INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murders in the west

+5
Trailrunner
Clueless
slainte39
CanuckBob
cypress
9 posters

Go down

Murders in the west Empty Murders in the west

Post by cypress Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:46 pm

Reports that two young men were killed in San Juan Cosala last week. Now a reliable report that two were killed up the mountain form SJC west of the Raquet Club yesterday. All drug related.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Murders in the west Empty Re: Murders in the west

Post by CanuckBob Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:52 pm

Tis a dangerous business indeed.....

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:12 pm

There is a turf war going on in the Municipio of Jocotepec for control of the drug plaza left by the death of the last cacique.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:06 pm

Let them kill each other.

Works for me.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:57 pm

They always say it is drug related as if that is an excuse to cover up whatever.

Last edited by cypress on Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:51 pm

cypress wrote:They always say it is drug related as if that is an excuse to cover up whatever.

Who are "they" and why do you need a different motive than the one that most know and believe is true?
So you want it to be a domestic problem, road rage, Islamic terrorist, psycho serial killer, or what?  Isn't drug related titillating enough for you? If two people were killed in a dispute over livestock would that make you feel more confident it was the truth.
What motive for murder could be worse than drug killings that would make "they" change the perceived intelligence.
I have a lot of family with a lot of employees in SJC, and they (the real they), don't have to fabricate information.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:27 am

slainte39 wrote:
cypress wrote:They always say it is drug related as if that is an excuse to cover up whatever.

Who are "they" and why do you need a different motive than the one that most know and believe is true?
So you want it to be a domestic problem, road rage, Islamic terrorist, psycho serial killer, or what?  Isn't drug related titillating enough for you? If two people were killed in a dispute over livestock would that make you feel more confident it was the truth.
What motive for murder could be worse than drug killings that would make "they" change the perceived intelligence.
I have a lot of family with a lot of employees in SJC, and they (the real they), don't have to fabricate information.
They are the police, local leaders, etc. It is an excuse for them not to investigate properly. In some cases they are involved.

Last edited by cypress on Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:48 am

Yes. That's true. And. . .?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:28 am

It can be a vicious cycle of greed.  The local thugs pay off the municipal police.  The local thugs or police get greedier and eventually some local rich citizens with money are victimized.  Calls are made to the state, then the estatal police come.  They arrest the same local thugs who were on the municipal police radar as "catch and release". Now these thugs have to pay off the state police also, but more $. Now with their bank acct low, they resort to more crime.  Repeat.  Corrupt from top to bottom.  The Mexicans take the brunt ...
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:54 am

cypress wrote:
slainte39 wrote:

They are the police, local leaders, etc. It is an excuse for them not to investigate properly. In some cases they are involved.

What I posted didn't come from the police....or local leaders (whoever that might be)....the Delegado?
I don't know anyone (Mexican) who gets information from the police, and if they, the police, are involved, it would be because of drugs.
Cartel infiltrators in uniform.
Unsolved murders is the norm in Mexico, but most are involved around the drug business.  
Just keep your distance from that form of activity, and you're no worse off here than most other places.
Sellers, distributors, manufacturers......big jeopardy....users not so much.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:52 pm

There's a lot going on out towards San Nicolas area as well.  I never keep track of this stuff in the states, why do we keep track of it here?   I suppose because we hear about it word of mouth etc.  Anyone noticing if state police is still making rounds at night?  I hardly go out after dark hehe  

My husband said there were about 13 state police with at least 4 men in each truck parked at Laguna Plaza a little bit ago.   They'll take care of it.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:09 pm

I am unclear on what Cypress is upset/worried/angry about. I am sure there is an attempt at a point being made but I do not know what it is.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:56 pm

I took it as just an FYI for those that are keeping score..........

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:54 pm

In the US (the largest consumer of illegal substance), the drug business/distribution is pretty much a settled matter, more sophisticated, and in most cases their territory is defined. Here in Mexico with the drug business, it is still the Wild West, or more like the prohibition of alcohol era of the 1920's in the US.  In those days, there were plenty of crooked cops and politicians, as well, on bootleggers payrolls and unsolved murders and bodies buried in no man's land.
Mexico is in that era now, as this criminal phenomenon came later here.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:03 pm

Sorry to disagree but turf wars happen in the US and Canada (and probably most other countries) on a regular basis. There were three gangs shooting up the Vancouver area just prior to my departure. They even hit a few innocent bystanders....

People just tend to be more interested here as I suppose they have less to do being retired and all......

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:34 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Sorry to disagree but turf wars happen in the US and Canada (and probably most other countries) on a regular basis. There were three gangs shooting up the Vancouver area just prior to my departure. They even hit a few innocent bystanders....

People just tend to be more interested here as I suppose they have less to do being retired and all......

You might be right as I don't know for sure, but the Mafia had a lot of turf wars before they decided to respect each other's territory, for the most part.  If there are drug wars in the US and Canada, they don't seem to get the publicity they do here.
People in Italian neighborhoods in the US, got used to it and knew how to keep their mouths shut. Small Mexican pueblos are not used to this sort activity of the last 10 years.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:33 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:I am unclear on what Cypress is upset/worried/angry about. I am sure there is an attempt at a point being made but I do not know what it is.
I am not upset or worried. I just want to give people a heads up since there are no local papers that tell us what is happening. The area west of the Raquet Club where two guys were murdered is a popular hiking area so people hiking there perhaps should not go there alone and should be very aware of their surrounding.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:27 am

cypress wrote:
Lady Otter Latté wrote:I am unclear on what Cypress is upset/worried/angry about. I am sure there is an attempt at a point being made but I do not know what it is.
I am not upset or worried. I just want to give people a heads up since there are no local papers that tell us what is happening. The area west of the Raquet Club where two guys were murdered is a popular hiking area so people hiking there perhaps should not go there alone and should be very aware of their surrounding.

I misread your tone. I would hope no one goes hiking alone and is always very aware of their surroundings (no matter where they are), but I guess not everyone is. Thank you for the response.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:55 am

The "El Informador" usually has detailed news and invariably reports on such happenings. I expect these killings will be reported when today's paper is issued.

The "Laguna Weekly" also has in depth local news
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:33 am

DaveP wrote:The "El Informador" usually has detailed news and invariably reports on such happenings. I expect these killings will be reported when today's paper is issued.

The "Laguna Weekly" also has in depth local news

Exactly!
I think too many people (English speaking only foreigners) depend too much on the one GDL weekly English language newspaper which for the most part is quite limited in the reporting of such matters as crime.  Some Spanish language newspapers, both daily and weekly are almost sensational crime tabloids, sometimes with gruesome photos.  They don't care about reaching the English speaking crowd, except of course if you are willing to read Spanish.
It's just the way it is in a Spanish speaking country.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:00 am

If you read it online you don't even need to know Spanish as most browsers have a translation feature.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down