INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"THE" NEW HOSPITAL - RBC (Ribera Medical Center)

+16
Plan B
Dr. Ayax
David
SunshineyDay
TrueBrit
lakeside7
gringal
Seymour Sam
solajijic
sm1mex
slainte39
Trailrunner
Lady Otter Latté
Gamina
CanuckBob
Chapalamed
20 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

"THE" NEW HOSPITAL - RBC (Ribera Medical Center) - Page 3 Empty Re: "THE" NEW HOSPITAL - RBC (Ribera Medical Center)

Post by Trailrunner Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:52 am

CanuckBob wrote:Speaking of the AHA check out this ironic story...

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/heart-association-president-has-heart-attack-during-heart-health-conference/ar-BBEXIYN?li=AAggFp5

One of my instructors, a Stanford ER doc, coded at a lecture he was presenting back east somewhere. Just dropped dead at the podium in front of a couple hundred doctors. This man was a real jerk and an arrogant instructor. Half the auditorium leapt on stage and started working him, EMS was there instantly, he was a save and came home with a pacemaker. I saw him a couple of weeks after the episode and he was humble, kind to his patients, much easier to work with, and the staff had something to snicker about for months afterward. Karma.

Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

"THE" NEW HOSPITAL - RBC (Ribera Medical Center) - Page 3 Empty Re: "THE" NEW HOSPITAL - RBC (Ribera Medical Center)

Post by CanuckBob Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:57 am

Yeah, how about if some whackjob shoots the president of the NRA at one of their conventions. Now that would be sweet irony......

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

"THE" NEW HOSPITAL - RBC (Ribera Medical Center) - Page 3 Empty unnecessary procedures

Post by Dr. Ayax Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:08 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:I thought angioplasty (with or without insertion of stents) and pacemakers were the unnecessary medical scam of choice. If you are steered to a cardiologist by your friendly GP and they “discover” a very serious problem requiring the need for immediate angioplasty and/or pacemaker you may be the lucky winner of the Bilk The Gringo Sweepstakes. You will be told you could die if you leave the hospital so opting for a second opinion is a difficult decision. And, besides you’re there with your GP who you like and trust.  So, it would seem like the stent/pacemaker scam would be much more successful and lucrative than an unnecessary gall bladder removal.

I completely agree with you.....

Cardiology healthcare is similar, our medical team is arriving to give a second opinion about expensive interventions

www.cardiologosguadalajara.com.mx

Dr. Ayax

http://www.cardiologosguadalajara.com.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Ayax Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:46 pm

soon will have new facilities also for all the Chapala patients with cardiovascular problems

https://cirugiacardiovascular.com.mx/

Dr. Ayax

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:44 pm

I suggest definitely getting a second opinion before letting yourself get rushed into the stent option. The patient's panic button is often pushed for $$$ reasons. I know at least one person this happened to.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Ayax Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:58 pm

a second opinion is always a wise option

Dr. Ayax

Back to top Go down

Post by Plan B Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:59 am

gringal wrote:I suggest definitely getting a second opinion before letting yourself get rushed into the stent option.  The patient's panic button is often pushed for $$$ reasons.  I know at least one person this happened to.

Yes, not the first time or last. Good advice.
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:23 am

Went by this hospital on my way home from the airport. I bet 100 pesos that it is not operational by December. No way, no how.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:40 am

Truly. It's laughable to even THINK so.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:34 pm

ferret wrote:Went by this hospital on my way home from the airport. I bet 100 pesos that it is not operational by December. No way, no how.

I took this updated post from a thread of two years ago to be referring to the new cardiology hospital in or near Villa Nova.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:37 pm

It was started by Chapala Med and is in reference to the one on the libramiento. If Dr. Ayax was tooting the Other, Other Hospital, he should have started his own thread.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:42 pm

ferret wrote:Nope. It was started by Chapala Med and is in reference to the one on the libramiento.

True, that´s what started it, but I thought maybe it was changing gears because of the cardiology reference.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:25 pm

ferret wrote:It was started by Chapala Med and is in reference to the one on the libramiento. If Dr. Ayax was tooting the Other, Other Hospital, he should have started his own thread.
Nope he works with Dr. Hernandez at Chapala Med and will be part of that new hospital.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:35 pm

Thanks CBob.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:35 pm

Got it!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:13 am

This stent scam has been foisted on me twice now. First time was about 4 years ago by a highly recommended cardiologist lakeside, but instead of getting a stent immediately or dying, I flew up to San Diego to see my cardio doc.. After extensive testing, his advice, "Go back to Mexico and enjoy your retirement." I'm back in San Diego now, same reason by a different highly recommended cardio., same tests and surprise, same results.

So I'll back to this cardiologist and see what he has to say. I'm betting he will get up and walk out of his office like the last doc. not to return while I am there. But this time I'm going to get an early appt. and bring a bag lunch and a good book. Bastards.

oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:31 am

Same deal with the pacemakers..Four yars ago my husband was told he had to have a pacemaker that day, the doctor was taking him to Guadaljara to have one put in.. I said no we need a second opinion and went to Guadaljara the following monday to see two other doctors who told us, no need for pacemakers.. Furs years later my husband is alive and well without pacemakers...beware of the emergency situations...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalamed Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:00 pm

"THE" NEW HOSPITAL - RBC (Ribera Medical Center) - Page 3 Screen13

Ribera Medical Center Hospital.
Nearing completion.
Stay tuned for the opening date.
Chapalamed
Chapalamed
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:07 pm

So, will the hospital be completed by December 1 as you said it “had to be”?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:59 pm

Be  careful of medical tourism period! Always get second and a third and a forth opinion if possible. $$$

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalamed Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:23 pm

Construction has to be done by the end of Dec.

Hiring and training of staff is in January.

Grand opening in Feb.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you all for your past support and we will be happy to provide care to those who chose us.

And those who do not, we wish you the best of luck in your choices and "second opinions" etc.

I have posted this thread to keep the community updated on the progress of this humble project and didn't do it to upset anybody or cause any sort of controversy. Happy 2020 and God bless you all!
Chapalamed
Chapalamed
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalamed Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:26 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:So, will the hospital be completed by December 1 as you said it “had to be”?

Thank you for you positive feedback. Cheers!
Chapalamed
Chapalamed
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:56 pm

Chapalamed wrote:
Lady Otter Latté wrote:So, will the hospital be completed by December 1 as you said it “had to be”?

I take that as a “no.”
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalamed Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:43 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:
Chapalamed wrote:

I take that as a “no.”

-----------------------------------------------

Grand opening in Feb.

Happy 2020!
Chapalamed
Chapalamed
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:31 pm

Chapalamed wrote:
Lady Otter Latté wrote:
Chapalamed wrote:

I take that as a “no.”

-----------------------------------------------

Grand opening in Feb.

Happy 2020!

Okay. December 1 became end of December which may become some other date.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:57 pm

No matter how hard the owner, investor, etc. tries, construction seems to always take longer than expected. So if the construction only takes 30 days longer than promised by the builder, that is darn good, here in Mexico Very Happy
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next