INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unfair Policies Against Foreigners

+4
SunshineyDay
Trailrunner
Zedinmexico
Intercasa
8 posters

Go down

Unfair Policies Against Foreigners Empty Unfair Policies Against Foreigners

Post by Intercasa Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:38 am

Two recent things have me up in arms, the first is the very dumb policy by immigration and not the municipal government of Chapala to delay the giving out of peoples immigration cards unless they go to a photo opp ceremony with the mayor. This ceremony is tomorrow and many people cannot go to Ajijic. This is criminal as the Jalisco State Penal Code lists this type of activity under Abuse of Authority, they dont get that foreigners legally here cannot function without their immigration cards, they cannot

1) Buy or sell real estate
2) Buy or sell vehicles
3) Cannot fly out of the country
4) Cannot grant a will
5) Cannot open a bank account or in many cases withdraw money.
6) Cannot get or renew a driver license and their cars are subject to impound
7) Cannot apply for or renew Seguro Popular or IMSS health insurance.

Foreigners are effectively held hostage for the mayors photo opp program and it isnt fair the mayor wants to show off at a cost of breaking the law and negatively affecting the lives of foreigners.

Immigration was doing this and we called the Secretary of Public Function and they said it was wrong and if they insisted they would lose their jobs but now the mayor has the same bright idea that was poorly thought out.

La administración del presidente Javier Degollado está incurriendo en el delito de ABUSO DE AUTORIDAD, Articulo 146, fracciones IV, V y VI del Código Penal de Estado de Jalisco con su requisito que los extranjeros NO pueden recoger sus tarjetas de migración (aparte de violar sus derechos humanos), tienen que esperar y desde la semana pasada están obligados ir a una ceremonia este viernes en Ajijic tipo "photo opp" para la publicidad del presidente, no obstante que el extranjero sin su documento migratorio no puede funcionar ni hacer cualquier acto jurídico incluyendo, en forma enunciativa y no limitativa como:
1) No puede comprar ni vender bienes inmuebles
2) No puede comprar ni vender vehículos
3) No puede viajar afuera del país
4) No puede otorgar testamento
5) No puede abrir cuentas bancarias ni retirar fondos

6) No puede solicitar ni renovar licencia de conducir

7) No pueden adquirir ni renovar sus pólizas de seguro médico con IMSS ni Seguro Popular.

La administración del presidente Javier Degollado está incurriendo en el delito de ABUSO DE AUTORIDAD, Articulo 146, fracciones IV, V y VI del Código Penal de Estado de Jalisco con su requisito que los extranjeros NO pueden recoger sus tarjetas de migración, están obligados ir a una ceremonia en Ajijic tipo "photo opp" para la publicidad del presidente, no obstante que el extranjero sin su documento migratorio no puede funcionar ni hacer cualquier acto jurídico.

Los extranjeros tienen sus vidas detenidas para que el presidente pueda presumir fotos con la comunidad sin tomar en cuenta que sus vidas están detenidas y afectadas por la falta del documento que es obligatorio en muchos tramites para acreditar su legal estancia en el país.

Migración dice por ordenes del presidente municipal no pueden recoger sus tarjetas antes del evento este viernes y si no pueden ir pueden ir a sus oficinas el próximo viernes dejando muchos en pánico y semanas sin documentos.

Artículo 146. Comete el delito de abuso de autoridad todo servidor público, sea cual fuere su categoría que incurra
en alguno de los casos siguientes:

VI. Cuando, indebidamente, retarde o niegue a los particulares la protección o servicio que tenga obligación de
prestarles, o impida la presentación o el curso de una solicitud;
IV. Cuando ejecute, autorice o permita cualquier acto atentatorio a los derechos garantizados por la Constitución
Política de los Estados Unidos Mexicanos, y por la del Estado;
V. Cuando el encargado de una fuerza pública, requerido legalmente por una autoridad para que le preste auxilio,
se niegue indebidamente a dárselo;
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Unfair Policies Against Foreigners Empty Re: Unfair Policies Against Foreigners

Post by Intercasa Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:09 am

Laws immigratino agents are breaking by being accomplices...

Codigo Penal Federal
Abuso de autoridad
Artículo 215.- Cometen el delito de abuso de autoridad los servidores públicos que incurran en alguna de las conductas siguientes:
III.- Cuando indebidamente retarde o niegue a los particulares la protección o servicio que tenga obligación de otorgarles o impida la presentación o el curso de una solicitud;

Ley de Migracion
CAPÍTULO II
DE LAS CAUSAS PARA SANCIONAR A LOS SERVIDORES PÚBLICOS DEL INSTITUTO
Artículo 140. Los servidores públicos del Instituto serán sancionados por las siguientes conductas:
I. Sin estar autorizados, den a conocer cualquier información de carácter confidencial o reservado;
II. Dolosamente o por negligencia retrasen el trámite normal de los asuntos migratorios;

Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:55 am

Thanks for thinking of us Spencer!! We do appreciate you!! Do stay safe when you poke these folks please.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:10 am

So, if one is in the process of getting their permanente visa, they must attend a photo op with the fat guy. If one didn't attend, would their visa be denied or delayed? How would anyone be able to confirm or deny they were at the photo op? Clearly illegal and his worst idea yet - and he's sure had a string of BAD ideas!

Is he from Chapala, is he a local guy with family here???
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:13 am

Isn't he related to the previous mayor?

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:22 am

They have the local policy to only pick up visas on Fridays and last week people couldnt and were "invited" to this event if they want their visas they have to go so it is mandatory. Peoples lives are on hold and cant do anything. If people cant go Friday then they need to wait another week, 3 weeks total without visas and lives on hold.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:33 am

Is this blowback caused from the current new immigration inforcement NOB?
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:39 am

No it is just a way to force people to be in a photo op with the mayor to make him look like he is a favorite with foreigners but ask anybody who hasnt been able to get a card why and what they are told.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RichD Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:12 am

Intercasa wrote:...to make him look like he is a favorite with foreigners... 

I have lived now three months in Chapala Centro and walk by the Municipal daily. I have no idea who he is, his name, or what he looks like. How can he be a favorite of mine?

Last edited by RichD on Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
RichD
RichD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:21 am

UPDATE 11:00AM. The number 2 guy at immigration called me and said they want to reach out to the foreign community and as they would have federal, state and municipal authorities there it would be better to have a good turn out as the government officials were going to the event. I explained the position of many people that couldn't get cards last week and this week if they cant make it to the event that they would have to wait until next week, and was told that those who cant go tomorrow can go Monday or Tuesday to pick up their cards and don't need to wait or of they have an urgent matter they can go today.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:09 pm

. . .or don't care to participate in a politician's photo op!

Good job, Spencer.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:06 pm

I guess left hand and right hand dont speak, I told client about my call and she said...

Very interesting as lies go!! I went today and waited over an hour to be told they couldn't give it to me, even though they knew I wanted to leave in the morning, because they only give them out on Friday!! So she said come back tomorrow at 9.

If you know Sr. Numero Dos, could you let him know that this is no way to run any government department and ask him to call the local office to make sure they give me the visa tomorrow? The government's need for a photo opportunity is no reason to make someone who is sick spend half a week in their office.

Sorry to involve you but what a mess. All of this to simply replace a visa that was already in the system!

Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:59 pm

Much to do about nothing..in the States it takes 10 years to get a green card..so what is one or two weeks delay..big deal...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:49 pm

A friend of mine from the Phillipines got hers in 2 years and her daughters..
Depends on your immigration lawyer, some are better than others.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by RichD Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:51 pm

brigitte wrote:...in the States it takes 10 years to get a green card.

Total BS ma'am. My now ex-wife entered the US, got her "green" card in several months, and was a US citizen in less than four years from entering in Juarez.

I had no lawyer as the forms are fill in the blanks and the instructions easier than what the IRS supplies.
RichD
RichD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:35 pm

She got a green card because she got married to you. Have you tired to get a green card without marrying a US citizen? Obviously not.
Took me a whole lot more than a few months as well and meanwhile you cannot leave the country and I was marrying a US citizen and that was more than 40 years ago..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RichD Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:25 pm

brigitte wrote:She got a green card because she got married to you. Have you tired to get a green card without marrying a US citizen? Obviously not.
Took me a whole lot more than a few months as well and meanwhile you cannot leave the country and I was marrying a US citizen and that was more than 40 years ago..

RichD
RichD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sallys other sister Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:58 pm

RichD wrote:
Intercasa wrote:...to make him look like he is a favorite with foreigners... 

I have lived now three months in Chapala Centro and walk by the Municipal daily. I have no idea who he is, his name, or what he looks like. How can he be a favorite of mine?
Maybe you should stop in and introduce yourself, you probably walk by his office everyday if you go to the Malecon  .
sallys other sister
sallys other sister
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:09 pm

Yes 40 years ago was a lot easier. I have been told about the 5 to 10 years by US official last year so things have not improved richard D.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RichD Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:30 pm

sallys other sister wrote:Maybe you should stop in and introduce yourself, you probably walk by his office everyday if you go to the Malecon  .

I can't vote, so I am not a constituent of his, i.e. me vale.
RichD
RichD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down