INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish this sentence

+14
jrm30655
slainte39
texasgirl
gvprod
Intercasa
Trailrunner
gringal
MexicoPete
suegarn
Axixic
Lakesider
Lady Otter Latté
brigitte
Clueless
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Finish this sentence   - Page 2 Empty Re: Finish this sentence

Post by texasgirl Fri May 26, 2017 7:20 pm

Gringal, You are slightly correct. In the Middle East jihadists attack other Muslim sects who they do not agree with. They also killed off most of the Christians. Women who have been unfaithful to the husband get killed publically. Gays who are caught get killed. In Isreal ( as well as Holland, France, Belguim), they attack Jews. In Europe and U.K. they attack all infidels like they do in the U.S.A. They also kill other Muslims who they think are too outspoken about terrorism. The last group is a personal target. Honor killings are a family affair.

texasgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Fri May 26, 2017 7:57 pm

There is a difference between being prejudice and being realistic.

When Truman ordered the first A-bomb dropped there was no question there would be innocents killed; same for Nagasaki (which was an alternate target). Innocents were again killed.

However, after the second bomb was dropped, the war ended within days and be estimates, over 1,000,000 allied lives were saved.

At our borders, we have to be politically correct; search grandmothers in wheelchairs and wearing diapers.

We can't racially profile. How many radicalized terrorists have come from Canada, Mexico, Peru, Cuba, Jamaica, Holland, etc?

And I am not unmindful that the 442nd. Infantry Battalion was the most decorated unit, per capita, in WWII. But that was, and "The Great War" were different, we knew our enemies. They wore uniforms and for the most part, followed the rules of the Geneva Convention.

"He who thinks makes others think."

As to my finishing the sentence -- - - I'll pass in responding.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri May 26, 2017 8:06 pm

They have terrorists in Holland from Holand.. same in Belgium, Germany, France, Spain England etc...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Fri May 26, 2017 10:35 pm

brigitte wrote:They have terrorists in Holland from Holand.. same in Belgium, Germany, France, Spain England etc...

Yes, to some degree you are correct Bridgett.

One of the things I think/feel is that we have to look at the demographics of the terrorists and see if there is/are some common denominator(s).

Timothy McVey wasn't a terrorist; this "agenda" was against the government and based on frustrations with "the system." of course his way, that killed innocents, was not in any way acceptable, yet it was not based on any motive other than getting back at the covernment.

Looking at the terrorist activities around the World, can anyone point out any common denominators? Is there any profile that the majority of the terrorists would fit in? This is simply a question for consideration.

If we find a common denominator, what should be done, or can be done?
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat May 27, 2017 9:06 am

Islam is a religion not a race , not a nationality so how to you plan to sort out Moslems? Of course you would have to start with Europe where those guys come from now so good luck with that..
May be you should extend the wall to have it surround the US alltogether... Very Happy

There are more murders via guns , cars and accidents in the US than by terrrism so what are you worrying about? What are you doing about that?

You are older and you are going to die one way or another, enjoy life and forget the terrorists.. I am going home to Paris in a couple of months and it is exactly what I am going to do.. Enjoy the city, the food and my family and my Moslem friends, if someone blows me up..that is life..

And no it is not true that Paris is dirty, it is the cleanest it has been iever..Yes we have a lot of Moslems and that improve the food and the music so relax..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter LattĂ© Sat May 27, 2017 9:35 am

Thank you, Brigette. You always are the voice of sanity.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat May 27, 2017 9:38 am

Well said, Brigitte.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by texasgirl Sat May 27, 2017 12:16 pm

If they profiled on 9/11 we would have 3000 people alive. Racial profiling is sometimes necessary. Bush did not want to hurt their feelings. After all they can get testy. Whether they are born in Europe or what ever, they do what they do. 30,000 Jihad attacks in 67 countries in 15 years were done by young Mid Eastern and African men. Parts of Paris is a hellhole now as some of the towns in the south. Get out your huggie bears and join the next event. Don't forget to bring flowers. Everytime there is an attack there is a sing a long. After all it's the religion of peace. Hug a Muslim and apologize, and then it will stop. Do not offend them. Remember the Islamic State has nothing to do with Islam. It's all about jobs. Barack told me.

texasgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter LattĂ© Sat May 27, 2017 1:22 pm

As I said, thank Brigette for her voice of (badly needed) sanity.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat May 27, 2017 7:17 pm

texasgirl wrote:If they profiled on 9/11 we would have 3000 people alive. Racial profiling is sometimes necessary. Bush did not want to hurt their feelings. After all they can get testy. Whether they are born in Europe or what ever, they do what they do. 30,000 Jihad attacks in 67 countries in 15 years were done by young Mid Eastern and African men. Parts of Paris is a hellhole now as some of the towns in the south. Get out your huggie bears and join the next event. Don't forget to bring flowers. Everytime there is an attack there is a sing a long. After all it's the religion of peace. Hug a Muslim and apologize, and then it will stop. Do not offend them. Remember the Islamic State has nothing to do with Islam. It's all about jobs. Barack told me.

Bastalol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Sat May 27, 2017 8:26 pm

Texas girl; I hope you're around a while. Nice to read someone who takes off the glives of political correctness and calls it as he/she sees it.

IMO the terrorism will never end, for sure not in my lifetime since I turned 78 yesterday.

IMO, it will end when either the nut case in N. Korea or some terrorist group uses a nuclear weapon.

Einstein said it best:

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

I also take the "advice of Brigitte and try to live each day to the fullest, not step on toes yet stand up for what I believe.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by texasgirl Sat May 27, 2017 11:46 pm

Fun fact: The U.K. bomber was in Libya for three weeks before the attack. He was also on the watch list. Maybe U.K. should have a travel ban. That would be racist. I read today that Europe needs to let in more Muslims so they won't get mad and turn to terrorism. But terrorism has nothing to do with Islam. They convinced me. The more I read MSN the more i see just how bigoted i am. We need to follow the path of the U.K. The more the merrier. They say Islam will dominate. Maybe that is good. We need to get rid of white men. They are the true terrorists. I read it in the New York Times.

texasgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Sun May 28, 2017 6:09 am

IMO, in every situation in life, we must deal with realities, not how we wish it were, but how it is today.

In the military there is a saying: "It may be necessary to sacrifice a few to save many."

In WWII there were many "suicide missions," where there was little chance of return, but the result, when successful, saved countless lives.

In the situation of terrorism, there are no easy answers and less "easy" solutions.

Remember, there are lessons to be learned from history, and those who do not learn from history are condemned to repeat it.

Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun May 28, 2017 9:13 am

The biggest ennemy of the US and the promoter of terrorism through financing their type of Islam is Arabie Saoudite and Trump is kissing their butt and is arming them to fight the Shiites who are way down on the list of the jihadists and are fighting the Sunnis... The Jihadists are mostly wahabi Sunnsi and the US is playing nice with them ..." follow" the money as Gringal likes to say..  
As long as Petroleum and money leads the words there will be problems and big ones.. The US is basically helping the sect that finance the terrorists stamp out the moderate Islam so good luck to all of us..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clete Sun May 28, 2017 10:27 am

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2017/05/horrific_scene_unfolds_on_max.html

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/12/09/us/dylann-roof-trial-charleston-video/

there are many more but unfortunately they don't seem to register with white christian America. Clueless himself refuses to accept this a@@hole* as a terrorist. He apparently either doesn't know or cares to ignore (like many of his peers) the definition of terrorism.

"terrorism: the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes."

* http://www.businessinsider.com/20-years-after-the-oklahoma-city-bombing-timothy-mcveigh-remains-the-only-terrorist-executed-by-us-2015-4

Clete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Sun May 28, 2017 11:29 am

I actually do and have known the definition of terrorism and a terrorist. The "problem" is one of semantics; the media has labeled many of those who do the mass killings as "terrorists," as has the government.

What label would you put on these people?

I also noticed something in a news story today where another of these mass murderers was called a "White Supremacist" and no one has challenged that, however using the term "Radical (fn 1) Muslims" seems to be a non-no. Why is that.

fn 1 Radical: "advocating or based on thorough or complete political or social change; representing or supporting an extreme or progressive section of a political party."
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter LattĂ© Sun May 28, 2017 11:54 am

brigitte wrote:The biggest ennemy of the US and the promoter of terrorism through financing their type of Islam is Arabie Saoudite and Trump is kissing their butt and is arming them to fight the Shiites who are way down on the list of the jihadists and are fighting the Sunnis... The Jihadists are mostly wahabi Sunnsi and the US is playing nice with them ..." follow" the money as Gringal likes to say..  
As long as Petroleum and money leads the words there will be problems and big ones.. The US is basically helping the sect that finance the terrorists stamp out the moderate Islam so good luck to all of us..

Here is more on this topic.
http://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/05/28/fareeds-take-saudi-arabia-terrorism.cnn
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun May 28, 2017 1:12 pm

Fareed calls that one right .. those guys financed the 9/11 in a round about way.. That regime is totally corrupt an fragile and those princes and kings could be deposed in one second...
Meanwhile Iran is responsable for terrorism in the Middle East against the Sunnis but they are leaving the West alone more or less...
The Sunnis are the ones supporting the Wahabism... so go figure..nothing makes any .

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mtech1950 Sun May 28, 2017 3:59 pm

eventually, radical islamist terrorists will push the civilized world over the edge, then will begin the new crusades.

mtech1950

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun May 28, 2017 5:36 pm

The problem is that the situation will be very different. The Moslems took over the Holy land and the Pope called for crusades to go and get the infidels out of the Holy land.
The way it is now is that the terrorists are living in Europe and are Europeans and are underground so how do you fight them. They have no regard for life including their own. How do you spot and stop people who are willing to blow themselves up?
Meanwhile the US and the Europeans are blowing up innocent moslems by getting themselves into one way or another of the religious wars that are going on in the Middle East fueling the resentment, the hate and the fear that the West is out to destroy Islam.
Israel is in the middle of that mess adding another dimension to the problem as well.. this mess is not about to end soon.
Everyone in the Middle East or in Europe cannot be wiped out so this mess will go on and on with calm periods and all out war. I is pretty sad for humanity really..
Isis may be eliminated but other groups will form..The crusade times was the easy period..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mtech1950 Sun May 28, 2017 5:54 pm

the civilized world will identify the uncivilized world and begin to reduce their numbers.

mtech1950

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun May 28, 2017 6:15 pm

well good luck to the civilized and uncivilized.. the number will be reduced on both sides and then what?

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun May 28, 2017 6:23 pm

The side with the most guns wins?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mtech1950 Sun May 28, 2017 7:12 pm

not necessarily, the most dedication

mtech1950

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun May 28, 2017 7:14 pm

Trailrunner wrote:The side with the most guns wins?

Then I sure hope that someone has the ammunition under lock and key. Someone once said that world war 3 will be nuclear and world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones. Let's face it, human beings are a disgrace.

http://www.tomdispatch.com/post/176288/tomgram%3A_engelhardt%2C_thank_you%2C_donald/#more
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun May 28, 2017 11:17 pm

That 100 billion dollar US arms deal with the Arabs is certain to smooth things out over there............. Beer

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next