INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disgusting situation at Cocinart

+9
Intercasa
Gamina
gringal
Lady Otter Latté
brigitte
SunshineyDay
CanuckBob
Bubba2shoes
slainte39
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Disgusting situation at Cocinart Empty Disgusting situation at Cocinart

Post by slainte39 Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:10 pm

Yesterday, Aug. 30, during the lunch period of opening, a lady used the ladies bathroom accompanied by a dog.  The dog evidently urinated in the bathroom but the  dog owner did not report it to the lady owner/manager of the restaurant, at the register.  My adult grand daughter went to the bathroom a short time later and found the urine on the floor around the stool that was evidenced by sight and smell. She immediately reported it to the lady/manager and they proceeded to clean it up.
A real low for disgusting behavior.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Disgusting situation at Cocinart Empty Re: Disgusting situation at Cocinart

Post by Bubba2shoes Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:07 am

The most disgusting thing I can recall is the notion that my parents may have committed the sex act in order to bring Bubba onto the planet and, in the end, for no useful purpose to the best of my recollection.

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://rbplummer1@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba2shoes Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:50 am

Speaking of disgusting behavior, I was walking one of my five pooches along the Andador in San Cristobal de Las Casas - a popular and, normally, well attended walkway used extensively by locals and tourists alike - and I had thoughtlessly taken that stroll without proper accessories for cleaning up after my little friend should he soil the walkway. Well, so he did much to my pesonal humiliation, but there I was, an old and large person
Incapable of reaching the pavement and I had no choice but to leave the mess behind on the walkway. That's not the worst of my numerous community infractions. In 1957 I invited Betty Sue Bogan to the drive-in theater in my Alabama hometown and forgot to bring a prophylactic. Perhaps the worst moment of ,my teenagehood.

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:33 am

And probably the best moment in Betty Sue Hogan's life........

Beer

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:42 am

Lets hope she doesnt see you got her name wrong! lol

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba2shoes Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:05 am

Betty Sue doesn't remember her last name in Alabama in 1957. She now has a new last name and 13 kids. Such is trailer park life.

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba2shoes Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:25 am

So, there I was, dining in a well-known and locally famous seafood restaurant along the Mobile Bay Causeway in about 1973 and this dignified and astutely adorned woman exits the ladies room trailing a roll of toilet paper stuck to her shoes all across the resturant main dining room and I was reminded, upon reflection, of our personal wealnesses...
Such is life

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:10 am

sorry Bubba it was stuck in her underwear not her shoe..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:24 am

Slainte, was your granddaughter sure it was DOG pee? Shocked
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:13 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Slainte, was your granddaughter sure it was DOG pee? Shocked

Oh mercy me! Unfortunately, your speculation could be correct. That one is right up there with how I feel about "hoverers" who don't bother to clean up after themselves. Oink, oink.

I love the food at Cocinart and since it's easy walking distance from my casa, I dine there often. However, that small enclosed space is no place to bring a dog, but they do allow it, and that's my one gripe about the restaurant.
Evil or Very Mad

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:38 am

There was pee on the floor of the bathroom.. yes it may not have been dog pee either no matter what it needed to be cleaned and it was cleaned so may I ask why announce to the world that a restaurant had pee on the bathroom floor and that it was cleaned up.. The dog may or may not have been the guilty party either... big deal...Agreed leave the dog at home to start with.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:06 pm

gringal wrote:
Lady Otter Latté wrote:Slainte, was your granddaughter sure it was DOG pee? Shocked

Oh mercy me!  Unfortunately, your speculation could be correct.  That one is right up there with how I feel about "hoverers" who don't bother to clean up after themselves.  Oink, oink.

I love the food at Cocinart and since it's easy walking distance from my casa, I dine there often.  However, that small enclosed space is no place to bring a dog, but they do allow it, and that's my one gripe about the restaurant.
Evil or Very Mad  

One of the few times I ate there two women sat at a table near the door. One had a large dog on a leash. The dog barked and lunged at every person entering and leaving. The owner would sush the dog and offer it food from her plate. From a dog perspective it was being rewarded for its "protective" behavior. Some people should not have dogs.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:49 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:
gringal wrote:

Oh mercy me!  Unfortunately, your speculation could be correct.  That one is right up there with how I feel about "hoverers" who don't bother to clean up after themselves.  Oink, oink.

I love the food at Cocinart and since it's easy walking distance from my casa, I dine there often.  However, that small enclosed space is no place to bring a dog, but they do allow it, and that's my one gripe about the restaurant.
Evil or Very Mad  

One of the few times I ate there two women sat at a table near the door. One had a large dog on a leash. The dog barked and lunged at every person entering and leaving. The owner would sush the dog and offer it food from her plate. From a dog perspective it was being rewarded for its "protective" behavior. Some people should not have dogs.

Some people don't use common sense, and unfortunately, the rest of us get the result. Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:58 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:
gringal wrote:

Evil or Very Mad  

I would have kicked it if it lunged at me. I have kicked a few that have lunged at my dog down on the malecon. The owners say nary a word as they detect the next kick will be theirs..........

Beer

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:02 pm

It's one of the benefits of needing a walking stick, too.
Very Happy

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:02 pm

Good for you CB. Rude dogs are the result of ignorant people who don't train their animals. If the dog won't behave in society, leave it home.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:14 pm

Leave your pets and kids home. I have both and do the same, nobody wants to be subjected to them unless you go to Mc Donalds or Chuck E Cheese and then its caveat emptor! The only place people would expect to be attacked by dogs or step in pee or poo is a vets office or a dog park.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:29 pm

Intercasa wrote:Leave your pets and kids home.  I have both and do the same, nobody wants to be subjected to them unless you go to Mc Donalds or Chuck E Cheese and then its caveat emptor!  The only place people would expect to be attacked by dogs or step in pee or poo is a vets office or a dog park.  

You have the right idea, Spencer. There may be something in the air here that makes some folks believe that those dogs are their fur babies or grandchildren substitutes. I like dogs, but they aren't my kids and they don't belong in a place where food is served. For one thing, don't the owners realize how hard it would be to be a dog smelling good things to eat and not having a plate of it?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:57 pm

If the dogs sit under the table and do not move or bark I do not have a big problem with them being in a place but a dog lunging at people and barking should be kicked out with owner immediately,,
I also do not like (to me worse than dogs) seeing parrots in restaurants no matter how well behaved..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba2shoes Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:20 pm

Dogs are OK in restaurants in my book as long as they are controlled by their human companions. Now, human children should be outlawed in all restaurants except outdoor seating at Jack-in-the-Box franchises in Boise.

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:02 am

brigitte wrote:There was pee on the floor of the bathroom.. yes it may not have been dog pee either no matter what it needed to be cleaned and it was cleaned so may I ask why announce to the world that a restaurant had pee on the bathroom floor and that it was cleaned up.. The dog may or may not have been the guilty party either... big deal...Agreed leave the dog at home to start with.

We gave the benefit of doubt to the person/owner of the dog that it was the dog who relieved itself.  In answer to another post...no, we are not certain as there were no witnesses and we didn't collect a vial and take it to a lab, either.

"so may I ask why announce to the world that a restaurant had pee on the bathroom floor and that it was cleaned up"

As I said in the topic title, it was disgusting, and bringing it up here is hardly "the world".  This is not CNN or  the BBC.
My grand daughter, who is on a break from the UVM and lives in Guadalajara,  couldn't fathom the allowing of dogs in what I had told her was one of the better restaurants here in the Chapala area.  You might expect that in some Pemex gasolinera anywhere in Mexico, but not in a popular restaurant at lunch time in Ajijic, that is frequented by mostly "civilized nortenos". Rolling Eyes
I normally don't complain much about any business, but this could be avoided (if it was the dog) by just following the law.  The lady owner said the bathroom was perfectly clean when they opened for business, and I believed her.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by elgringo Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:03 am

I really wish the City would step in and stop dogs in Restaurants at all. I love Dogs but there is a place for them and it's not in Restaurants
elgringo
elgringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : lots

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:00 am

Do you remember this oldie? Lady gets on a bus, has a big paper shopping bag of groceries in her arms, guys sees some liquid dripping from it takes a taste, h-m-m-m "Pickles?", lady says no "Puppy".
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:24 am

Spencer, I believe it is against the law to have pets inside of a restaurant. Is this so? I remember Mom's stopped pets because the officials came in and I think fined her some heafty pesos. I heard the fine was about 5,000 U.S. but not sure. Sounds a little high to me.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:19 am

Yes, it's the law.  However, the fanatic group of the pet owning faction puts pressure on the restaurants and the law is largely ignored.  The authorities ignore the law and it's not enforced. Mom's restaurant getting fined is the only exception I've heard of.

One of the well established local restaurants not only has burros in the garden, but has a large old dog draped across the kitchen entrance which the servers have to manuever around. Recently, he acquired an abused pit bull which he put in an enclosure in the yard with signs warning people not to "caress" him.  Nevertheless, at least three people have been badly bitten. Not certain about the circumstances. The question remains: how far should tender heartedness towards animals go?

However, if anyone speaks up about ignoring that law as well as the leash law, they are accused of being animal haters trying to interfere with others' "freedom".  Sigh.  It's probably hopeless. Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next