INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for professional help with rental

+2
CanuckBob
esga
6 posters

Go down

Looking for professional help with rental Empty Looking for professional help with rental

Post by esga Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:18 am

HI folks,

We are coming down in April to look for long term rental, but I just became aware of a house I am interested in which is available now - on a block that I know well. So I am looking for professional help - the type of person who calls herself (usually it's a her) a concierge, to look at the house and give me more pics and information about it, and help with a contract if it seems suitable. I have contacted a couple people on Facebook but either everyone there is busy now, or involved with Carnaval (or out of town for Carnaval?).

Any contacts would be appreciated. (If I didn't know the location well, I would not consider doing this long distance).
Elisabeth (and George)

esga

Back to top Go down

Looking for professional help with rental Empty Re: Looking for professional help with rental

Post by CanuckBob Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:39 am

Offhand I don't know of anyone performing this type of service other than rental agents. Is the house currently managed by a rental company or does the owner rent it out privately?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Looking for professional help with rental Empty Re: Looking for professional help with rental

Post by slainte39 Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:28 am

Maybe Spencer McMullen's office would be interested in doing this service for a fee.  For sure, help with the contract.
They do similar type of leg work for various immigration, passport, and other facilitator issues.
Just a thought, because as Bob says, I don't know anyone that does that particular kind of service, exclusively.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by esga Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:44 am

Actually, there are a number of people who do this - they mainly make themselves known on Facebook (which tells you something). I have found someone who is taking care of this. I already have friends who have volunteered to help, but I the concierge I am working with specializes in housing; she has a standard list of questions she asks, and she will go through the house and test all the faucets, toilets, etc., as well as send me more pictures than the agency has posted online. It's kind of like contracting with a buyer's agent in the US and paying them a fee, rather than depending on a realtor who has an interest in getting it rented.

Thank you all. I have followed these boards for a while, don't post much (as a mere prospective newbie, I only have questions and opinions about, for example, why so many people are fleeing the US now, me included). I look forward to meeting folks when we get there in April! Elisabeth

esga

Back to top Go down

Post by esga Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:45 am

And you are correct that I may want a lawyer if we really do think it would be for us. I have learned that much from you all!

esga

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:04 pm

Yes, be sure to run any long term lease past Spencer.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:05 pm

Smart lady, Elizabeth. Welcome to the area.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:25 pm

I love practical, down to earth people! Welcome Elizabeth!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by esga Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:09 pm

Thank you all! I am a librarian and we like to do research (beyond posting on Facebook something like, "I want to retire in Mexico on my Social Security, where is the best place?". You all have been such a resource. I am old enough to be more comfortable with webboards rather than Facebook but I certainly am learning there who to avoid, as well as some I want to meet.

esga

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:19 pm

esga wrote:Thank you all!  I am a librarian and we like to do research (beyond posting on Facebook something like, "I want to retire in Mexico on my Social Security, where is the best place?".  You all have been such a resource. I am old enough to be more comfortable with webboards rather than Facebook but I certainly am learning there who to avoid, as well as some I want to meet.

Best luck with your move, and welcome!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down