INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bancomer Minimum Balance to Avoid Fees

+5
Kiri
MexECO Tours
brigitte
Carry Bean
skurvish
9 posters

Go down

Bancomer Minimum Balance to Avoid Fees Empty Bancomer Minimum Balance to Avoid Fees

Post by skurvish Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:46 am

Bancomer is charging me 170p +16% IVA each month to maintain my account due to being below a minimum. Does anyone know what that minimum is? I am not in country so have no easy way to ask them myself.

Thanks in advance.

skurvish

Back to top Go down

Bancomer Minimum Balance to Avoid Fees Empty Re: Bancomer Minimum Balance to Avoid Fees

Post by Carry Bean Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:00 am

I think in my account there it's 4000 pesos. Maybe someone else has more current info, though.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Bancomer Minimum Balance to Avoid Fees Empty Re: Bancomer Minimum Balance to Avoid Fees

Post by brigitte Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:17 am

I just checked all the banks you can open an account at Santander with 750 pesos and you have to have the insurance balance for a minimum of 3 months.. you need to have an insurance for 680 pesos for the first year that you can cancel that same day in one year you also have to have one deposit of withdrawal minimum a month or you will be charge something like 60 or 70 pesos.. This is a type of rental..
You can also have an account with a minimum of 2000 pesos a month, same insurance.. you are charge some 170 pesos a month if you go below the 2000
I also check bancomer , I cannot remember if they wanted 3 or 4 000 pesos balance minimum, I do not know if what they say to my friend was correct but we did not go with them because they say they would dar de alta a Hacienda and she did not want to have anything to do with Hacienda. None of the other banks do that so I suspect they do not want to deal with indigenous who pool their money and do not leave much money in the account because that one did not make any sense. She has an account with bancomer but cannot receive more than 15 000 pesos a month and is charge with every transaction like you are but only 55 or 60 pesos..There are lots of different types of accounts ..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexECO Tours Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:38 am

Bancomer is $4,000
Intercam is $5,000
Banamex is $4,000

Someone in the Melaque forums mentioned a few years ago that there are accounts where they don't have a minimum balance but I have never found them.
MexECO Tours
MexECO Tours

http://www.mex-ecotours.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiri Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:39 am

Carry Bean wrote:I think in my account there it's 4000 pesos.   Maybe someone else has more current info, though.

You've got the right number...4000 minimum balance.
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:50 am

Does anyone know what documents you need to open an account at Santander?
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:58 pm

you need proof of residence, an ID, I used a INE but I believe your passport and or immigration card will do and 2 references, name and phone number , that was in Chiapas so I do not know if it is the same for sure  in Guadalajara but it should be..

I also believe that Banamex has one for less than 4000 pesos but whatever the minimum  you need to buy an insurance for 1260 pesos.That can be cancelled after 6 month or a year, I do not remember  which one for sure.
I also think Banamex ask that you used the debit card 6 times a month for deposits or withdrawals or you get charged something like 55 pesos for the month.. Each bank is different it pays to shop around and see what they have to offer.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by skurvish Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:26 pm

Thank you all. I will need to transfer some money into the account at some point anyway so I will do so sooner and hopefully save myself the service fees.

skurvish

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:34 am

brigitte wrote:you need proof of residence, an ID, I used a INE but I believe your passport and or immigration card will do and 2 references, name and phone number , that was in Chiapas so I do not know if it is the same for sure  in Guadalajara but it should be..

I also believe that Banamex has one for less than 4000 pesos but whatever the minimum  you need to buy an insurance for 1260  pesos.That can be cancelled after 6 month or a year, I do not remember  which one for sure.
I also think Banamex ask that you used the debit card 6 times a month for deposits or withdrawals or you get charged something like 55 pesos for the month.. Each bank is different it pays to shop around and see what they have to offer.

Thank you brigitte
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Plan B Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:38 am

Has the minimum balance amount of 4,000 pesos changed?
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by danpatman Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:17 pm

Mine was upped to $5,000 pesos just over 2 years ago. I cannot comment if this was to all accounts, but it was to mine.
danpatman
danpatman

Humor : British

https://www.flipflopnomads.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rafterbr Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:04 pm

I have an account at the Santander office in Chapala. I selected them because they offered the best dollar to peso exchange rate. My CFE and Telmex bills are automatically paid there. The only problem they do not have anyone in office who speaks English and even at their headquarters they often do not often have English speaker. It is easy to transfer money from my stateside bank to them. Getting an account was easy as stated above.

rafterbr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down