INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water / Property Tax - When can we expect them?

+3
ferret
CanuckBob
Cincy
7 posters

Go down

Water / Property Tax - When can we expect them? Empty Water / Property Tax - When can we expect them?

Post by Cincy Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:36 am

We are fairly new permanent residents having bought a house in Ajijic - 7 months ago.  Can we expect a water bill and property taxes soon?

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Monty Python...

Back to top Go down

Water / Property Tax - When can we expect them? Empty Re: Water / Property Tax - When can we expect them?

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:51 am

No, you will not receive a bill. You just need to take your proof of address (CFE bill, etc.) to the local offices and pay them.

Land taxes are paid at the municipal hall in Chapala and the water bill is paid at Simapa which is right behind Farmacia GDL in Ajijic.

Just show them your proof of address and they will look in the computer and tell you how much you owe. In future years you can just take your previous years receipt.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Water / Property Tax - When can we expect them? Empty Re: Water / Property Tax - When can we expect them?

Post by ferret Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:07 am

I'm having a different experience and am in the same situation as the OP having closed on my house on May 10th of 2016. I did receive the originals of the water bill and the tax bill when I closed.
I went to Simapa in San Antonio and was told that to change the account into my name, I had to provide the original Escritura (deed), the predial (taxes) and identification.
So now I have to go and do the taxes first because they should now be in my name as that is one of the jobs of the Notario when closing. Then Simapa can see the proof, along with the deed, that I own the property.
Hijole! Ain't nuthin' easy in Mexico.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cincy Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:28 am

Will I be able to pay with a credit card? Last year, the previous owners had a $10,000 MXN water bill which is a lot cash to be carrying around...!!!

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Monty Python...

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:32 am

Cincy, not likely. I have always paid cash.

You are correct Ferret. Everything should be in your name. I assume this is all in his name already.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:39 am

Cincy - We just paid a $10,000 water bill assessment for a new lot connection and it was cash only. Note that such a figure is actually negotiable.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:41 am

Cincy wrote:Will I be able to pay with a credit card?  Last year, the previous owners had a $10,000 MXN water bill which is a lot cash to be carrying around...!!!

No credit card, maybe a check.
Just go from the bank or ATM directly to the Simapa office behind the Farmacia Guadalajara.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by helohfe Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:08 pm

I just paid both my water bills and both tax bills with my US Visa Card in Chapala on Wednesday. The Simapa office for Chapala bills is 2 doors north of the Tax Payment building. The car registration is cash only..$496 MXP//

helohfe
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by phxfunguy Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:42 am

helohfe wrote:I just paid both my water bills and both tax bills with my US Visa Card in Chapala on Wednesday. The Simapa office for Chapala bills is 2 doors north of the Tax Payment building. The car registration is cash only..$496 MXP//
I paid all three with my Bancomer credit card, so at least local debit/credit cards work for the license plate fee.
phxfunguy
phxfunguy

Humor : Dual witted (Gemini)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down