INSIDE LAKESIDE
Log In or Register

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Looking for someone who can work on my Grandmother Clock

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Looking for someone who can work on my Grandmother Clock

Post by Sherman on Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:22 pm

There were 3 people lakeside who could work on a grandmother or grandfather clock .....
one died
one went back north
and the 3rd who is lakeside, I've now set up what appears to be 'fake' appointments,
so I'm looking for someone else.

I'm happy to pay for a reliable person to come from Guad. The key word is 'reliable".
The clock needs to be cleaned and adjusted. It was working fine and does not appear to need repair.

Any leads .... ???
You can post here or send me PM.

thanks!

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 421
Join date : 2010-08-18
Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for someone who can work on my Grandmother Clock

Post by mtech1950 on Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:38 pm

our vienna regulator also needs service, i'll watch this thread.....

mtech1950
Member
Member

Posts : 39
Join date : 2016-06-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for someone who can work on my Grandmother Clock

Post by slainte39 on Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:51 pm

I know you don't want to hear this, but
the only advice I can give you is........

Relojeria Omega.....Agustin Fuentes
Av Juarez No. 48
Guadalajara
tele 33-3613-4554

Haven't used him for a couple of years, but he really knows his business.....clocks.
Give him a call.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 6331
Join date : 2010-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for someone who can work on my Grandmother Clock

Post by Andreana on Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:10 pm

There is one in Jocotepec, Calle Degollado. It is not far from the plaza. If you follow Calle Allende and then turn left into Calle Degallado (not by car pls - one way street). Then on the right side. You have to pass some shops. The best is you ask there, because he is the last old watchmaker here lakeside. The shop, I believe, is only open from 11.00 to 2pm.

Andreana
Senior member
Senior member

Posts : 44
Join date : 2015-01-28
Location : Ajijic West
Humor : dry

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for someone who can work on my Grandmother Clock

Post by Sherman on Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:21 pm

Does anyone in the shop speak English?  If not, they will have to put up with my less than perfect Spanish?


slainte39 wrote:I know you don't want to hear this, but
the only advice I can give you is........

Relojeria Omega.....Agustin Fuentes
Av Juarez No. 48
Guadalajara
tele 33-3613-4554

Haven't used him for a couple of years, but he really knows his business.....clocks.
Give him a call.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 421
Join date : 2010-08-18
Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for someone who can work on my Grandmother Clock

Post by Sherman on Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:22 pm

Andreana wrote:There is one in Jocotepec, Calle Degollado. It is not far from the plaza. If you follow Calle Allende and then turn left into Calle Degallado (not by car pls - one way street). Then on the right side. You have to pass some shops. The best is you ask there, because he is the last old watchmaker here lakeside. The shop, I believe, is only open from 11.00 to 2pm.

thanks ....
I was concerned I would get no responses ... this is great.
S.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 421
Join date : 2010-08-18
Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for someone who can work on my Grandmother Clock

Post by Andreana on Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:37 pm

No he only speaks spanish and the shop does not look like a place for watches. He also sells other stuff. If you want I can come with you, but only on thursday possible.

Andreana
Senior member
Senior member

Posts : 44
Join date : 2015-01-28
Location : Ajijic West
Humor : dry

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for someone who can work on my Grandmother Clock

Post by slainte39 on Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:43 pm

Sherman wrote:Does anyone in the shop speak English?  If not, they will have to put up with my less than perfect Spanish?


slainte39 wrote:I know you don't want to hear this, but
the only advice I can give you is........

Relojeria Omega.....Agustin Fuentes
Av Juarez No. 48
Guadalajara
tele 33-3613-4554

Haven't used him for a couple of years, but he really knows his business.....clocks.
Give him a call.

Don't know as have only spoken Spanish with him.

When you call just say.....Disculpame, habla ingles? You will either get a "si" and you can proceed from there or a "no" and get someone to help you.
Jocotepec sounds like a closer solution if he can do the job. I'm sure this person I recommended can.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 6331
Join date : 2010-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for someone who can work on my Grandmother Clock

Post by CanuckBob on Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:13 am

There is a watch repair guy on the corner of Colon and 16 de Septiembre in Ajijic. He may be able to work on it.

_________________
Vacation Rentals
www.casadecomo.webs.com
avatar
CanuckBob
Humble Administrator
Humble Administrator

Posts : 12740
Join date : 2010-04-04
Age : 53
Location : Lake Chapala (from Vancouver)
Humor : Sick and twisted

http://Www.casadecomo.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for someone who can work on my Grandmother Clock

Post by gringal on Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:58 am

CanuckBob wrote:There is a watch repair guy on the corner of Colon and 16 de Septiembre in Ajijic. He may be able to work on it.

He's good, too. Ignore the clutter. He also has some really nice silver jewelry on sale there, and every watch battery you can think of.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 8702
Join date : 2010-04-09
Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Visiting the clock shop in Guad

Post by Sherman on Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:06 pm

gringal wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:There is a watch repair guy on the corner of Colon and 16 de Septiembre in Ajijic. He may be able to work on it.

He's good, too.  Ignore the clutter.  He also has some really nice silver jewelry on sale there, and every watch battery you can think of.

I tried the person in Ajijic ... lots of problems in getting appointments and him keeping appointments, so I give up. I'm going to Guad this week and will visit the clock shop. In person, I can manage my Espanol much better! If successful ... and that they will send someone lakeside, I'll post a note in case anyone else needs this service.

Thanks .... S.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 421
Join date : 2010-08-18
Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Grandmother/Grandfather Service and Repair / Guadalajara

Post by Sherman on Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:33 am

slainte39 wrote:
Sherman wrote:Does anyone in the shop speak English?  If not, they will have to put up with my less than perfect Spanish?


slainte39 wrote:I know you don't want to hear this, but
the only advice I can give you is........

Relojeria Omega.....Agustin Fuentes
Av Juarez No. 48
Guadalajara
tele 33-3613-4554

Haven't used him for a couple of years, but he really knows his business.....clocks.
Give him a call.

Don't know as have only spoken Spanish with him.

When you call just say.....Disculpame, habla ingles? You will either get a "si" and you can proceed from there or a "no" and get someone to help you.
Jocotepec sounds like a closer solution if he can do the job. I'm sure this person I recommended can.


HERE'S WHAT APPEARS TO BE CURRENT ...... 7/21/2017
Relojeria Omega
Jose Gomez Martinez, Technical Expert
Pedro Loza No. 315 S.H
Guadalajara
Tel 3614 2665
josegmzomega1@yahoo.com.mx

NO ENGLISH Spoken
Fortunately there was a bilingual customer, plus I had photos of my clock, repair work needed, etc.

Yesterday, I went to the address given above for Relojeria Omega ... with my GPS, I did not find a clock/watch shop at that Juatez address. But, I understand from Senior Gomez that there is a business in that area called Relojeria Timex and that is operated by Senior Fuentes. To find the new location of Relojeria Omega, I used the name of the company only for the GPS, excluding the Juarez address.

Mr. Gomez will come lakeside to pick up/work on grandmother/grandfather clocks, bring the workings to his shop for repair, etc.
For my situation, he is charging $7500mx which is more than I've ever paid in the 45 years I've had the clock ... but what else to do? Not much since I want the clock repaired/serviced.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 421
Join date : 2010-08-18
Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for someone who can work on my Grandmother Clock

Post by rvanparys Yesterday at 9:17 am

Better than the $300 USD for a cleaning NOB.

rvanparys
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 86
Join date : 2015-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for someone who can work on my Grandmother Clock

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum