INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indian Curry - otra vez

3 posters

Go down

Indian Curry - otra vez Empty Indian Curry - otra vez

Post by Trailrunner Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:37 am

Raj! Come back! You are needed and you need to do some more training.

Went to eat curry yesterday and it was pretty comical. There was a long line, that's good. There was also a newbie gringa standing in front of the cash register wondering why she was not getting waited on, she asked me, and I pointed to the end of the line. She said "but I've been standing here all this time!". So when it was my turn, I motioned her to go ahead of me, hey, she had a cane and it was the nice thing to do, right? Mistake.

She started out by saying she was lactose intolerant, which produced blank stares from the 2 guys behind the counter. It went downhill from there. When she finally got to the register they charged her for more than she ordered and she objected, while the rest of us waited to order.

When it came to my turn, I handed him my to-go container, I no longer accept plastic bags and styrofoam containers so prevalent here, and asked for 2 items, korma and rice. Granted, my container was oversized but was the one I grabbed as I went out the door. Big mistake. The server guy with the pot leaf on his cap groaned at it and kind of stared at the food in front of him trying to figure out what to do.

So, he all but filled it up. I started to stop him but thought I'd just see how it was going to play out and let him do his thing. When it came time to pay, the guy who had been in the kitchen and who is the ONLY ONE THERE WHO CAN WORK THE REGISTER AND TAKE THE MONEY, finally came out and charged me the price for 3 items. I said, "por que, tengo solo dos cosas?" He then thought better of it and charged me for 2 and we settled on that. I was happy and he was happy, I left, and the newbie gringa was still arguing about what they were charging her, and the 2 hungry Mexican trabajadores at the end of the line were STILL waiting to order.

The server had NO idea of the concept of portion control!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Indian Curry - otra vez Empty Re: Indian Curry - otra vez

Post by brigitte Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:53 am

They have no idea about a whole lot of things. Went there with my husband to try out the food a month ago. Asked a question about the food did not like the answer, did not order anything and I will not ever go there.. My husband ate part of his food and will not return either. Another place we will forget about.But then it is not Singapore so what can you expect from a food court..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:11 pm

Are you forgetting where we are?
I appreciate the new flavors, it ain't SF but I can deal. Good veg choices too. Might all be a moot point, tho, they may not survive.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:06 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Are you forgetting where we are?
I appreciate the new flavors, it ain't SF but I can deal. Good veg choices too. Might all be a moot point, tho, they may not survive.

Exactly. The eateries in this outpost of the universe can't be fairly compared with the fine restaurants some of us have known and loved, but that's the package we bought when we moved here. I can deal, too.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:26 pm

I am not comparing these guys to any fine food I had in my life but they could answer question in a way better manner than they do especially when no one is around.
I was just remarking how lousy food courts are in general.. I had some fabulous food in food courts in Malaysia and Singapore.. I am talking about little street stands that put out food that would put all these food courts to shame.. not comparing to fancy restaurants at all..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:21 am

Got that, but let's compare this food court to food courts in the U.S. and Mexico. Most of us haven't had the pleasure of sampling the street stands in Malaysia or Singapore.Very Happy

Let's judge this dog in its class. IMHO, the local food court is as good as or better than most of the others I've encountered either in the U.S. or Mexico. When the mall first opened and for a long time thereafter....not so much. Now is better.

The reasons to eat in any food court: being in a hurry, wanting quick take out or actually preferring one or more of the stalls to other eating options. For me, it's "being in a hurry" and the Indian place serves something healthier than most of the others.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:57 pm

ok similar to food courts from Asia are the little Mexican stands from the street , they are just not organized around a patio where people can eat and the quality f the street fare in Mexuciand the taste of the food is a whole lot better than the commercial food courts and that is a shame.. Instead of putting insipide tasting food from chains and mediocre restaurants they should have locals with their specialties..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:17 pm

Problem: Money. I have a suspicion that the rent for the food court slots in the malls is more than the street stands are ready and/or are able to pay.
I admit that I know nothing at all about what fees and to whom the street stands need to pay. Anyone know?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down