INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dog Teeth Cleaning

+3
Flamingo
SunshineyDay
Blackforestgal
7 posters

Go down

Dog Teeth Cleaning Empty Dog Teeth Cleaning

Post by Blackforestgal Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:44 pm

Can anyone tell me how much it costs to have your dog's teeth cleaned from a vet in the Lake Chapala area? I know here in Colorado it's about $75 more for a dog over 50 lbs. Are there any good vets lakeside?

Blackforestgal

Back to top Go down

Dog Teeth Cleaning Empty Re: Dog Teeth Cleaning

Post by SunshineyDay Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:30 pm

Lots of fresh bones around. Available at most butcher shops.

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:11 pm

I had my dog's teeth cleaned at Ladron's Clinic and it was less than that but it has been years so I don't remember the cost. I switched to a RAW diet and give the dog a partially frozen patty every other day. Plus Audette puts bone meal in the mix. My dog has had teeth cleaning issues forever and at 15 his teeth look pretty darn good without being professionally cleaned.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackforestgal Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:52 pm

Flamingo, My dogs always seem to have teeth issues too, but especially the standard poodle. I had her teeth cleaned last year at a "discount" vet, who only does shots and dental work. It was $125 for the basic cleaning. Additional $75 for over 50 lbs. Additional for antibiotics, and something else. Anyway total bill was about $250.00. So I was wondering if it would be better to have her teeth cleaned here before we come to Chapala, or to wait until we get there? I like to give them bones-about $4-$5 here, but then I have the issue of them wanting to bury them, and dig them up. I fighting holes all over my yard!

Blackforestgal

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:22 am

Get it done here!! I go to Dra. Bernice at Pet Place and I promise it will be under $50. Vet care is much more reasonable here.

$250??? I am still hyperventilating from the sticker shock. I lived in Idaho Springs, and it was over 10 years ago, but $250!!!???
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wide Sky Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:08 am

I paid about $500 pesos last year but my guys are only about 15lbs. So.... even if you had to pay $1000 you are still WAY, WAY better off doing it here.

Wide Sky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by char-ming Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:10 am

I use PetzLife oral spray dental cleaner. It cleaned up my rescue dog's teeth beautifully and without the trauma of going to a vet. Follow directions and the teeth will clean up within a month. I just sprayed inside the mouth three times....doesn't have to be on the bad teeth as the dog licks the spray and spreads it around the mouth. It is not a traumatic experience for them, just some minty licking! It is available on line...just google PetzLife.

char-ming
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiness Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:29 am

Flamingo wrote:Get it done here!! I go to Dra. Bernice at Pet Place and I promise it will be under $50. Vet care is much more reasonable here.

$250??? I am still hyperventilating from the sticker shock. I lived in Idaho Springs, and it was over 10 years ago, but $250!!!???

Just had our 40 lb spaniel's teeth cleaned at Dr. Beranice's and they charge was $600 pesos!! It costs less to get mine cleaned!!

Guiness
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:51 am

The Ladron Veterinary charges a LOT for everything now. When I was shopping for a dental exam and cleaning for my doggie I went around checking prices and ended up with Dr. Pepe at a very reasonable price and a job well done. Dra. Bernicia is an offspring of the Ladron clinic.

Try Pepe or Daniel next to Soriana. Dogs need to be sedated and monitored which is one reason why it's more expensive for animals than humans.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:33 pm

Blackforest, just an FYI, I said under $50 USD which translates into about $900 pesos.

And although Dra B worked for Ladrone's her charges are much more reasonable.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down