INSIDE LAKESIDE
Log In or Register

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Anita's Animals - there has been a change. Please help.

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anita's Animals - there has been a change. Please help.

Post by blabbyabbey on Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:16 pm

The animals of Anita’s sanctuary in San Juan Cosala desperately need your help. Many of you may be familiar with Anita’s Animals which is a dog and cat rescue located on the mountainside of SJC. Anita, the founder has spent most of her life rescuing animals in the Lake Chapala area. Anita’s health now prevents her from attending to her life’s work and she has left Mexico. I am part of a transition team who is working on saving the 70+ dogs and 80+ cats that reside at the sanctuary. The team’s goal is to restructure the organization, build its finances and overhaul the premises so that the homeless and helpless animals of Lakeside can thrive and find safe and loving homes.
This will take several months or longer to accomplish. In the meantime, the animals are in desperate need of food and vet care. The transition team will be at the Wednesday Tianguis in Ajijic to accept donations of food and money and will have a volunteer sign up sheet. Please spread the word. Wednesday June 7th we are collecting donations of food and money to save the animals living at Anita’s Sanctuary. Your help is so greatly appreciated.

The community can purchase dog/cat food at the Riberas Lakeside friends of the animals pet food/shelter and it will be held for pick up.

blabbyabbey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 82
Join date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Anita's Animals - there has been a change. Please help.

Post by kipissippi on Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:35 am

I'm so sorry to hear that. She must be in bad shape to leave the animals. Hope it all goes well and Anita... where ever you are...thank you for your many years of work and caring.
avatar
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1726
Join date : 2010-04-04
Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Re: Anita's Animals - there has been a change. Please help.

Post by espíritu del lago on Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:40 am

WOW.. Vey sad. She is a wonderful person. That's a major loss for the community,.
avatar
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 3821
Join date : 2010-04-05
Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Re: Anita's Animals - there has been a change. Please help.

Post by Trailrunner on Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:47 am

This is very sad news but bravo to the people who have stepped in. I'll bring some food out there tomorrow. I put it on my FB page and have a few friends who are donating to my paypal account, I'll take that over to them too.

I hope they can get it sustainable.
avatar
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4741
Join date : 2011-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Anita's Animals - there has been a change. Please help.

Post by CanuckBob on Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:55 am

Does Anita own the property or is this a lease? I am just wondering if it has to be relocated or can it be sustained at the current location?

I moved this to the "mirador" where it will get a little more airplay.

_________________
Vacation Rentals
www.casadecomo.webs.com
avatar
CanuckBob
Humble Administrator
Humble Administrator

Posts : 13251
Join date : 2010-04-04
Age : 54
Location : Lake Chapala (from Vancouver)
Humor : Sick and twisted

http://Www.casadecomo.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Anita's Animals - there has been a change. Please help.

Post by blabbyabbey on Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:54 am

CanuckBob wrote:Does Anita own the property or is this a lease? I am just wondering if it has to be relocated or can it be sustained at the current location?

I moved this to the "mirador" where it will get a little more airplay.

The shelter will remain where it is. What is so desperately needed now is money to pay wages for the local staff and food/medical care for the animals. For food the shelter in Riberas is the fastest way possible to help feed them all. No need to worry about driving out to san juan- someone will pick it up at the shelter and take it out there. Please do not use the old anitals animals paypal account at this time. A new site and paypal is being set up. Cash can be donated today at the Ajijic Tianguis. Thank you Bob for moving this to the mirador section. These poor animals need the help now. i fully trust that the new transition team will do a fantastic job for these animals. I would like to thank the lakeside community for caring.

blabbyabbey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 82
Join date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Anita's Animals - there has been a change. Please help.

Post by espíritu del lago on Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:17 am

blabbyabbey wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:Does Anita own the property or is this a lease? I am just wondering if it has to be relocated or can it be sustained at the current location?

I moved this to the "mirador" where it will get a little more airplay.

The shelter will remain where it is. What is so desperately needed now is money to pay wages for the local staff and food/medical care for the animals. For food the shelter in Riberas is the fastest way possible to help feed them all. No need to worry about driving out to san juan- someone will pick it up at the shelter and take it out there.
Please do not use the old anitals animals paypal account at this time. A new site and paypal is being set up. Cash can be donated today at the Ajijic Tianguis.
Thank you Bob for moving this to the mirador section. These poor animals need the help now. i fully trust that the new transition team will do a fantastic job for these animals. I would like to thank the lakeside community for caring.
---------------------------------

Bolded for emphasis.
avatar
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 3821
Join date : 2010-04-05
Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Re: Anita's Animals - there has been a change. Please help.

Post by espíritu del lago on Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:22 am

Blabbyabbey wrote:

"For food the shelter in Riberas is the fastest way possible to help feed them all. No need to worry about driving out to san juan- someone will pick it up at the shelter and take it out there."
avatar
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 3821
Join date : 2010-04-05
Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Re: Anita's Animals - there has been a change. Please help.

Post by Carry Bean on Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:47 pm

I donated an today at the tianguis. Thanks for stepping up to help. All the best to Anita

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1721
Join date : 2010-04-05
Location : Riberas

Back to top Go down

Re: Anita's Animals - there has been a change. Please help.

Post by beener on Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:34 pm

I missed Anitas donation site at the Tianguis, guess I'm a little short sighted.
Would be an honor to donate some cash to a worthy worthy cause.
A friend is willing to drive to the San Juan Cosala location, what are the hours of operation?

beener
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 14
Join date : 2013-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Anita's Animals - there has been a change. Please help.

Post by blabbyabbey on Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:53 pm

beener wrote:I missed Anitas donation site at the Tianguis, guess I'm a little short sighted.
Would be an honor to donate some cash to a worthy worthy cause.
A friend is willing to drive to  the San Juan Cosala location, what are the hours of operation?


I have just requested that info and will post as soon as I find out. Thank you.

blabbyabbey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 82
Join date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Anita's Animals - there has been a change. Please help.

Post by blabbyabbey on Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:54 pm

Carry Bean wrote:I donated an today at the tianguis.  Thanks for stepping up to help.  All the best to Anita


Thank you for caring.

blabbyabbey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 82
Join date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Anita's Animals - there has been a change. Please help.

Post by solajijic on Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:56 pm

Isn't here some reasonable way to have this effort combine with another existing effort so resources are not spread so thin.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 548
Join date : 2011-03-24
Location : Ajijic November 2004
Humor : “The game of history is usually played by the best and the worst over the heads of the majority in the middle.”

Back to top Go down

Re: Anita's Animals - there has been a change. Please help.

Post by blabbyabbey on Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:04 pm

solajijic wrote:Isn't here some reasonable way to have this effort combine with another existing effort  so resources are not spread so thin.  


I am sure that when this new transition team deals with the current issues they will deal with future plans. Right now they are concerned with paying the existing staff/medical care and food for all the animals that are there. Thank you.

blabbyabbey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 82
Join date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Anita's Animals - there has been a change. Please help.

Post by blabbyabbey on Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:05 pm

espíritu del lago wrote:Blabbyabbey wrote:

"For food the shelter in Riberas is the fastest way possible to help feed them all. No need to worry about driving out to san juan- someone will pick it up at the shelter and take it out there."

Thanks Espiritu

blabbyabbey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 82
Join date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Anita's Animals - there has been a change. Please help.

Post by Trailrunner on Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:30 pm

blabbyabbey wrote:
beener wrote:I missed Anitas donation site at the Tianguis, guess I'm a little short sighted.
Would be an honor to donate some cash to a worthy worthy cause.
A friend is willing to drive to  the San Juan Cosala location, what are the hours of operation?


I have just requested that info and will post as soon as I find out. Thank you.

Thanks for all the info, Blabbyabby, muy amable.

I plan to drive out there around 10 or 11 tomorrow, they will surely be open at that time. She was pretty much always open, except for a couple of hours in the afternoon when she took a break. I will bring money and not food. I hope other donations are coming in too.
avatar
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4741
Join date : 2011-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Anita's Animals - there has been a change. Please help.

Post by blabbyabbey on Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:19 pm

Trailrunner wrote:
blabbyabbey wrote:
beener wrote:I missed Anitas donation site at the Tianguis, guess I'm a little short sighted.
Would be an honor to donate some cash to a worthy worthy cause.
A friend is willing to drive to  the San Juan Cosala location, what are the hours of operation?


I have just requested that info and will post as soon as I find out. Thank you.

Thanks for all the info, Blabbyabby, muy amable.

I plan to drive out there around 10 or 11 tomorrow, they will surely be open at that time. She was pretty much always open, except for a couple of hours in the afternoon when she took a break. I will bring money and not food. I hope other donations are coming in too.

The woman heading the transition team will be there tomorrow - her name is Jan - thank you for caring.

blabbyabbey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 82
Join date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Anita's Animals - there has been a change. Please help.

Post by SunFan on Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:30 pm

As I write I'm staring at this Beagle-like thing that came our way as an "animal rescue".

She's certainly become part of our family. My only fear is I'm the one who's replaceable. She doesn't argue as much as I do, never disagrees and responds well to belly rubs.

We'll get a donation out A.S.A.P.

Long Live Anita!

SunFan
avatar
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 687
Join date : 2011-09-11
Age : 70
Location : San Antonio Tlayacapan - Upper Chula Vista
Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Re: Anita's Animals - there has been a change. Please help.

Post by Clueless on Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:27 am

I need to know a couple of things since I can often get donations from U.S. companies. Please tell me:

1. Is the shelter set up in any way that a donation from a U.S. company can deduct the money as a charitable donation?

2. Can you deposit a check from a U.S. company into some account where you will get it?

3. What is the official name of the shelter? I ask this since I found out the hard way that the banks here are VERY picky on how checks are made.

You can PM me if you want.

Thanks.
avatar
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1020
Join date : 2014-07-31
Location : Where the wodvine twinith.

Back to top Go down

Re: Anita's Animals - there has been a change. Please help.

Post by Flamingo on Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:52 am

Here is an update posted by a long time Anita's volunteer on TOB:

 
Anita's original / olde website will be taken down.  This  will also  stop   access to making a donation  to that associated  olde PayPal account.

The olde PayPal account had some "remaining money" that had not be used by Anita.  This money and the 4 donations that were received today  to the  olde PP account have already been moved to Anita's bank account. This money can [ only ] be accessed by Anita's daughter, Edelweiss who will then give that $ to the transition team as they are assuming responsibility for the care of Anita's animals and the associated expenses. An e-mail was sent to the transition team to outline how much money, etc.. this involves.        Anita had given PP cash  to a "pre-transition team person"  to pay expense in her absence - there is a balance of this money. This money will be turned over to the transition team also , to help pay for this week's  shelter expenses and salaries. 

As to wild rumor that are flying around  on other posting sites - Anita is not sick, she is not dying - certainly not  any more than any of us   dying, who are reading the postings  being written or being read and  circulated concerning   her health.  She made a decision to return to her own homeland for her own personal reasons, and possibly have hip replacement surgery while she is home.   It is not beneficial or constructive to  have so many  'chicken little - henny penny ' posting, stories etc.. circulating in our community  or webboards..      The concern  and   focus should be on the care of the animals at Anita's shelter.
avatar
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1477
Join date : 2011-10-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Anita's Animals - there has been a change. Please help.

Post by Trailrunner on Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:49 pm

I went out today and gave Laura a few thousand pesos I collected on FB from friends. She was grateful and looked scared or maybe stressed.

The place is clean and just the way it was when Anita was here, the dogs are clean, happy, active and healthy looking. Holding good thoughts for the future. 

There are really some cute doggies out there!
avatar
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4741
Join date : 2011-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Anita's Animals - there has been a change. Please help.

Post by Clueless on Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:22 pm

I need to get in touch w/the transition people who know the technical details I asked above. I need to get this info. to a company making a check tomorrow.

Thanks.
avatar
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1020
Join date : 2014-07-31
Location : Where the wodvine twinith.

Back to top Go down

Re: Anita's Animals - there has been a change. Please help.

Post by blabbyabbey on Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:58 pm

Clueless wrote:I need to get in touch w/the transition people who know the technical details I asked above. I need to get this info. to a company making a check tomorrow.

Thanks.
Yes, your name and no. was given to Jan and I was just told she spoke to you. Hope all worked out.

blabbyabbey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 82
Join date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Anita's Animals - there has been a change. Please help.

Post by blabbyabbey on Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:03 pm

beener wrote:I missed Anitas donation site at the Tianguis, guess I'm a little short sighted.
Would be an honor to donate some cash to a worthy worthy cause.
A friend is willing to drive to  the San Juan Cosala location, what are the hours of operation?



I was just informed that the hours are 9-1 and 2 -4. It was suggested that no money be left at the shelter but be given to one of the transition team members at the Tianguis in Ajijic on Wed. I was told that they expect to have the new site with paypal up by this weekend. Will post when confirmed. Thank you for caring.

blabbyabbey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 82
Join date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Anita's Animals - there has been a change. Please help.

Post by Flamingo on Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:38 pm

Perhaps if the names of the transition team were listed, it would be a bit easier to donate. I know it doesn't give me a warm fuzzy to hand money to an unknown group of people I know nothing about.
avatar
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1477
Join date : 2011-10-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Anita's Animals - there has been a change. Please help.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum