INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Telmex is at it again!

+10
ltollefs
Newfhugger
Flamingo
Lady Otter Latté
Clueless
slainte39
ferret
Trailrunner
MexicoPete
David
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Telmex is at it again! Empty Telmex is at it again!

Post by David Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:30 am

Check your phone bills! My neighbor just got hit with the mystery "Insurance" billing. I thought they'd done away with this?

The last two months I've gotten the "Telmex Tienda" billing. Including IVA it's $150 Pesos. Went to the office last month, they credited it back and said it won't happen again. There it was again this month!

I wonder how much $$ they rake in from the folks who don't scrutinize their bills?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Telmex is at it again! Empty Re: Telmex is at it again!

Post by MexicoPete Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:48 am

I bet although a small percentage that they make quite a bit taking advantage of the old and others who do not check their bill.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:00 pm

Ba$tards!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:28 pm

I think so too, I bet they make bank on people who don't pay attention.

Same as that friggin' Actinver does on their unlabeled "life insurance" charge at the bottom of the statement. They won't pay, don't even bother trying.Better yet, move your money to MV.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:44 pm

Actiner just copied the theiving ways of Lloyd's.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:51 pm

David wrote:Actiner just copied the theiving ways of Lloyd's.

Interesting comment David. I never found Lloyds to pull any of the stunts that Actinver did and I had an account with them for over 15 years. Actinver's terrible service and stunts are the reason I eventually closed the account.
YMMV.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:00 pm

Lloyd's withheld Mexican taxes on several gringo friends of mine "by mistake" for years, but refused to repay any but the current year. It was not a small sum lost.

I never did business with them because they a) were not a bank and b) they were not really an investment house. They had no seat on the Bolsa. MultiValores did all their buying and selling for them which is why their returns were always below MV.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:07 pm

Multiva did not even exist at the time that I was opening an account in 1996 in San Miguel.
Never had a problem paying taxes on the interest earned in Mexico either. The ease of it beat the heck out of filing a Mexican Income Tax Return.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:01 pm

ferret wrote:Multiva did not even exist at the time that I was opening an account in 1996 in San Miguel.
Never had a problem paying taxes on the interest earned in Mexico either. The ease of it beat the heck out of filing a Mexican Income Tax Return.

I've had an account with Multivalores since 1988, when their office was on Prolongocion de Americas. in GDL, and they serviced their clientele in Chapala by making weekly trips there by one of their representatives.
They go back to before that.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:03 pm

David wrote:Lloyd's withheld Mexican taxes on several gringo friends of mine "by mistake" for years, but refused to repay any but the current year.  It was not a small sum lost.

I never did business with them because they a) were not a bank and b) they were not really an investment house.  They had no seat on the Bolsa.  MultiValores did all their buying and selling for them which is why their returns were always below MV.

Absolutely true......I quit them in 1988 because of all their shenanigans then, which was even worse with several clients losing large sums of investment funds.  That's when they lost their seat on the Bolsa for improprieties.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:13 pm

My bad let me clarify... Multiva did not exist IN SAN MIGUEL, when I was opening an account IN SAN MIGUEL in 1996. Perhaps Lloyds learned from their mistakes because I never, ever had a problem with them in over 15 years. Great returns on investments and wonderful service IN SAN MIGUEL.
There actually wasn't a lot of choice for us because, don't forget what happened to the peso in Dec. of '94. And there certainly weren't any ATM machines IN SAN MIGUEL either in 1996.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:24 pm

In 1985, when I had a stint of living in SMA, is used the Nacional Financiera, which had an office around the Jardin, somewhere very close to the old Hotel on the NW corner, San Francisco, I believe, Banamex was on the opposite corner.
NF. a government entity, has been gone for years.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:31 am

It's the same thing at Walmart. Ite's are rung up at a higher price that shown on the shelves, even comparing the SKU number. But at least WM shoes you s readout of the prices as they are scanned, Soriana does not.

In one instance, the shelp price was less than rung up, when I pointed it out, I was told that the sticker was an "Old" one that hadnot been removed yet. Three days later, it was the same situation.

You can usually get a refund, but it takes time waiting at the Customer Service counter. a lot of people think it's not worth the taking the time.

Anyway, what's the difference? "We" can afford it.

Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:59 am

Well, at least the first four posts actually addressed the OP before the thread went into hopeless topic drift.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:03 am

Really! Folks, this thread is about TELMEX adding things not ordered to phone bills! If you wish to discuss investment firms or grocery stores PLEASE start a new thread!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:21 am

Well, I didn't start the topic drift but I always check my Telmex bill because I have had extra charges on it. Absolutely pisses me off that I have to go to the Telmex office to get taken off what I never requested in the first place.
First (and only) time, the rep said "WELL, SOMEBODY in your household okayed it"... "REALLY?" I said "Considering I'm the only person in my household, you must be calling me a liar". He turned back to the computer and deleted the charge without further comment.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:41 am

Ferret, what a great story! Yesterday, the rep told my wife the charge was due to "hackers!"
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:54 am

Wow, that's a completely different response than the one I got several months ago when I went in to have it removed and pay the rest of the bill. They were apologetic and embarrassed and it was both the woman behind the counter (not desk) and her manager whom she called in to delete the charge. Haven't been charged that again since but I watch all my bills like a hawk.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:00 am

A few months ago after I discovered the bogus charges for "insurance," I went in and the rep said, "Oh, you don't want the insurance?" I said no and he promptly removed 8 months worth of charges! I hadn't realized they'd been bill me for so long.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:20 am

slainte39 wrote:
David wrote:Lloyd's withheld Mexican taxes on several gringo friends of mine "by mistake" for years, but refused to repay any but the current year.  It was not a small sum lost.

I never did business with them because they a) were not a bank and b) they were not really an investment house.  They had no seat on the Bolsa.  MultiValores did all their buying and selling for them which is why their returns were always below MV.

Absolutely true......I quit them in 1988 because of all their shenanigans then, which was even worse with several clients losing large sums of investment funds.  That's when they lost their seat on the Bolsa for improprieties.

Those "darn" people that drift off into investment firms and forget the thread is about "Telmex"!!!!
Very Happy Shocked Rolling Eyes scratch lol! lol! lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:39 pm

Husband paid our TelMex bill this morning and received a $100 peso refund??? for a reason he couldn't understand. (He speaks pretty good Spanish but is getting dementia so they may have tried to explain) Maybe TelMex is changing their ways????
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:10 pm

Maybe I should go back there!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfhugger Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:48 pm

I have received this $150 charge from Telmex for the third month. I am really tired of going in and having to have it removed. They say it will not happen again, then it does. Has anyone had this charge actually removed going forward and not just for the current billing cycle? Do I need to change to another company? Do I need to hire an attorney? What works to get this stopped?

Newfhugger

Back to top Go down

Post by ltollefs Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:13 pm

Newfhugger wrote: Do I need to hire an attorney?

No, I think you should try overreacting first.
ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:21 pm

lolol
And, let us know when you find another company so we can all change our phone/internet service.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next