INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disgusting situation at Cocinart

+9
Intercasa
Gamina
gringal
Lady Otter Latté
brigitte
SunshineyDay
CanuckBob
Bubba2shoes
slainte39
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Disgusting situation at Cocinart - Page 2 Empty Re: Disgusting situation at Cocinart

Post by gringal Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:19 am

Yes, it's the law.  However, the fanatic group of the pet owning faction puts pressure on the restaurants and the law is largely ignored.  The authorities ignore the law and it's not enforced. Mom's restaurant getting fined is the only exception I've heard of.

One of the well established local restaurants not only has burros in the garden, but has a large old dog draped across the kitchen entrance which the servers have to manuever around. Recently, he acquired an abused pit bull which he put in an enclosure in the yard with signs warning people not to "caress" him.  Nevertheless, at least three people have been badly bitten. Not certain about the circumstances. The question remains: how far should tender heartedness towards animals go?

However, if anyone speaks up about ignoring that law as well as the leash law, they are accused of being animal haters trying to interfere with others' "freedom".  Sigh.  It's probably hopeless. Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Disgusting situation at Cocinart - Page 2 Empty Re: Disgusting situation at Cocinart

Post by elgringo Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:32 am

Maybe we need to start a donation fund and have Spencer represent us in going to the City and put pressure on them to stop this practice.
elgringo
elgringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : lots

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:56 am

The best way to eliminate this is to not eat at restaurants that regularly allow animals within the eating area. If one shows up be sure to tell the owner/manager you won't be back. There are many that don't allow animals. Those are the ones we patronize the most.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:16 am

I have been to Adelita's twice where a couple brings in a dog on a leash and a small dog in a crate. They sit out in the open patio and the dog in the crate barks at people who are coming and going. Why bring a dog in a crate who is confined and irritated at the customers. Just leave the poor dog home where it is happy and not barking at strangers who are paying to eat and enjoy life.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:17 pm

Locally here in Ajijic I regularly see dogs in Cocinart, El Jardin, Yves, Roberto's and occasionally Jus Chillin. I have never seen dogs in Tangos, Los Telaras, Pasta Trenta, Elegante, Go or most of the other restaurant's. Of course the "Peacock Garden" advertises loud and clear what you can expect in there......

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:47 pm

Yes, you have the list right. But.....we seldom go to Tangos any more because it's usually crowded. Haven't tried Pasta Trenta since our pasta dishes come from my kitchen. Elegante is not in my budget and Go isn't a favorite. The worst offenders are also our favorite restaurants, unfortunately: Cocinart and Yves. I know that people have talked to Cocinart, but nothing changes. Same with Yves. Persuasion isn't getting anywhere.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:55 pm

I am not a vegan - but I find it somewhat twisted and macabre that people would bring an animal to a restaurant to watch its trusted keeper consume another animal.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:11 pm

CHILLIN wrote:I am not a vegan - but I find it somewhat twisted and macabre that people would bring an animal to a restaurant to watch its trusted keeper consume another animal.

Ever watched a dog with a T bone?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:14 pm

CanuckBob wrote:The best way to eliminate this is to not eat at restaurants that regularly allow animals within the eating area.

I assume you're referring to four legged animals and not the two legged animals. Although, those two legged animals can get very loud and obnoxious after a drink or two.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:37 pm

gringal wrote:Yes, you have the list right.  But.....we seldom go to Tangos any more because  it's usually crowded.  Haven't tried Pasta Trenta since our pasta dishes come from my kitchen.  Elegante is not in my budget and Go isn't a favorite.  The worst offenders are also our favorite restaurants, unfortunately:  Cocinart and Yves.  I know that people have talked to Cocinart, but nothing changes.  Same with Yves.  Persuasion isn't getting anywhere.

Cocinart is the only one on "the list" that we have been to in the past year or so. I don't really care that much whether there are dog's in restaurant's or not but for some reason we just naturally avoid the dog places. Maybe it's subliminal. If you continue to patronize them you can't really complain though as there are plenty of good alternatives IMO........

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:48 pm

Different taste choices narrow the list of "plenty of good alternatives".

I'm of the opinion that it will probably take legal action to enforce the laws. Either that, or a political decision such as what finally happened while we were living in San Miguel de Allende and "mascotas" were no longer allowed in the many popular downtown restaurants.

There was a huge protest march by the (nearly 100%) gringos that objected, including one socialite who brought her mini-dog dressed in an outfit matching hers. Nevertheless, the health dept. was issuing citations and fines were levied. I don't know if the ban held: that was eight years ago. Good photo opportunity ensued.

I have a feeling something similar might ensue in these parts if the health dept. started doing its job.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:55 pm

I have never seen any dogs in restaurant's in Guadalajara. The Tapatios must be appalled when they see this here. Maybe they can make it part of the "Pueblo Magico" drive......

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:30 pm

ferret wrote: Ever watched a dog with a T bone?

Ever watch a stranger's dog licking it's privates while you are trying to eat your T bone? Very Happy
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:56 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I have never seen any dogs in restaurant's in Guadalajara. The Tapatios must be appalled when they see this here. Maybe they can make it part of the "Pueblo Magico" drive......

That is why my grand daughter who is a born, bred, and has lived all her 22 years in Guadalajara, was so taken aback.
You are correct, in 40 years of eating at least 1, 2, or 3 times a week in Guadalajara in sit down restaurants from fast food to fine gourmet, I have never seen a dog, or more correctly, dogs like I do here at the Lake area, mostly by what appears to be foreign born clientele, but I have also seen a few Mexicans follow this bad example here as well.
The other day at Panino, another popular restaurant, a couple brought in a medium to small sized dog, put him under the table, and the dog eventually started barking. The man then picked up the dog, placed him in his lap and let the dog have some food off his plate, I guess to appease and quiet the dog.
I sure hope the plates get washed well or the dog uses mouth wash with disinfectant.  (head shaking Very Happy )

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:00 pm

CHILLIN wrote:
ferret wrote: Ever watched a dog with a T bone?

Ever watch a stranger's dog licking it's privates while you are trying to eat your T bone? Very Happy

Those kind dogs should never be allowed to eat off public restaurant plates or be kissed by the help or other patrons.
lol! yuck lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:06 pm

I have to wonder how people from the U.S. get that way. What's going on in their heads that lets them impose their critter (who may be licking the unmentionables in public) to others? Some are on those long leashes that let them annoy other nearby diners. One of the worst scenes was one that copiously vomited in the aisle next to us, and the owners expected the staff to clean it up. Since jobs are scarce, they did so. Gag. Some will let their dog sit on a seat and I haven't yet seen one wearing pants. Mystery. Thumbs down

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:26 pm

I warned you I had a twisted sense of humour today, must be because it is Bob's birthday Thumbs up

But what would happen if you walked up to one of these licking dogs (and they always seem so enthusiastic!), look at the owner, point to your crotch and say "Next!!!.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:06 pm

Chillin': Bob's birthday was yesterday, but if you want to be twisted, today is okay, too.
Tell you what: you do that and tell us how it worked out! Can't wait!
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2