INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa Jorgensen’s new crime site... she just doesn’t give up.

+10
simpsca
NealH
Gamina
MexicoPete
slainte39
Trailrunner
CanuckBob
Lady Otter Latté
Axixic
Seymour Sam
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lisa Jorgensen’s new crime site...  she just doesn’t give up. - Page 2 Empty Re: Lisa Jorgensen’s new crime site... she just doesn’t give up.

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:50 pm

Oh, Neal. You cock-eyed optimist. It does not matter who you think has been endorsed. Do you have any idea how many businesses, projects, and programs Lisa has begun and then walked away from? You don’t, because if you did you would not think putting anybody’s eggs in her basket is going to be a long-term investment that will bring results. CBob and Brigitte know what they are talking about. They are not jumping at the latest fad hoping to make a few bucks before people wise up or they grow bored. They are here for the long haul. You would be wise to listen to what they are saying.

Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Lisa Jorgensen’s new crime site...  she just doesn’t give up. - Page 2 Empty Re: Lisa Jorgensen’s new crime site... she just doesn’t give up.

Post by brigitte Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:01 pm

first point local authority cannot be shamed into anything.. they may do something if they see a benefit in it or if they are inclined to. Shame.. funny , I do not think so..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:27 am

It's all about votes and/or job retention. If they feel that either are threatened they may take some action. They may be able to reduce some of the petty crime with better patrols, cops on foot, etc however at the municipal level they won't reduce or even attempt to interfere with the cartel stuff. That would take the State, Federales and Marines such as we saw during the May 2012 violence.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:26 am

In other words life will go on as usual. petty crime comes and goes..it is like the waves in the ocean there are always more waves coming some big some small but they keep coming..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:18 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Personally, I'm just not that interested in crime. Sure I like to hear something that strikes close but otherwise I couldn't think of a more depressing thing to sit around reading (except TOB of course). I never followed any "crime blogs" back home either.......

This pretty much my opinion also.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:10 pm

On TOB and some of the assorted Facebook pages devoted to this area too many people seem focused on crime and all the horrible things that happen, might have happened, or could happen down here. There was an outraged FB post from someone whose Uber ride was “stolen” by someone else who answered yes when the driver stopped and asked, “Are you so-and-so?”. Oh, the comments came fast and furious including demands that SOMETHING BE DONE ABOUT THIS. There is this seething anger, expectation of danger, and moral outrage about EVERYTHING. It must be exhausting.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:49 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:On TOB and some of the assorted Facebook pages devoted to this area too many people seem focused on crime and all the horrible things that happen, might have happened, or could happen down here. There was an outraged FB post from someone whose Uber ride was “stolen” by someone else who answered yes when the driver stopped and asked, “Are you so-and-so?”. Oh, the comments came fast and furious including demands that SOMETHING BE DONE ABOUT THIS. There is this seething anger, expectation of danger, and moral outrage about EVERYTHING. It must be exhausting.

I'm sure it must be, and besides, it's a waste of energy. I suspect the participants sort of whip each other into a frenzy of outrage that would be difficult to accomplish on one's own.
Basta

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:56 pm

I'm sure it must be, and besides, it's a waste of energy.  I suspect the participants sort of whip each other into a frenzy of outrage that would be difficult to accomplish on one's own.
Basta [/quote]

I think you are right. Outrage is contagious and needs to be fed. Otherwise it dies out and they need to find something better to do. They might even have some fun and begin to enjoy their lives down here.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:17 pm

Maybe just for a fun diversion or change of pace they could work on getting the Chapala Bus routes changed through San Antonio.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:22 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Yes, you are missing the fact that both expats and Mexicans, including some government officials, have been posting on that Facebook page.

What have the Chapala officials had to say of any import?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:36 am

I'm not sure. I briefly looked at the page a few days after it opened and haven't looked at it since. I recognized a few of the names such as Gloria's. When I looked the comments were standard political responses. There is probably more now.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:46 am

Nope. That was it.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:59 am

they quickly saw that there was no where to go with it--

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gvprod Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:19 pm

Does anyone know how many "investigators" does the Chapala Ministerio Publico have?
gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : live today like no one else, so tomorrow you can live like no one else

http://www.lathmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2