INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

apostille: necessary, advisable, or...?

5 posters

Go down

apostille: necessary, advisable, or...? Empty apostille: necessary, advisable, or...?

Post by jackv Thu May 18, 2017 2:40 pm

Is there compelling reason to get apostilles for birth certificate, divorce decree, living will, or revocable trust (all assets in the US)? I've encountered conflicting advice on that.

Thanks.

jackv

Back to top Go down

apostille: necessary, advisable, or...? Empty Re: apostille: necessary, advisable, or...?

Post by brigitte Thu May 18, 2017 3:32 pm

Get them when asked for them.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

apostille: necessary, advisable, or...? Empty Re: apostille: necessary, advisable, or...?

Post by Intercasa Thu May 18, 2017 8:24 pm

Cheapest and easiest to get them done before you come as they can be needed and if you use US mail it is cheaper than needing items and having to send international fedex.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu May 18, 2017 9:23 pm

When I went for citizenship I had to have an apostilled birth certificate that was less than 3 months old so getting one ahead was a waste of time...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clete Thu May 18, 2017 9:38 pm

brigitte wrote:When I went for citizenship I had to have an apostilled birth certificate that was less than 3 months old so getting one ahead was a waste of time...

and money.

Clete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jackv Fri May 19, 2017 8:49 am

Thanks to all for the replies. I never would have thought apostilles needed to be 'fresh.' Good to know, just in case. Thanks again.

jackv

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri May 19, 2017 5:18 pm

The only time fresh is citizenship, for IMSS, property transfers, marriage, divorce, probate, having kids, etc. it doesnt need to be fresh and will be a fraction of the cost if you can get all docs at your leisure in the US instead of having pressure and international fedex fees in Mexico
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Clete Fri May 19, 2017 6:03 pm

Sounds like "fresh" is required for a whole lot of important matters.

Clete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri May 19, 2017 6:26 pm

Intercasa wrote:The only time fresh is citizenship, for IMSS, property transfers, marriage, divorce, probate, having kids, etc. it doesnt need to be fresh and will be a fraction of the cost if you can get all docs at your leisure in the US instead of having pressure and international fedex fees in Mexico

Good to know, thanks!
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down