INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avocado Club

+2
suegarn
K2tog
6 posters

Go down

Avocado Club Empty Avocado Club

Post by K2tog Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:22 pm

Does anyone know why Avocado Club closed so abrutly? Does anyone know where the wonderful chef there, Joe/Jose, from New Orleans has gone? If he goes to another restaurant, will you let us know? Thanks!

K2tog
K2tog

Back to top Go down

Avocado Club Empty Re: Avocado Club

Post by suegarn Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:35 pm

I found this notice posted on their Facebook page dated January 24.

DEAR PATRONS,
WE WOULD LIKE TO ANNOUNCE AVOCADO CLUB WILL BE CLOSED AS OF JANUARY 28TH AND WE WILL BE OPEN FOR EVENTS ONLY. SEE YOU AT THE NORTHERN LIGHTS FESTIVAL ON FEB 26TH. DO NOT MISS IT. THANK YOU. AVOCADO CLUB

Avocado Club 851398

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:50 pm

While I never patronized the Avocado Club I did the other ventures that were there prior and it was pretty cold in all of them from mid November to mid February which is also the high season so maybe they lacked the business.......??

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Phillips Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:40 pm

CanuckBob wrote:While I never patronized the Avocado Club I did the other ventures that were there prior and it was pretty cold in all of them from mid November to mid February which is also the high season so maybe they lacked the business.......??
...... and a lot of stairs to climb.
Bill Phillips
Bill Phillips
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Trent Lakes Ont. in the summer - Chula Vista in the winter

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:24 am

K2tog wrote:Does anyone know why Avocado Club closed so abrutly? Does anyone know where the wonderful chef there, Joe/Jose, from New Orleans has gone? If he goes to another restaurant, will you let us know? Thanks!

If you mean Chef Joel of New Orleans, he is currently renting the kitchen at Funky Finns on La Paz in SAT. They had their grand opening last Saturday and had an event yesterday, one tonight, and a Super Bowl party tomorrow starting at 4. The have free valet parking. This is where Casa de la Musica was. They are open for dinner starting at 6:30 and the bands start at 8 PM. You will need reservations. They have a facebook page with photos, maps and event info. The food is excellent.

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:54 am

What kind of food are they serving?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by K2tog Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:31 pm

itsme wrote:
K2tog wrote:Does anyone know why Avocado Club closed so abrutly? Does anyone know where the wonderful chef there, Joe/Jose, from New Orleans has gone? If he goes to another restaurant, will you let us know? Thanks!

If you mean Chef Joel of New Orleans, he is currently renting the kitchen at Funky Finns on La Paz in SAT. They had their grand opening last Saturday and had an event yesterday, one tonight, and a Super Bowl party tomorrow starting at 4. The have free valet parking. This is where Casa de la Musica was. They are open for dinner starting at 6:30 and the bands start at 8 PM. You will need reservations. They have a facebook page with photos, maps and event info. The food is excellent.

Great to know he's still around. Thanks for letting me know. I loved his food at Avocado Club he added so much to their menu. I'll have to wander around SAT to find it cause I never went to Casa de la Musica when it was there.
K2tog
K2tog

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:27 am

Trailrunner wrote:What kind of food are they serving?

If you are on FB you can check out their page. He changes the menu for whatever is going on, last night I had the Shrimp Toast and then the Fish Lousianne. Both were very good. Today they are having a Super Bowl Tailgate party starting at 4 today, they will have 4 large screen tvs and a bucket of 6 beers for $ 125.00. Serving wings, bacon slab sirloin sliders, Philly Cheese Steak, and fried Shrimp/Fish Poboys or Tacos. I do not believe there is a cover charge and they have free valet parking.  The Chef is Joel formerly of Avocados. They have had quite a few specials, last night it was the Ol Country Boys, Friday I think they had Tommy and the Soul Investors. I heard they rocked the place on Friday, I did not stay for the music last night. I did hear a few of their songs before I left and thought they were good. That is all I can remember, check it out.
Oh, I forgot, it is on La Paz in SAT. Drive past Adelitas and take a left at the intersection, it is only a few doors down on the right, can't miss it.

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down