INSIDE LAKESIDE
Log In or Register

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Buenavista fracc.

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Buenavista fracc.

Post by Flamingo on Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:39 pm

Speaking of dog protection, when I leave the dogs in the car, I always say "Be good dogs. Don't let anybody in the car." Kind of a throw-away line. I was getting gas at Pemex when the attendant opened the passenger door to reach across the car for the gas-cap key. Sam, the dear departed Corgi, came over the back seat snarling. I didn't know he was paying attention.

Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1501
Join date : 2011-10-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Buenavista fracc.

Post by gringal on Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:10 am

kiko wrote:If you want the best theft protection get a Belgian Malinois.  Smart, loyal, athletic, and powerful.
>> End of thief. >>> End of story.  

Hola;  Pretend I'm a 23 year old and I'm a professional thief with good (bad) skills.  I'm at the top of your wall and your Belgian Malinois is snarling below.  BAM. I just shot your "best theft protection" with my taser. Then I hopped down and finished him off with my knife. End of dog.  Your second dog is coming on fast. BAM, etc.  End of story.  

To repeat:  the only good reason to have a dog (or dogs) and feed 'em, pay their vet bills and pick up their poop is because you enjoy their company.

If a person is worrying overmuch about thieves and has enough good stuff to justify it, he/she can hire a watchman with a gun. That's what the well-off and businesses do in the Big City. Sometimes there are watchmen AND dogs, but those puppies aren't meant to be pets.
pirat

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 10223
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : Lake Chapala (from CA)
Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Re: Buenavista fracc.

Post by ferret on Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:29 am

You need to read up on tasers. Most are not multiple shot devices nor are they cheap...the single shot variety available to a consumer...
"Price, ranging from $399 U.S. and up, TASER devices are more expensive than stun guns requiring the purchase of replacement firing cartridges and batteries/power magazine replacements over their life."
Thieves here will go where there are no dogs because, Gracias a Dios, most Mexicans are afraid of dogs... and most owners know what their barking dog is barking for. Thieves do not want to attract attention themselves and will pick a place without dogs and without security... in other words easy pickings.

Everybody knows you're not a dog lover Gringal. Each to his/her own.
avatar
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4504
Join date : 2010-05-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Buenavista fracc.

Post by Trailrunner on Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:15 am

"Everybody knows you're not a dog lover Gringal. Each to his/her own."
Gads, really!! I don't think I've ever read such a revealing dog rant before.

Mexican thieves don't have tasers, few have guns, but what they sometimes DO have are pieces of meat with rat poison on them and they will use it. It would be devastating to not only be robbed but to have your doggies poisoned too.

Lets think positive, take all precautions, and hope it doesn't happen.
avatar
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 6102
Join date : 2011-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Buenavista fracc.

Post by gringal on Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:30 am

I've seldom encountered more revealing posts about emotional, rather than rational, thinking.

This was a "theoretical" scenario and had nothing to do with anything except pointing out that people who expect their pets to do double duty as guards and have faith that it will be enough, are not considering the possible flaws in that belief. I hope your beliefs all come true.

I don't personally know any thieves, so I am unaware that their weapon of choice would be poisoned meat.




gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 10223
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : Lake Chapala (from CA)
Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Re: Buenavista fracc.

Post by ferret on Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:51 am

Fine. Let's be logical.
1) With or without dogs, my house is secure. If I can't get out, then nobody can get in. Yes, someone could arrive with a rotary cutter but they are not only very noisy, it took the guy a half an hour to cut through the piece preventing anyone from slipping the lock with a jimmy. That does not include cutting through two deadbolts that are 12 inches apart IF I had even had them engaged at the time. That is the same set up on the two interior doors leading to atriums.
2) My girls are not outside the house unless I'm home. Dogs can also be trained to not eat anything except from their owner or put in their bowl.
3) My walls are 12 feet high and any thief would need a really heavy extension ladder to get to the top. Then they'd have to drag the ladder up and over so they could get down and do the reverse to get out.
4) My windows are iron grilled in rectangles.

Basically, whether I have dogs or not, I'm secure and nobody else has keys. The dogs add another layer of protection simply because they are an early warning system. I chose this house for many reasons but, at the top of the list was security. I'm glad my walls are 12 feet high, because I saw Ginny regularly jump to the top of the six foot fence in La Huerta, balance and jump down on the other side. She let herself back into the yard the same way. Oh, and did I mention the thorned bugambilia on the inside of my walls?
Pick another place thief. Way too much trouble for no return on your effort.

p.s. forgot to mention. Called Aragon Locksmith yesterday to replace the lock with the same kind. The lock itself cost a thousand pesos and came with two keys. Installation was 300 pesos. I asked about lock maintenance and he said spray with WD40 every six months and make sure the first time was just before the rainy season.


Last edited by ferret on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4504
Join date : 2010-05-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Buenavista fracc.

Post by slainte39 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:52 am

ferret wrote:
Gracias a Dios, most Mexicans are afraid of dogs...


Hmmmmm!!!!......most is a lot.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 7616
Join date : 2010-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Buenavista fracc.

Post by gringal on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:10 am

slainte39 wrote:
ferret wrote:
Gracias a Dios, most Mexicans are afraid of dogs...


Hmmmmm!!!!......most is a lot.

True. The ones I see out and about with dogs aren't walking the little, cuddly ones. They seem to favor the big, more aggressive breeds. And then, there's the many roof dogs. Assumptions are rife, it seems.

For example, I belong the the faction that has no hesitation in objecting to the inconsiderate behavior of people who defy the law and bring their pets into restaurants, or unleashed, out on the Malecon where they'll be sharing the path with children and the frail elderly. From this, at least one poster has assumed I'm against dogs. Rather a leap, there.
And....false.





gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 10223
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : Lake Chapala (from CA)
Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Re: Buenavista fracc.

Post by slainte39 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:19 am

There sure are a lot of dogs all over the streets, running everywhere, getting killed on highways, and filling up dog rescue facilities for a country "where most (native born inhabitants) are afraid of them.
And then there are the dogs that live in nice Mexican homes with responsible owners that seldom take them to restaurants.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 7616
Join date : 2010-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Buenavista fracc.

Post by benjji on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:21 am

Gringal....since posting is really more important to you than being right about most things....
Why not post about smokers and dogs at Gosha's....you promote them as a go to restaurant, so dogs and smokers are okay at some restaurants...eh!


Last edited by benjji on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because it annoy's Gringal)

benjji
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 346
Join date : 2010-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Buenavista fracc.

Post by gringal on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:34 am

benjji wrote:Gringal....since posting is really more important to you than being right about most things....
Why not post about smokers and dogs at Goshers....you promote them as a go to restaurant, so dogs and smokers are okay at some restaurants...eh!


How about getting your facts together before going on the attack?

First, it's "Gosha's" and there are prominent signs about no smoking being allowed either outside or inside. Not very observant?

Second, dogs are not allowed inside the restaurant. Occasionally a patron will bring one along and sit outside.
I have no real problem with that as long as the dog isn't allowed to sit, pantless, on one the dining chairs or annoy other diners.
I does seem a little mean to the dog, though, since its sensitive nose is smelling all the good stuff and it isn't getting any.
Have a nice day.
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 10223
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : Lake Chapala (from CA)
Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Re: Buenavista fracc.

Post by ferret on Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:45 pm

ROTFLMAO. Wow, two thumbs down for stating the logical security facts of MY house that none of you have ever been in. That's not logical at all.

I know Mexicans who are dog lovers. But the majority that I have come in contact with over the last 21 years are not...unless they are cute puppies. How much love do dogs on the street have when they are left to fend for themselves against other dogs/cars/people without water or shelter...and then welcomed "home" at night. My gringo neighbour was told by my other Mexican neighbour that children throwing rocks at a dog on a leash was OK because "that's what Mexican kids do". Really? Please tell me that's not true. And, considering the number of different workmen that have been here to do work in this house in the last year, ALL except for one has asked me to please put my dogs away as they back against a wall in fear. My observations and my conclusions. Flame away.

avatar
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4504
Join date : 2010-05-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Buenavista fracc.

Post by brigitte on Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:20 pm

Dogs can be good deterrent , of course they can be shot or poisonned, but then that is two or 3 bullets the thief does not have and thieves really do not want to attract attention before entering in a place where someone may live.

Another time someone followed my hsband and threaten to beat him up because he " cut him of" over thre at the walmart merge lane.. THe man followed us all the way to the house.. as je was threatening my husband I got the 4 mastiffs out and told the man to beat it.. and believe it or not but he did.. By the way the man was a Canadian not a Mexican.. He was ready to beat up another guy but left when he saw the dogs..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 3468
Join date : 2011-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Buenavista fracc.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum