INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Deportation question

Go down

Deportation question

Post by Flamingo on Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:03 pm

I'd like to know if (hypothetically speaking) I were to call INM and say, "so-and-so is here on an expired tourist visa" would they go to all the trouble to track down the person and deport them, based on that information alone?

I'm asking this because a friend of a friend appears to have been deported due to an expired tourist visa.
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Re: Deportation question

Post by CanuckBob on Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:27 am

They may. The process could be expedited with a few pesos to the right person. I would imagine the INM would be quite happy to punt some illegals back to the north.

Providing a picture and an address would be a slam dunk.......

CanuckBob
Humble Administrator
Humble Administrator

Humor : Sick and twisted

http://Www.casadecomo.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN on Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:46 pm

Well, we all know times have changed over the past six months. Maybe there is more animosity now among INM. Anyways, the procedure would not be a deportation, which takes many months and requires following an international agreed upon protocol. There would be a voluntary departure order which the individual agrees to leave the country, and can apply again in a few years appealing the INM to reconsider.
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob on Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:54 pm

In Australia they round you up, put you in a detention center and either have you fork over the cash for a ticket home or call your relative to send the money. You are detained until you are on the plane. Why would Mexico be much different unless you applied for some sort of refugee status???

CanuckBob
Humble Administrator
Humble Administrator

Humor : Sick and twisted

http://Www.casadecomo.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner on Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:03 pm

When I was living in Sayulita, my next door neighbor got deported. In his wheelchair. We all cleaned out his house, fed his dog and landlord gave his things of value to his best friend. They plucked him straight off the plaza, I think he was smoking a joint.

They flew him to DF where he was detained until they could sort out his flight back to Tahiti which was his passport of origin. He had no money, I believe MX paid for the flight. I have heard since that has returned.
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clete on Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:43 pm

CHILLIN wrote:Well, we all know times have changed over the past six months. Maybe there is more animosity now among INM. Anyways, the procedure would not be a deportation, which takes many months and requires following an international agreed upon protocol. There would be a voluntary departure order which the individual agrees to leave the country, and can apply again in a few years appealing the INM to reconsider.

Tell us exactly what has changed in the past 6 months regarding immigration law and procedures in this country. And the part about international protocol is pure bunk.

Clete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw on Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:55 pm

Clete wrote:
CHILLIN wrote:Well, we all know times have changed over the past six months. Maybe there is more animosity now among INM. Anyways, the procedure would not be a deportation, which takes many months and requires following an international agreed upon protocol. There would be a voluntary departure order which the individual agrees to leave the country, and can apply again in a few years appealing the INM to reconsider.

Tell us exactly what has changed in the past 6 months regarding immigration law and procedures in this country. And the part about international protocol is pure bunk.

Donald Trump
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clete on Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:06 pm

martygraw wrote:
Clete wrote:

Donald Trump

Trump has had no effect on immigration policy in this country. Whether his policies on immigration or other issues bring about any change remains to be seen. Like in many things here, foreigners hold an americentric point of view.  But immigration policy here isn't solely based on gringo retirees. The world is much bigger.

Clete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN on Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:25 am

United Nations is bunk? I think INM may have been more lenient in the past with overstays, I mean they are not harming anyone, or costing any pesos, but the bureaucratic climate has definitely changed. Like in many things here, foreigners hold onto an americentric bubble of denial. That some how if you call the U.S. or Canadian Consulate, everything will be sorted out.
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo on Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:29 am

The rest of the story. Turns out the gentleman in question had 'appropriated' a few items from someone he was staying with, and was deported
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clete on Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:20 pm

CHILLIN wrote:United Nations is bunk? I think INM may have been more lenient in the past with overstays, I mean they are not harming anyone, or costing any pesos, but the bureaucratic climate has definitely changed. Like in many things here, foreigners hold onto an americentric bubble of denial. That some how if you call the U.S. or Canadian Consulate, everything will be sorted out.

If you say so. But you really offer nothing that shows how the bureaucratic climate concerning immigration has changed. Have you actually had any dealings with the INM lately?

Clete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN on Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:52 pm

Not with INM, I'm done with them (pleasant experience), I did write bureaucratic environment. But driver's licenses, medical, City Hall, - there is definitely more impatience towards non-Spanish speakers, among Spanish only speakers. This is recent, in my opinion. It could be far worse however.
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 on Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:26 pm

Having lived here for almost a decade, I haven't seen any change in attitude. The people have always been warm and helpful and could sink a lot before they got to the average American level.

As far as deportations, I know of only a few and in almost all instances, they were criminals that the US was looking for.

I also know of a few that overstayed their visas and got a small fine ($25) when they went back NOB. I know of one that overstayed 2 years and just got a fine. He claimed that he had lost his visa stub but the computer got him. Computers are taking all the fun out of life..

A decade ago, things were a lot looser but when they went to the Temporal/Permanente system and started keeping track by computer, things seemed to tighten up. That was way before Trump was elected.

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down