INSIDE LAKESIDE
Log In or Register

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Cohetes in Riberas today

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cohetes in Riberas today

Post by annied on Wed May 03, 2017 12:06 pm

Anyone know why we have cohetes today in Riberas? The only other time I've heard them here was on new years eve.
avatar
annied
Senior member
Senior member

Posts : 57
Join date : 2014-09-30
Age : 62
Location : Riberas del Pilar, Jalisco
Humor : Easily amused

Back to top Go down

Re: Cohetes in Riberas today

Post by ferret on Wed May 03, 2017 12:17 pm

Labour Day... guess they arrived late. They're so loud that I swear they're setting them off on my roof. My dogs aren't pleased but at least they're not scared to death like others I know.
avatar
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 3502
Join date : 2010-05-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Cohetes in Riberas today

Post by Clete on Wed May 03, 2017 12:22 pm

ferret wrote:Labour Day... guess they arrived late. They're so loud that I swear they're setting them off on my roof. My dogs aren't pleased but at least they're not scared to death like others I know.

No, not Labor Day. Try Dìa de la Santa Cruz honoring construction workers, more specifically, los albañiles.

Clete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 450
Join date : 2015-09-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Cohetes in Riberas today

Post by Trailrunner on Wed May 03, 2017 12:54 pm

The cohetes are coming from SAT. There will be a fiesta in front of my house tonight because there is a cross shrine next door. I'm outta here.
avatar
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4425
Join date : 2011-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Cohetes in Riberas today

Post by ferret on Wed May 03, 2017 1:07 pm

Clete wrote:
ferret wrote:Labour Day... guess they arrived late. They're so loud that I swear they're setting them off on my roof. My dogs aren't pleased but at least they're not scared to death like others I know.

No, not Labor Day. Try Dìa de la Santa Cruz honoring construction workers, more specifically, los albañiles.

Thanks for the correction... now if I had a hammer....
avatar
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 3502
Join date : 2010-05-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Cohetes in Riberas today

Post by David on Wed May 03, 2017 3:14 pm

Dia de la Cruz is May 6!
avatar
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4835
Join date : 2010-04-05
Location : Ajijic
Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Re: Cohetes in Riberas today

Post by Clete on Wed May 03, 2017 3:21 pm

David wrote:Dia de la Cruz is May 6!

If you say so!

http://www.milenio.com/cultura/dia_del_albanil-santa_cruz-3_de_mayo-por_que-milenio-noticias_0_949705166.html

Clete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 450
Join date : 2015-09-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Cohetes in Riberas today

Post by David on Wed May 03, 2017 4:31 pm

I stand corrected!
avatar
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4835
Join date : 2010-04-05
Location : Ajijic
Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Re: Cohetes in Riberas today

Post by suegarn on Wed May 03, 2017 5:12 pm

The cohetes are firing off fast and furious out past West Ajijic as well! flag waver

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 548
Join date : 2013-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Cohetes in Riberas today

Post by CanuckBob on Wed May 03, 2017 7:10 pm

It's funny how there are so few cohetes being fired now a days that when there are a few everyone is wondering what's going on. When I first moved into Ajijic village 5 years ago people would wonder why they didn't hear any cohetes on any given day (or night).

_________________
Vacation Rentals
www.casadecomo.webs.com
avatar
CanuckBob
Humble Administrator
Humble Administrator

Posts : 12933
Join date : 2010-04-04
Age : 53
Location : Lake Chapala (from Vancouver)
Humor : Sick and twisted

http://Www.casadecomo.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Cohetes in Riberas today

Post by suegarn on Wed May 03, 2017 8:23 pm

CanuckBob wrote:It's funny how there are so few cohetes being fired now a days that when there are a few everyone is wondering what's going on. When I first moved into Ajijic village 5 years ago people would wonder why they didn't hear any cohetes on any given day (or night).

Probably because they're getting more expensive, so the guys that used to fire them off 24/7 for no reason at all, can't afford to do that as much! Beer

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 548
Join date : 2013-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Cohetes in Riberas today

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum