INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am at a total loss on this one and

4 posters

Go down

I am at a total loss on this one and Empty I am at a total loss on this one and

Post by Clueless Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:54 pm

the "girls" at the phone stores in Chapala don't know squat.

I have Moviestar. My promotion plan was/is $50 per month for unlimited calling in Mx and to U.S. and Canada but not landlines in Mx.

I ran out of time and put another $50 on the phone. Got a confirmation that I was good-to-go for another 30-days.

Two days later, we went to Doloris Hidalgo. Three days there and it ran our again.

Returned to Chapala and it still didn't have any time left.

What happened?

I'm now told about a Telcel plan that is around $3,000 for a two year contract, unlimited calling and a certain amount of Internet.

I make/get almost no phone calls but do check my email and surf a lot on the phone.

Any suggestions, thoughts, input?

Thanks.

Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

I am at a total loss on this one and Empty Re: I am at a total loss on this one and

Post by CanuckBob Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:05 pm

I use my landline with the free long distance for all my calls to the US and Canada. I just pay as I play on my cell phone. Local calls, texts, Facebook, etc. costs me about $100 - $150 pesos per month.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

I am at a total loss on this one and Empty Re: I am at a total loss on this one and

Post by jrm30655 Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:33 am

Clueless wrote:the "girls" at the phone stores in Chapala don't know squat.

I have Moviestar. My promotion plan was/is $50 per month for unlimited calling  in Mx and to U.S. and Canada but not landlines in Mx.

I ran out of time and put another $50 on the phone. Got a confirmation that I was good-to-go for another 30-days.

Two days later, we went to Doloris Hidalgo. Three days there and it ran our again.

Returned to Chapala and it still didn't have any time left.

What happened?

I'm now told about a Telcel plan that is around $3,000 for a two year contract, unlimited calling and a certain amount of Internet.

I make/get almost no phone calls but do check my email and surf a lot on the phone.

Any suggestions, thoughts, input?

Thanks.

If you have a smart phone, it is probably running up data charges updating the programs.

Somewhere in settings you can cut the internet off and it will stop that

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RichD Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:57 am

jrm30655 wrote:If you have a smart phone, it is probably running up data charges updating the programs.

Somewhere in settings you can cut the internet off and it will stop that

Wow, that's where my time has gone to. I wondered why I had almost the same problem as Clueless, but I turned off the data and enabled my local WiFi on the phone. I really only wanted a phone with Bluetooth to stream to my hearing aids and didn't think about it being a "smart" phone. All is good now. Thanks for the heads-up.
RichD
RichD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down