they are filling up fast and there are more of them. when I moved here I only knew one person who stayed in one for a month after hip surgery. But now I know of at least 3 people staying in various facilities.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down