INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Honda Service Needed

+5
CanuckBob
Gamina
Intercasa
David
Texas Gringo
9 posters

Go down

Honda Service Needed Empty Honda Service Needed

Post by Texas Gringo Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:50 pm

Does anyone have a recommendation for a Honda Dealer in Guad. that has an English speaking Service Writer? I need to have the computer reset in our 2007 Honda Odysey.

Texas Gringo

Back to top Go down

Honda Service Needed Empty Re: Honda Service Needed

Post by David Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:07 pm

Dalton. BTW, all major dealers have some English speaking staff in both sales and service. No worries.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:07 pm

There is a dealer on Gonzalez Gallo which is following Carretera into Guad and passing Lazaro Cardenas, another across from Costco Plaza Galerias so youd have things to do and see while waiting.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:16 pm

Good luck with your computer reset. YOU may think that's what you need but getting them to agree is another thing and then to do something about it. The dealers here absolutely refuse to listen or look for the maintenance flyer they got from Honda to verify fix. One friend brought a part from the US and had it installed by a dealer in Guad. Another friend had their computer reset while passing through Ciudad Victoria on the way home from the US. Please report back about your experiences. BTW--Gonzalo Gallo dealer has English speaking service writers.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:07 pm

Wouldn't disconnecting the battery for a few minutes "reset" the computer? I would try that first if you suspect that is all it needs.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:23 pm

If that's all you need then go to Pablo's Garage just west of Ajijic. He can do it for you.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:03 pm

Locals have the tool to reset the various lights like airbag, check engine, service.  Its not that expensive of a tool anymore and required to fix cars nowadays. When I had my FIT serviced at the Honda dealer near Gallerias/Costco the service manager spoke perfect English.  Others spoke Spanglish. I was happy with my work done. We went and saw a movie at Gallerias while the car was being services.  I found  no reason to go elsewhere. My friend who does speak perfect spanish has been using them for years and has been happy til he bought a Mazda and sold his Honda.  

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Honda Service Needed Empty Check engine/airbag lights

Post by Lost Dog Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:25 pm

Texas Gringo wrote:Does anyone have a recommendation for a Honda Dealer in Guad. that has an English speaking Service Writer?  I need to have the  computer reset in our 2007 Honda Odysey.

Hi, I am not in Lakeside, only researching and planning a trip to check out the place. I am a retired dealership (not Honda) technician. I would suggest removing the battery cables, making sure first that all accessories are off (a/c, radio, etc.), for 15 minutes. Then replace the cables, making sure they are free and clean of corrosion build up. This will reset the check engine light. Restart the car and the check engine light should go out. Driving the car for about 100 miles will put it through it computer drive cycle, if nothing is amiss, the light will stay out. If it it returns, there is a problem code stored in the computer which will need to be diagnosed by a tech. The most common problem is leaving the gas cap loose or off after filling up, on some of these older models, that will set the check engine light. Securing the gas cap and disconnecting the battery as explained will take care of that. If the airbag light comes back on, there is a fault that needs to be checked by a tech. Hope that helps.

Lost Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:51 pm

Or, he could simply take it to Pablo who will read the codes, if any, and reset the computer.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BILLBOGEY Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:43 pm

Texas Gringo, Thanks for this question. Please let us know what you did and how satisfied you were. BB

BILLBOGEY
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : UNIQUE

Back to top Go down

Post by benjji Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:48 pm

I get my computer on my Honda reset by a mechanic in Riberas....AL Rivas....sure saves a long ride.

benjji
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down