INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Emigre classes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Emigre classes

Post by slainte39 on Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:41 am

I think that Mexican Consulates around the world, in addition to checking fiscal responsibility of potential émigrés to Mexico, should conduct classes to teach candidates to love topes, baches, cops that receive mordidas, local politicians who become well off while in office, and loud music and cohetes.
Only after completing these classes and receiving a certificate of same, would they be considered for anything other than a tourist visa.

The main thene of which is, this might make us different than where you are coming from.
flag waver mariachi flag waver
This is how we do things here and our way of life.

Of course, some boards might go out of business.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Re: Emigre classes

Post by CanuckBob on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:59 pm

Most of the complaining seems to come from the ole timers who have soured to the quaintness and charm of Mexico. This place isn't any noisier, dirtier or more corrupt than it was 10 years ago. In many regards I think things have improved. Perhaps their dream wasn't quite what they thought it would be. If I felt even a fraction of what they seem to feel I would be on the first plane out of here. The world is a big place with plenty of options......

CanuckBob
Humble Administrator
Humble Administrator

Humor : Sick and twisted

http://Www.casadecomo.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus on Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:09 pm

Nice idea, but I think the level of cluelessness of many who move to Mexico is beyond the power of education.

They will do what they will do: move here, and then chronically bitch about Mexico, or eventually move away. And not ONE of them who moves back will take personal responsibility for their misguided decision to move here in the first place. It's "Mexico's fault".

Zero sympathy.

mariachi
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 on Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:33 pm

Some foreigners think complaining will/can/should result in change.  Most Mexicans will pay lip service to complaining but realistically know that that is not going to happen and proceed to accept it.
They most always will agree with their foreign neighbors, as evidenced by posts on TOB, but really don't get that worked up about it.
You will know when  Mexicans REALLY have something to complain about, as they will be protesting in some public venue, like the government buildings in GDL and the municipios, or the airport, or whatever.....not to their foreign neighbors (especially when solicited by same....lip service vs. reality).

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:37 am

In Chiapas people get pissed off on a regular basis, like daily and just block the road or hold people hostage..It gets to be a real pain to go from point A to point B as you never know when you will get where you are going or if youwill be able to get back home that day.
For the day of No vioñlence against women some ejido decided to block the road and ask for 20 pesos, they issued this long list of grievances to go with it and collected money until 6 and then went away.. I doubt any man in that town quit drinking and beating up their wife actually they probably bought alcohol with the money...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:01 pm

Well at least they used, genuinely or falsely, the mantra of "no violence against women, as their reason for the shakedown and not saying they were protesting cohetes and loud music.  lol!

I hope the chronic complainers on TOB don't read this and add a new weapon to their arsenal.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top