INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Cancer Treatment

4 posters

Go down

New Cancer Treatment Empty New Cancer Treatment

Post by ferret Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:33 am

Phenomenal results!
https://ca.yahoo.com/style/new-cancer-drug-effective-tumors-fda-approved-immediately-164122959.html
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

New Cancer Treatment Empty Re: New Cancer Treatment

Post by Trailrunner Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:57 am

Wow, interesting. Maybe it's available here and already in use.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalamed Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:38 am

This is in a class of newer IMMUNOTHERAPY DRUGS. This particular one is not available here in Mexico yet but another one that is really promising as well is, PERJETA (PERTUZUMAB).

I spoke with a family member's oncologist in the U.S. and he has had patients on this therapy with a very good quality of life and survival rate of >4 years.

I then spoke with my GO-TO Oncologist here in Mexico and it is also available here BUT it it is not yet available un the PUBLIC HEALTHCARE System.

The price tag in the U.S. for it alone (and it's part of a cocktail) is $4500.oo USD.

Here it is at least $40,0000 MXN pesos

The infusion is every 3 weeks and the therapy is a "DOSE-RESPONSE" and it may take for more than 1-2 years to work.

The SIDE EFFECTS of these newer Immuno drugs are very well tolerated(as I personally saw with my family member).

So, although it is a great medication, it may be quite expensive if you don't have insurance to cover it in the U.S. or here in Mexico and/or SEGURO POPULAR/IMSS.
Chapalamed
Chapalamed
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:55 am

If I get cancer, I'm going to be taking Cannabis Oil for it or I'm just gonna check out early.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:39 am

Thanks for the info, Dr. Santiago, very interesting. But, as usual in the states, it is cost prohibitive.

Lucky for me, I'm with Ferret! I have seen too much success with cannabinoids as an anti tumoral that it is the only way I'd go.

In case you are not onboard with this, here is a nice video explaining it all from a very credible source. There is WAY more on the internet if you want more info. Interested in your thoughts on the subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1miGzTwK28U
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:17 pm

Thank you Dr. Santiago, and others. I have had recent experience with Seguro Popular, which will eventually require minor surgery. My expectations have been exceeded. My new Seguro Popular Dra is bilingual, and has taken additional training in Palliative Care. Like I say, a great reason to learn Spanish (to possibly save your life - that's a motivation isn't it?) and locally, and in Guadalajara Seguro Popular seems to work. I wanted to point this out because you have mentioned that your Mother was treated for cancer at the Civil Hospital (Seguro Popular) and that you were satisfied as to level, and the quality of care.

The head of the D.E.A. has given medical cannabis a kiss of death with four words -"Cannabis is not a medicine". Although he acknowledged that in one particular area, childhood epilepsy, that there were indications that this was worthy of more investigation (to their standards, which coincidentally are the same as Big Pharma).

I also wanted to add, that the proper treatment of cancer with cannabis does not only involve a cannabis variety specifically targeted for your body/symptoms, but also nutrition, exercise and possibly lifestyle changes. Unfortunately, at this time in Mexico, experienced individuals/health care workers, and the multiple strains of medical cannabis are mostly non-existent. The poorer locals and country dwellers often self medicate with this brown liquid, which is a mixture of cannabis and peyote. Every Abuela/Grandma has a bottle hidden away. That, and the power of prayer, seems to be their miracle cure.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:21 pm

Sorry - I believe it was the F.D.A., not the D.E.A.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:10 pm

The FDA is more interested in selling very expensive pharmaceuticals to those who are clutching at straws. Follow.the.money.

The FDA may as well stand for F%$K Dem Americans. There's LOTS of research being done elsewhere in the world... including Canada and Israel.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:17 am

[quote="ferret"There's LOTS of research being done elsewhere in the world[/quote]

Tee hee - lots of research going on locally too, on patios and miradors, watching the sunset, before going in to try to find something watchable on Netflix.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:24 pm

Golly gee... what a waste... unless, of course, they'll be publishing peer reviewed research studies.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down