INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you like an interest free loan? They have them in Chapala Haciendas.

+8
Ezzie
MexicoPete
Clueless
Lady Otter Latté
slainte39
Trailrunner
windrider17
CanuckBob
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Would you like an interest free loan? They have them in Chapala Haciendas. Empty Would you like an interest free loan? They have them in Chapala Haciendas.

Post by Clueless Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:15 am

I recently found that if someone is behind on their colonos fees, they just keep adding up, until the property is sold. I also found that there is no interest added to the back-due fees.

If you have $$ in a Mx. bank, you get interest. So maybe people figure they can just keep the colonos fees in the bank, draw interest and then if/when needed, pay them off. Ergo: Interest free loan (from those that pay their fees).

I have suggested to the BOD that they put a provision in the Bylaws for interest at the legal maximum rate, on all past-due fees.

I'm waiting for feedback from the BOD.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Would you like an interest free loan? They have them in Chapala Haciendas. Empty Re: Would you like an interest free loan? They have them in Chapala Haciendas.

Post by CanuckBob Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:20 am

Welcome to Chapala Haciendas......

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Would you like an interest free loan? They have them in Chapala Haciendas. Empty Re: Would you like an interest free loan? They have them in Chapala Haciendas.

Post by Trailrunner Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:58 am

No kidding! I've been reading about people not paying fees there for 13 years! Basta! Endless bitching! I think there was once a physical altercation even. Even Perry March was involved. Basta! 

Don't want to deal with that? Don't live in a fracc. Of course if your a person who thrives on contention, enjoy yourself.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:21 am

"Of course if your a person who thrives on contention, enjoy yourself."

Yes, some people just love drama and turmoil. They find it wherever they go.

BTW, wasn't Perry March involved in Chula Vista Norte?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by windrider17 Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:28 am

If anything was shady, Perry was in the middle of it while here.

windrider17
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Warped

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:35 am

Yes. And I think he was one of the ones that wouldn't pay. I think someone dumped their garbage on his property. . .It was ugly, I remember that, and it wasn't long after that he was 'disappeared' by INM and the Federales.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:19 am

windrider17 wrote:If anything was shady, Perry was in the middle of it while here.

The first house he rented when arriving here was from a friend of mine that was located in  La Floresta. He left after 6 mos. or so owing several months rent and a 30,000 peso Telmex bill. That's when the peso was worth a lot more in USD terms.
I guess he was calling north a lot to see if anybody had seen his wife........ Rolling Eyes

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:28 am

You will be happy to know that Perry is still creating problems even behind bars. Poor baby is unhappy with prison food. He considers the poor quality and limited options of his kosher entrees anti-Semitic, so he is suing, of course.
http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2017/02/15/notorious-nashvillian-perry-march-sues-over-prison-food/97862910/

Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:51 pm

I will update if/when I get something back from the BOD on my idea of charging interest on past due fees.

Im pretty sure there is a sizable amount past due. If/when it is paid, could be a needed windfall for the Fracc.

I'm going to ask Spencer in the legal section about if/why a property can't be liened and sold for past-due fees.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:38 pm

I think the fracc. Chula Vista does and has assessed interest or penalty for late payment, so I'm sure it can be done.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by windrider17 Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:07 pm

I dealt with Perry in Nashville before and after Lakeside was "blessed" with his presence. I spent three years trying to get MX to send him back to TN to face the various charges we had pending. Probably a different thread or lies over drinks,

windrider17
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:39 am

I remember Perry and his father well. I used to help at Lagunanet the first Internet service provider in the old days. And I had the job to go get the monthly payment for internet once per month from Perry for his service. I was always very polite regardless of what I might have suspected and collected the monthly fee. He assumed I thought he was innocent because I was always friendly. I remember telling him I didn't know whether he was innocent or not but I would treat him as if he were innocent until such a time he went to court and then would let the court decide if he were innocent or guilty.

I would occasionally see his father around or near the Lagunanet office who told me that he was a Doctor, he wasn't and who would often tell me that he thought I had a health problem and I should go see this or that Doctor friend of his or another one. I think he was making a commission for those who he could convince to see his Doctor friends

Perry's Mexican Wife was a beautiful young lady who was very nice and to the best of my knowledge knew nothing of Perry's evil past.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:05 am

hmmm  Not so sure about Perry's wife, Pete, but you can go catch up with her at the Cafe Negro in SAT any day you want.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:33 am

windrider17 wrote:I dealt with Perry in Nashville before and after Lakeside was "blessed" with his presence. I spent three years trying to get MX to send him back to TN to face the various charges we had pending. Probably a different thread or lies over drinks,

You must have been, or should I say, were you involved in the kidnapping of Perry's kids by the Levine's (the grandparents), from their school in Ajijic.  They were stopped by the police and Art before they could get on the plane at the GDL airport.
A lot of Perry and Art March stories around here in  their day.
Art actually played collegiate football at U. of Mich. and Purdue, which I had to check out because I thought he was BSing me.....well, he did.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:36 am

MexicoPete wrote:I remember Perry and his father well. I used to help at Lagunanet the first Internet service provider in the old days. And I had the job to go get the monthly payment for internet once per month from Perry for his service. I was always very polite regardless of what I might have suspected and collected the monthly fee. He assumed I thought he was innocent because I was always friendly. I remember telling him I didn't know whether he was innocent or not but I would treat him as if he were innocent until such a time he went to court and then would let the court decide if he were innocent or guilty.

I would occasionally see his father around or near the Lagunanet office who told me that he was a Doctor, he wasn't and who would often tell me that he thought I had a health problem and I should go see this or that Doctor friend of his or another one. I think he was making a commission for those who he could convince to see his Doctor friends

Perry's Mexican Wife was a beautiful young lady who was very nice and to the best of my knowledge knew nothing of Perry's evil past.  

He was well connected with the military hospital in GDL....don't think he had any formal medical school degree, but maybe some pre-med.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:51 pm

Our AC charges 10% once per year on outstanding balance of dues as of Dec. 31st (year end). If any outstanding balance, no vote at the AGM (Annual General Meeting).

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:30 pm

But if people aren't paying for 13 years are they likely to pay a penalty any sooner?
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:36 pm

Really nothing can be done about collecting fees if the HOA is not a registered company with a constitution and by-laws that have been notarized. The HOA could then put a lien on the property but that type of action is expensive and time consuming so not something that a bunch of volunteers want to get into. In most cases, the HOA's are SOL for collecting from deadbeats.

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Post by windrider17 Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:07 pm

You must have been, or should I say, were you involved in the kidnapping of Perry's kids by the Levine's (the grandparents), from their school in Ajijic. They were stopped by the police and Art before they could get on the plane at the GDL airport.
A lot of Perry and Art March stories around here in their day.
Art actually played collegiate football at U. of Mich. and Purdue, which I had to check out because I thought he was BSing me.....well, he did.

Had nothing to do with the Levines. I was in the DA's office that put him in the Pen where he belongs. Art might have played football but he was an artist at BSing.

windrider17
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:35 pm

Chapala Haciendas is registered and has paperwork, etc.

I would not only amend the By Laws and put in an interest provision, and include in it that if legal action is instituted, the prevailing party shall collect, in addition to any interest and fees due, reasonable attorney fees that have been expended.

This is a very simple, basic provision in the By Laws, which are basically a contract between the Fracc and the members.

From the way I see it, there is no downside to putting in this suggested provision.

And I'm sure that since people who are behind in paying their dues can't vote, the amendment/new provision should pass on a show-of-hands vote.

I wonder what the other fraccs are doing with this issue.

IMO & FWIW

As to volunteers doing the work, of course not, that's why there are attorneys here that should know what they are doing, or would be willing to do some OTJ learning.

Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:07 pm

windrider17 wrote:You must have been, or should I say, were you involved in the kidnapping of Perry's kids by the Levine's (the grandparents), from their school in Ajijic.  They were stopped by the police and Art before they could get on the plane at the GDL airport.

Had nothing to do with the Levines. I was in the DA's office that put him in the Pen where he belongs. Art might have played football but he was an artist at BSing.
Windriver, did they ever find the body?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:18 pm

Clueless wrote:Chapala Haciendas is registered and has paperwork, etc.

I would not only amend the By Laws and put in an interest provision, and include in it that if legal action is instituted, the prevailing party shall collect, in addition to any interest and fees due, reasonable attorney fees that have been expended.

This is a very simple, basic provision in the By Laws, which are basically a contract between the Fracc and the members.

From the way I see it, there is no downside to putting in this suggested provision.

And I'm sure that since people who are behind in paying their dues can't vote, the amendment/new provision should pass on a show-of-hands vote.

I wonder what the other fraccs are doing with this issue.

IMO & FWIW

As to volunteers doing the work, of course not, that's why there are attorneys here that should know what they are doing, or would be willing to do some OTJ learning.

Sounds like you need to run for a position on the BOD then pay for an attorney.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:16 pm

windrider17 wrote:You must have been, or should I say, were you involved in the kidnapping of Perry's kids by the Levine's (the grandparents), from their school in Ajijic.  They were stopped by the police and Art before they could get on the plane at the GDL airport.

That's why I had to check it out through a friend that was an alum from Purdue that knows and has access to the football program history.
I think he transferred over from Michigan.

edit to add......Art held court every morning for years and years at the doughnut shop in Ajijic, to a table full of listeners, telling of his exploits???

Last edited by slainte39 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:18 pm

Trailrunner wrote:

Windriver, did they ever find the body?

They claimed they burnt it in a brush pile in rural Kentucky but couldn't remember exactly where that was.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:35 pm

What I remember was that he and his dad buried the body in the country somewhere not near his home in another state and that when the investigators took Art out to find where they buried her body he could not remember where it was. I never heard that they burnt the body.

But what I read and or heard might be wrong
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next