INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing Report - Lake Chapala - 1 Nov.

Go down

Fishing Report - Lake Chapala - 1 Nov. Empty Fishing Report - Lake Chapala - 1 Nov.

Post by Cincy Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:12 pm

Good start to the Month - wetting the line at 6:30am.  The fishing here in Lake Chapala just keeps getting better and better!

The carp were hitting at first light today.  Other days they've needed an hour or so get accustomed to feeding on Walmart corn.
The first fish of the day was the largest at 17".  After this, the carp kept coming until I had 16 in my net.  As many tilapia were also caught, 3 of which are in my refrigerator waiting to be filleted.  The carp were feeding with enthusiasm today which was evidenced by their willing to get the hook well down in their throat. This was something new. I kept all the fish alive in my "keep-net" then transferred them to a large cooler for this picture...

Fishing Report - Lake Chapala - 1 Nov. Img_4910

All the carp were returned alive (and perhaps a little wiser) expect for 2. The largest carp, which weighed in at 3.2lbs on the kitchen scales, went to the maid who has 4 kids to feed. She seemed absolutely delighted! The next smallest when to the gardener - I have never seen him so excited! He instantly asked for time off to buy cooking oil, chilies, spices, coconut and other stuff and I think he's cooking it right now on a grill next door...

I've read the reports of elevated levels of contaminants in the Lake Chapala carp, especially mercury, so I need to limit this treat to once a month to comply with recommended guidelines, similar to those of the Great Lakes fish.

Tight Lines...!!!

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Monty Python...

Back to top Go down

Fishing Report - Lake Chapala - 1 Nov. Empty Re: Fishing Report - Lake Chapala - 1 Nov.

Post by Cincy Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:52 pm

Fresh tilapia - they look a lot like blue gills!

Fishing Report - Lake Chapala - 1 Nov. Img_4911

These 3 guys weighed exactly 1lb before filleting.

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Monty Python...

Back to top Go down