INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US bound travellers face heightened security measures at airports

+3
jrm30655
Guiness
CanuckBob
7 posters

Go down

US bound travellers face heightened security measures at airports Empty US bound travellers face heightened security measures at airports

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:26 am

This also came into effect at GDL. Give yourself extra time if travelling to or through the US.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/us-bound-travellers-to-face-enhanced-security-measures-at-all-canadian-airports/ar-AAoqbXH?li=AAggv0m

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

US bound travellers face heightened security measures at airports Empty Re: US bound travellers face heightened security measures at airports

Post by Guiness Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:25 am

We won't travel through the US anymore when we head home to Canada - not worth the hassle. Now we fly Guadalajara to MX City, via Aeromexico and then to Toronto. Easy.

Guiness
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

US bound travellers face heightened security measures at airports Empty Re: US bound travellers face heightened security measures at airports

Post by jrm30655 Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:30 am

The TSA is so efficient that it has never caught a terrorist.

I saw the other day that the TSA failed to catch 16 of 17 forbidden items at some airport. Really makes me feel safe that they managed to catch 1 of them.

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:30 am

I was reading about the increased security in the last issue of the Guad Reporter, but things are mighty vague as to what's okay or not.
For instance, can you bring a Kindle? It's larger than a cell phone, but hardly a menace.......or is it?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by gatosigi Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:55 am

If Trump gets his way and the budget for weapons of mass destruction increases, this can only get worse as the use of said weapons engenders retaliation.

gatosigi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:01 am

TSA (Take Away Scissors) is a joke. In San Jose CA last month x-ray detected a toothpaste tube in my purse. I got sent to secondary inspection where the short, paunchy dude in full possession of the most power he will ever have in his sorry life studied my toothpaste tube with suspicion. He tried reading how much was in the tube but since it was metric he had no clue. "This looks like five or six ounces. You can't take this on the plane," he pronounced with authority. I looked him in the eyes, smiled sweetly, and rolled my eyes as I slowly shook my head back and forth. I guess I'm lucky he did not tase me.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:57 am

Grrrrrrrrr. Missed Edit time. TSA, of course, should be Take Scissors Away.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:38 pm

We don't thru the US anymore either, way too much hassle from the TSA. We fly to PV then to Wpg.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down